dercatenaccio
    dercatenaccio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

pinnacle cancelling bets from champions league final

I was betting live on the champions league final Real Madrid against Liverpool FC, and pinnacle cancelled the bets, after they were displayed as "won" for about an hour after the game. I then received the message, that the score of the the game was displayed incorrectly as being at 0-0 instead of the correct score of 2-1, when i was placing the bets in the ~80th minute. It is far from being the first time I had a case like this, but this time i was really stunned, because it was the champions league final, and I dont expect pinnacle to do such a major mistake in such a big game.

I'm curious whether somebody else was betting live on that game too, and experienced the same?

Also I'm curious whether the maximal amount for a live asian handicap wager was at 5135 Euro profit for everybody else too? I thought this was extremely low, considering it was the champions league final.

I experienced huge decreases in the betting maximum in the last 2 months. Primera division, Premier League and Bundesliga used to be over 20k bet maximum for me, and were reduced to 5k, while most of the smaller leagues are down to 1k. I was playing on pinnacle for many years, and was very satisfied, but after being dismissed from placing parlay bets (after placing a few successful ones of course), and with the much lower maximums, I'm fairly disappointed with their service now.

Those were the bets I am talking about:

5 Soccer
    5/26/2018
    13:26
    Real Madrid (n) 0.0 @ [0-0]
    Match - Handicap
    Real Madrid (n) -vs- Liverpool
    LIVE - UEFA - Champions League @ 5/26/2018 11:45
    A
    7,600.94 5,135.77 Cancelled

FT 3:1
    6 Soccer
    5/26/2018
    13:25
    Match - Handicap
    A
    7,806.37 5,135.77 Cancelled

7 Soccer
    5/26/2018
    13:24
    Match - Handicap
    A
    8,063.16 5,135.77 Cancelled

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

People on the losing side would have complained about the listing error.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

So you placed the bet when the score was 2-1 in 80th min? Oblivious you knew it was a line error right? I’m not a big fan of the pinny live product but they are 100% right in voiding that....be happy they don’t ban you

4nic8ing
    4nic8ing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Jesus....get this clown out of here. Did you really expect anyone to side with you on this obvious mistake??

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

good luck
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-29-18 at 11:29 PM.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

It's a lose-lose situation. I accidentally made a bet on a college basketball game past tip-off (it was during conference tourney time so some have weird tip-off times depending when the games before finish). I immediately emailed them because I knew either way I was likely to get screwed over. (bet had a 50-50 chance of winning at that point). Pinnacle waited until the conclusion of the game to tell me that my bet stands and is a loss. Needless to say, they likely voided the winning bets from after tip-off.
    Last edited by xKMACKx; 05-29-18 at 09:33 PM.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

This is schoolbook example of a cheater. Would be great if he arbed this and lost a ton.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20145

Quote Originally Posted by 4nic8ing View Post
    Jesus....get this clown out of here. Did you really expect anyone to side with you on this obvious mistake??
    Yes. Yes he did.

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52069

It was a clear line error. It should have been -400 or something similar.

If the line had been correct and it was just a case of the wording being wrong then I could understand why you would be upset. But you bet an obvious error....and you didnt just max bet it once but THREE! times.

Just like the other poster in this thread wrote, I hope you arbed it off at other books.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave Pareto 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dercatenaccio

I didnt realize it was a wrong line - I would never bet on an obvious error, because I would expect pinnacle to cancel the bet afterwards. Especially on a champions league final. I thought the line was correct with 2-1 when I placed the bet, and I just wanted to place a normal bet. I betted 3 times the maximum because I thought its a very good bet. And as I expect many people were betting on that game, I wanted to find out if their bets got cancelled too, because I thought its very strange to happen in such a big game, and because I thought the line said 2-1 when I was placing the bets.

I think it would be completely ridiculous to try to cheat pinnacle in a bet of the champions league final. And it would be even more ridiculous, to come here to this forum, and then complain about it, that the cheating wasnt successful. Truely ridiculous. So I'm amazed everybody understood it that way. I'm sorry that my english is probably too bad to make myself understandable, and I hope its more clear now, what I wanted to find out.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

It was a clear bad line and the price moved in the wrong direction.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    It's a lose-lose situation. I accidentally made a bet on a college basketball game past tip-off (it was during conference tourney time so some have weird tip-off times depending when the games before finish). I immediately emailed them because I knew either way I was likely to get screwed over. (bet had a 50-50 chance of winning at that point). Pinnacle waited until the conclusion of the game to tell me that my bet stands and is a loss. Needless to say, they likely voided the winning bets from after tip-off.
    That sucks. I guess their rationale was if the bet was made at the correct 'live' odds then the bet should stand. Late bets always seem to end up in a lose-lose situation.

moojoo

Quote Originally Posted by dercatenaccio View Post
    I didnt realize it was a wrong line - I would never bet on an obvious error, because I would expect pinnacle to cancel the bet afterwards. Especially on a champions league final. I thought the line was correct with 2-1 when I placed the bet, and I just wanted to place a normal bet. I betted 3 times the maximum because I thought its a very good bet. And as I expect many people were betting on that game, I wanted to find out if their bets got cancelled too, because I thought its very strange to happen in such a big game, and because I thought the line said 2-1 when I was placing the bets.

I think it would be completely ridiculous to try to cheat pinnacle in a bet of the champions league final. And it would be even more ridiculous, to come here to this forum, and then complain about it, that the cheating wasnt successful. Truely ridiculous. So I'm amazed everybody understood it that way. I'm sorry that my english is probably too bad to make myself understandable, and I hope its more clear now, what I wanted to find out.
    Jackasz you are not 10$ begginer bettor,you are already established. Tell us you didnt even know it was 2:1 for Real at the moment.
    Even if Real had red card that would be bad line.
    Only thing you deserve is ban because you are scammer.

Craig22
    Craig22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Quote Originally Posted by moojoo View Post
    Jackasz you are not 10$ begginer bettor,you are already established. Tell us you didnt even know it was 2:1 for Real at the moment.
    Only thing you deserve is ban because you are scammer.
    Betting a bad line is not scamming lmfao. Obviously, he is going to place a large bet knowing the line is way off. Since they took his bet/ action, he is arguing they should pay out and take the loss on the mistake. Some people on this forum are always angry.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by moojoo View Post
    The line was alright but the scoreline was wrong. I'm with OP, that should not happen in UEFA CL final but to find out if he exploited that error or just wanted to bet on Real +0 @2-1 we would have to see his full bet history of at least the last four weeks so we could see if the bet size in this case was average or significantly above average.

dercatenaccio

Thank you Craig, but I'm not even arguing they should pay because it was their mistake - if it was a mistake, I absolutely understand they cancel all the bets. If I'd be a bookie, I'd do the same. I just didn't see that they mistakenly displayed 0-0 when I took the bet - I thought it showed 2-1 like it was supposed to, and that's why it felt strange when they cancelled the bets (also because it was such a big game where I don't expect a mistake like this to happen), so I was just curious if other bettors of this game experienced the same. I wasn't trying to scam at all, i just don't want to be scammed by pinnacle, and I don't have the experience with bookies (or pinnacle, for that matter), that the users of this forum surely have, so I thought I could ask. I really don't understand the negative answers to my post. Clearly my English wasn't good enough to explain my situation good enough - I'm sorry! You probably have to deal with a lot of bullshit in this forum, if you thought I come here complaining about a scam that wasn't successful.

lonnie55

I'm with you, the only one to blame here is Pinnacle imo. Displaying a wrong scoreline in the UEFA CL final is a no-no. But mistakes happen. And if they displayed 0-0 on your bet slip they have the right to void your bets.

Would be interesting to see if someone bet the opposite Liverpool +0 @2-1 when 0-0 was displayed, and how his bets had been handled

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by dercatenaccio View Post
    Thank you Craig, but I'm not even arguing they should pay because it was their mistake - if it was a mistake, I absolutely understand they cancel all the bets. If I'd be a bookie, I'd do the same. I just didn't see that they mistakenly displayed 0-0 when I took the bet - I thought it showed 2-1 like it was supposed to, and that's why it felt strange when they cancelled the bets (also because it was such a big game where I don't expect a mistake like this to happen), so I was just curious if other bettors of this game experienced the same. I wasn't trying to scam at all, i just don't want to be scammed by pinnacle, and I don't have the experience with bookies (or pinnacle, for that matter), that the users of this forum surely have, so I thought I could ask. I really don't understand the negative answers to my post. Clearly my English wasn't good enough to explain my situation good enough - I'm sorry! You probably have to deal with a lot of bullshit in this forum, if you thought I come here complaining about a scam that wasn't successful.
    Don't worry dercatenaccio. I understood from the start.

But as I said to start with, the losing bettors would have complained and "rightfully" claimed the market should be void.

And some would have bet it fully knowing they had that option.

It sucks big time for you. But it's just how it has to be.

Optional

For those saying he was taking a shot at a bad line. Look at the way the odds moved after each of his max bets. Money was coming on the other side.
    Points Awarded:

dercatenaccio gave Optional 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

You knew that the info on the screen was wrong. Most two-year-olds know their numbers very well. "2" is not "0".

The only thing Pinnacle ever did wrong was block my USA ass until further notice. #UIGEA
    Last edited by MadTiger; 05-30-18 at 12:35 PM.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    For those saying he was taking a shot at a bad line. Look at the way the odds moved after each of his max bets. Money was coming on the other side.
    I disagree, unless i'm reading this totally the wrong way. If the calculations were based on Madrid already being ahead then the odds on Madrid would be shrinking by the second as Liverpool ran out of time trying to score an equalising goal. They certainly wouldn't be increasing. With the game supposedly tied the bet would be Madrid to score in the time remaining, and as each second passed the odds would be getting greater. No amount of money would outweigh this time principle. The line moving the wrong way clearly indicates the line being based on incorrect data. If the line was correct it implies Liverpool were only about +135 to score in the last 9 minutes plus injury time. That's incredibly short for an underdog team that before kickoff was somewhere around -115 to score Under 1.5 goals. No-one was legitimately taking +135 about a likely +375 proposition.

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    I disagree, unless i'm reading this totally the wrong way. If the calculations were based on Madrid already being ahead then the odds on Madrid would be shrinking by the second as Liverpool ran out of time trying to score an equalising goal. They certainly wouldn't be increasing. With the game supposedly tied the bet would be Madrid to score in the time remaining, and as each second passed the odds would be getting greater. No amount of money would outweigh this time principle. The line moving the wrong way clearly indicates the line being based on incorrect data. If the line was correct it implies Liverpool were only about +135 to score in the last 9 minutes plus injury time. That's incredibly short for an underdog team that before kickoff was somewhere around -115 to score Under 1.5 goals. No-one was legitimately taking +135 about a likely +375 proposition.
    Asian Handicap doesn't consider the scoreline, it always assumes a virtual 0-0 which means you are betting on the rest of the match.

He placed his bets on Real +0 1.6x in 80' @2-1, 3 minutes later Real scored 3-1 and that was full time result. He won his bet. If it was 2-1 ft, bet would have been voided. If Real would not have scored but Liverpool scored at least once, he would have lost his bet.

The reason why his bets got voided were that Pinnacle apparently displayed a wrong scoreline for a short period of time. The line was alright though.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave lonnie55 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dercatenaccio gave lonnie55 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Asian Handicap doesn't consider the scoreline, it always assumes a virtual 0-0 which means you are betting on the rest of the match.

He placed his bets on Real +0 1.6x in 80' @2-1, 3 minutes later Real scored 3-1 and that was full time result. He won his bet. If it was 2-1 ft, bet would have been voided. If Real would not have scored but Liverpool scored at least once, he would have lost his bet.

The reason why his bets got voided were that Pinnacle apparently displayed a wrong scoreline for a short period of time. The line was alright though.
    Thank you for the explanation. I was clearly reading it wrong. It's a 'win from this situation' bet that voids if neither side wins from that situation. Learn something every day.

I couldn't figure what the line related to. It clearly wasn't Madrid to win from a lead. It clearly wasn't Madrid to score in the last 9 minutes plus injury time.

4nic8ing

moojoo

I must say sorry to Op,i didnt read well,didnt see it Ah. Was thinking he bet ft Real. Hmm now that change situation. It 50/50 now.
    I would suggest you to file a complaint wizh Sbr,they could help you.

P.s i must apologise one more to Op.

4nic8ing

I admit I don't bet Live soccer and so if the explanation above is true where the Live is based on that point forward only I apologize to the OP.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2242

its upto you to know the score and most books state their scores shouldnt be solely relied on

so the book should discard the score error and pay out at correct odds, the odds seem a bit off but im not sure.

if losing bettors complain that the score was wrong, then pinnacle should enforce the rule that their scores wont always be right all the time and its the players responsibility.

cant see how the op doesnt win something here.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16950

lol at ppl calling it cheating/scamming to bet a bad line. a bookmakers whole job is to put up +ev lines. if they cant do that then they deserve to lose money. the whole point of betting is to find lines that you think are wrong. regular ppl dont get money back when they lose money from misclicks or not waking up on time.

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52069

I also read it as a 1x2 bet and not as a pk bet. My apologies to the op.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Re: You have received a warning at Sports Betting & Sportsbook Forum by SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Optional I can assure you this isn't true at all.

In live betting on pinnacle, the line will change every couple seconds, and reset even after max bets. The line was moving as if the scoreline was 2-1 and moved as it should.

I think OP knew what he was doing here. The real value of getting pk with the fave up 2-1 in the 80th minute was probably in the -5000 range. This shouldn't even be a debate.
    Last edited by rangerz2478; 05-31-18 at 02:42 PM.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    its upto you to know the score and most books state their scores shouldnt be solely relied on

so the book should discard the score error and pay out at correct odds, the odds seem a bit off but im not sure.

if losing bettors complain that the score was wrong, then pinnacle should enforce the rule that their scores wont always be right all the time and its the players responsibility.

cant see how the op doesnt win something here.
    He got a -5000 for -150.

That's a tad more than a bit off.

rangerz2478

I don't bet soccer often on euro sites but I do bet ice hockey. And on a posted scoreline, (0-0) it would mean pk for the entire game. If the score was correct, he would've had -1 for the game. (the correct line)

If I am wrong, I apologize to OP. But I am pretty sure if the scoreline is off, the bet moves from the -1 it should've been, to a pk for the game. This is a gigantically massive difference.

rangerz2478

Right now I am looking at live soccer on pinnacle. The scoreline is 1-0, and the -0.5 is -1000 for the fave. The 0.0 line is -190 which means -1, and score FROM 1-0.

This is what OP bet. It was supposed to be -1 and he got it at pk due to the wrong score posted. As mentioned I don't bet soccer often but I am sure the true value of a pk line for Real at that point was a massive massive price.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post

No, it would have taken Liverpool scoring TWICE in the last 10 minutes for his bet to lose.

I'm staring at the live betting lines on soccer right now. The 3 way lines do not take into account the current score. The pk lines DO take into account the current score that is listed.
    His bets say say @ 0-0 so this is pk for the entire game.

I usually side with the player when there is a debate on what the line was supposed to be. But this seems pretty clear cut. If I am wrong, then I apologize to OP. But will wait to see what pinnacle says.
    Last edited by rangerz2478; 05-31-18 at 03:07 PM.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2242

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    No, it would have taken Liverpool scoring TWICE in the last 10 minutes for his bet to lose.

I'm staring at the live betting lines on soccer right now. The 3 way lines do not take into account the current score. The pk lines DO take into account the current score that is listed.
    His bets say say @ 0-0 so this is pk for the entire game.

I usually side with the player when there is a debate on what the line was supposed to be. But this seems pretty clear cut. If I am wrong, then I apologize to OP. But will wait to see what pinnacle says.
    The line is asian handicap.

It says 0.0 with the score also (wrongly) at 0-0

asian handicap 0.0 is draw no bet for the rest of the game.... so draw the last 10 - money back... liverpool win he loses, real wins he wins.

no way he should stand here.

123 Last