agnieszka
    agnieszka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Betway stole my money

Since the World Cup is coming and many of us will use the services of bookmakers during the tournament and some of you may wonder which company to choose.
    It is worth to cast some light on the Betway company, the official sponsor of West Ham United or an e-gaming team "Ninjas in pyjamas"
    At first glance, everything seemed okay, the problem started when I deposited GBP 300 and won 1500. A standard verification of the address of residence. I sent a bank statement the next day I received the information that an on-line bank statement is not accepted, I tried to enter the chat to find out which forms of confirming the address are accepted. This was where the problems began, suddenly the chat stopped working, waiting took hours. When I managed to get the information that it had to be a paper statement and that's what I sent next. Later, I received the information saying that it was sent to the appropriate department and I would get a reply within 48 hours. Of course, after 48 hours there was no reply, I contacted the customer service again, their explanation was at least ridiculous, a quote: “Sorry that was my bad haha forgot May had 31 days in the month.” When you working in these shift environments, you lose your track of days and months. My apologies”
    After a brief conversation, they apologized and asked me for extra time. Of course, I still have not had any reaction. Moreover, I received a reminder today to send a verification document that I have already sent.
    So, I would advise you to be careful where you create your accounts, I think there is a whole lot of better companies like bet365, paddy power, bet fair and many more that are legitimate and trustworthy, in which payments and the data verification usually take no more than 48.
    To conclude, it i worth reminding about the history of SBR rank.
    In 2006 the betway company got a C rank, This was lowered in June 2008 to D+ in connection with numerous cases of cancelled bets and bonuses confiscations. Finally, they ended up with a D- due to the cheats regarding bonuses 24.09.2009 betway closeed the accounts of a few players taking their prizes. Between 2013 and 2016, the company used to work on its reputation by fixing the mistakes. Is the company trying to come back to its dishonest practices again?
    Therefore, it is advisible to think over opening an account and depositing any money there since one may not see it again. It is surprising that West Ham football club and other clubs want to cooperate with them.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Did I miss the part where Betway stole your money?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

You mean Betway taking more than 48 hours to complete my KYC.

Not they stole your money.

The operator apologized and asked for more time. Second level KYC regularly takes a week or two at Bet365 btw. This is not out of hand by comparison. Just resend the requested document and sit tight and they should complete it soon.

agnieszka

Okey then, I gonna wait, maybe I just panic, but I saw a lot of bad review about that company and I am just afraid about money. Moreover all other bookmakres which I know verify customers within 12-24 hours, they havent done it within 5 days.
    As I said I gonna sit tight and let you know in a few days

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by agnieszka View Post
    Okey then, I gonna wait, maybe I just panic, but I saw a lot of bad review about that company and I am just afraid about money. Moreover all other bookmakres which I know verify customers within 12-24 hours, they havent done it within 5 days.
    As I said I gonna sit tight and let you know in a few days
    If you are a female (?), unfortunately many books will look closer at you than a male. (as so many males use partner's ID to make 2nd accounts)

But if you are a genuine bettor and have no connection to anyone else in your household betting, you should be fine.

You need to wait for a decision either way before you can do more anyway.

sNoWmAn2169
    sNoWmAn2169's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

I got the runaround the first time I tried withdrawing, won't mention the book but they paid BTC on the 5th day. It is scary when you are new to online sports betting and find out you are using a sub-par book. Glad I found this place, and thus better books.

Simbex
    Update your status
    Simbex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

My 5c about Betway. I played there for some time and than one day I couldn't log in anymore. I asked on the chat what is going on and they told me that they moved out of my country and that they will return my balance, which was 13€. And I am like ok whatever just give me back my money and that is it. So I am waiting for a week or two and still nothing happens, and I ask them again when will I get my money and they sent me an email claiming that I took a bonus (which I didn't) and that they confiscated my winnings so my balance is now to low to withdraw. And I was like˝ what are you talking I didn't took any bonus, check it again˝. So they checked it again, apologized and I finally got my 13€ back. It is not about the money it is about the principle and I was pretty pissed.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18965

Since the World Cup is coming and many of us will use the services of bookmakers during the tournament and some of you may wonder which company to choose.
    It is worth to cast some light on the Betway company, the official sponsor of West Ham United or an e-gaming team "Ninjas in pyjamas"
    At first glance, everything seemed okay, the problem started when I deposited GBP 300 and won 1500. A standard verification of the address of residence. I sent a bank statement the next day I received the information that an on-line bank statement is not accepted, I tried to enter the chat to find out which forms of confirming the address are accepted. This was where the problems began, suddenly the chat stopped working, waiting took hours. When I managed to get the information that it had to be a paper statement and that's what I sent next. Later, I received the information saying that it was sent to the appropriate department and I would get a reply within 48 hours. Of course, after 48 hours there was no reply, I contacted the customer service again, their explanation was at least ridiculous, a quote: “Sorry that was my bad haha forgot May had 31 days in the month.” When you working in these shift environments, you lose your track of days and months. My apologies”
    After a brief conversation, they apologized and asked me for extra time. Of course, I still have not had any reaction. Moreover, I received a reminder today to send a verification document that I have already sent.
    So, I would advise you to be careful where you create your accounts, I think there is a whole lot of better companies like bet365, paddy power, bet fair and many more that are legitimate and trustworthy, in which payments and the data verification usually take no more than 48.
    To conclude, it i worth reminding about the history of SBR rank.
    In 2006 the betway company got a C rank, This was lowered in June 2008 to D+ in connection with numerous cases of cancelled bets and bonuses confiscations. Finally, they ended up with a D- due to the cheats regarding bonuses 24.09.2009 betway closeed the accounts of a few players taking their prizes. Between 2013 and 2016, the company used to work on its reputation by fixing the mistakes. Is the company trying to come back to its dishonest practices again?
    Therefore, it is advisible to think over opening an account and depositing any money there since one may not see it again. It is surprising that West Ham football club and other clubs want to cooperate with them.
    Seriously? You do know who runs West Ham don't you? You don't?...well as a West Ham fan for 45 years let me enlighten you. Our intrepid duo of 'fashion magazine' entrepreneurs started out at the bottom, and dragged the market downwards. Amongst their better known publications were 'Asian Babes' and 'Big Ones'. From there they moved into professional football ownership, and let me tell you...this has not improved their slightly less than golden reputations. The previous light of their life was Birmingham City football club. This club was sold to a Chinese gentleman who has since been arrested and charged with money laundering. As part of the sale agreement this gentleman was required to put money into the club to secure the club's future. Less than shockingly this money was then used by Messrs Gold and Sullivan to pay their Birmingham City business partner, a certain Karen Brady, a very substantial loyalty bonus. Miss Brady then immediately resigned and joined our dashing duo at West Ham. Far be it from me to suggest they swindled a money launderer...but...well never mind. 4 transfer windows ago Gold and Sullivan promised West Ham fans a £25M+ striker. 4 transfer windows later we are still waiting.

Don't be shocked if you see 1xBet sponsoring West Ham in the near future.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18965

I don't have any comment about Betway but I would advise people to check out a book's reputation rather than assume a book is good by the standard of it's advertising. A large advertising budget only shows they have current financial resources. It doesn't mean they are a good or fair book and it doesn't tell you about the history. Research is always advised.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    I don't have any comment about Betway but I would advise people to check out a book's reputation rather than assume a book is good by the standard of it's advertising. A large advertising budget only shows they have current financial resources. It doesn't mean they are a good or fair book and it doesn't tell you about the history. Research is always advised.
    I know many do not agree. And even think the exact opposite.

But personally I see football shirt sponsorship as a red flag more than a positive.

It's such big business as many people do see a shirt sponsorship as giving credibility to the book. And even an endorsement from the club.

IMHO the majority of shirt sponsors are books who have not earned credibility but are spending huge money to buy it.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

Betway was ok until 2017 after for some reason they change their attitude and they are no more friendly for players if someone have choice better avoid them.

agnieszka

When they saw the post, did everything in 12 hours
    Anyway I am not gonna play there anymore. I dont want any extra stress.
    Maybe it was much longer than usully becuse i am woman, dunno.

Optional

When they saw the post, did everything in 12 hours
    Anyway I am not gonna play there anymore. I dont want any extra stress.
    Maybe it was much longer than usully becuse i am woman, dunno.
    Great news and thanks for updating the thread

You are going to run across extra checks at many books as a woman. May as well stick with them now you are past it there.