DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Bookmaker is light years better than 5dimes with BTC withdrawals

I requested BTC wd at Bookmaker at 8:30am
    -deducted immediately
    -paid by 11am

5dimes doesnt deduct immediately and Id still be waiting 2 more days to receive the initial email verification...and then 2 more days after that to get paid

BookMaker

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13767

Agreed. Bookmaker as good as it gets. Imagine if they had reduced juice?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Agree I like BM's payouts better. I just wish they had 5D's lines/ reduced juice.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Oh man, this would be a dream. I have started to like bookmaker more and more, even though they cut bonuses and loyalty program for me.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who has more customers??

Could that make it slower?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    yea imagine, instead they have inflated juice

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

as long as 5 dimes still pays

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

Great discussion. That's the trade off.

There is no disputing 5 Dimes has the best and most options for wagering and some of the best competitive juice prices.

There is no dispute that compared to other 3 US facing major books---Heritage, Bookmaker and BetOnline---that 5 Dimes has the most archaic web site (assuming BetOnline's is working) and, being discussed here, BTC withdrawal method and time frame.

I know it's not that simple saying which would you rather have. Some bettors are less likely to be limited at Bookmaker than 5 Dimes...one example of many.

And some think because of the 2 day wait time vs. 2 hour wait time, there is some risk with their money or lack of ability of 5 Dimes to pay. I haven't seen any no pay threads here with that subject.

So I'll ask anyway, which would you rather have, a 2 day wait with a hassle to many with security or whatever it is at 5 Dimes or same day pay? There's probably no right answer.

I'm interested to see the next SBR posters poll to see if 5 Dimes gets dethroned or holds it's spot.
    Last edited by Microphone; 05-01-18 at 09:02 AM.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    Great discussion. That's the trade off.

There is no disputing 5 Dimes has the best and most options for wagering and some of the best competitive juice prices.

There is no dispute that compared to other 3 US facing major books---Heritage, Bookmaker and BetOnline---that 5 Dimes has the most archaic web site (assuming BetOnline's is working) and, being discussed here, BTC withdrawal method and time frame.

I know it's not that simple saying which would you rather have. Some bettors are less likely to be limited at Bookmaker than 5 Dimes...one example of many.

And some think because of the 2 day wait time vs. 2 hour wait time, there is some risk with their money or lack of ability of 5 Dimes to pay. I haven't seen any no pay threads here with that subject.

So I'll ask anyway, which would you rather have, a 2 day wait with a hassle to many with security or whatever it is at 5 Dimes or same day pay? There's probably no right answer.

I'm interested to see the next SBR posters poll to see if 5 Dimes gets dethroned or holds it's spot.
    So Bookmaker wins one category out of 10? Easy math here members.

DroopyDog

Well the pros will choose reduced juice, but recreational guys like me would rather have smooth fast payouts. 5dimes is maddening in this area... and when you realize its intentional it really pisses you off.

There is 0 plausible excuse for a bitcoin payout to take 4 days. If they wanna blame it on their processor, do it in house, or find a better processor because big books like bookmaker and heritage dont have that issue

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13978

if you need/want your money as fast as possible and that is the priority then bookmaker is for you. if that is not the most important thing to you then 5dimes is way better. never liked bookmaker had a problem with management many years ago. book to book is free except at bookmaker. they will charge hundreds to do a book to book. it cost them nothing. bookmaker sucks. the best book I love to say they suck. just saying it still makes me happy. bookmaker sucks.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    if you need/want your money as fast as possible and that is the priority then bookmaker is for you. if that is not the most important thing to you then 5dimes is way better. never liked bookmaker had a problem with management many years ago. book to book is free except at bookmaker. they will charge hundreds to do a book to book. it cost them nothing. bookmaker sucks. the best book I love to say they suck. just saying it still makes me happy. bookmaker sucks.
    I just might agree with you, especially with management? Etiquette warnings from SBR are needed.
    I had one C-rated Book state, they would have given me a break had I not posted a complaint about them on SBR.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post

I just might agree with you, especially with management? Etiquette warnings from SBR are needed.
    I had one C-rated Book state, they would have given me a break had I not posted a complaint about them on SBR.
    Name and shame them Abe.

jbayko
    jbayko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1259

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who has more customers??

Could that make it slower?
    If you have more customers, then in theory you have higher profits and correspondingly higher operational costs to support those customers. If you have longer delays in customer support functions, then you haven't scaled up appropriately.

So if the excuse is that 5Dimes takes longer because they have higher volume, that's still on them - they have made a choice to decrease costs at the expense of customer satisfaction.

However, I don't believe this is the reason why. If their staff couldn't keep up with the volume, then what we'd see is wait times growing longer and longer as the backlog builds up over time until eventually none of us would be receiving payouts That's not happening, so the delay we all experience is inherent in their process. My guess is it's what others here have suspected - they are purposely adding a delay in hopes that X% of payouts never take place because the customer has wagered some of the balance in the meantime. It's even happened to me before, and I consider myself to have great self discipline when it comes to betting.
    Last edited by jbayko; 05-01-18 at 03:27 PM.

jbayko

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    ...There is no dispute that compared to other 3 US facing major books---Heritage, Bookmaker and BetOnline---that 5 Dimes has the most archaic web site (assuming BetOnline's is working)...
    5Dimes gets a lot of crap for it's old website, but I actually like it. What is it that people really need here? Sports betting is not complicated. Pick a category, pick your bets, and submit. Sometimes simple and stable is the best solution. Heritage and Bovada have flashy websites, but they're also full of annoying bugs.

There are a couple of things I wish 5Dimes had, such as the ability to set the Risk OR Win amount, but I've learned to live without it just fine. Their selection and odds are worth those minor extremely inconveniences.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Oh man, this would be a dream. I have started to like bookmaker more and more, even though they cut bonuses and loyalty program for me.
    They cut everything, but still a solid book.

The cost to play is way to high, I can call in bets to Nevada for that price.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Name and shame them Abe.
    That, I had to give that up. It's hard enough to win without personal changes on lines, meant directly for you.
    It's true about the C-Book. But, would they have really helped me with mountainous rollover?
    I have serious doubts.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by jbayko View Post
    I wish 5Dimes had, such as the ability to set the Risk OR Win amount
    If you use the "Straight & RIF" menu you can select risk or win.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3020

Circle selection vs square selection, LOL!

jbayko

True, but I'm usually doing multiple wagers at a time so that's more of a hassle. But thanks for the reminder

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Bookmaker second to none

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Only knock with Bookmaker... when getting a PO with BTC... you always lose around $5.00 extra in BTC conversion somewhere in the equation. I don't get it???

5Dimes... you never lose $5.00
    Heritage you never lose $5.00

That's one thing that pisses me off about Bookmaker... and they act like they don't know what's going on???? Secret service charge somewhere.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    They cut everything, but still a solid book.

The cost to play is way to high, I can call in bets to Nevada for that price.
    Yes and No. Started betting international baseball, Bookmaker -110, Heritage Betonline -115.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Only knock with Bookmaker... when getting a PO with BTC... you always lose around $5.00 extra in BTC conversion somewhere in the equation. I don't get it???

That's one thing that pisses me off about Bookmaker... and they act like they don't know what's going on???? Secret service charge somewhere.
    They have small processor fee, something under 1% they said last time they commented about it.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    This still baffles me. If you need your money "as fast as possible" why do you have it offshore???? If 48 hours vs 4-6 hours makes a difference in your financial life you have problems.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

They have small processor fee, something under 1% they said last time they commented about it.
    I must of missed that post/thread. Glad they came forward and explained it.

GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3991

I would expect that the bigger books would have experts helping them with handling crypto. 5dimes and BM likely have a strong understanding of the direction of the price of crypto and when 5 dimes takes 4+ days to send you Bitcoin payout it gives them a chance to sell/payout at a more opportune time.
    I think Bookmaker also does this, but within much smaller timeframe so you are less likely to lose your shirt on volatility.
    The industry should demand that A+ books payout well within 24 hours.

DroopyDog

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Depends on your wallet and what exchange price your wallet is using. I use blockchain wallet and Bookmaker has never shorted me based on the price blockchain uses

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Bookmaker is great for transfers in and out but their variety of lines and options nullify that edge. Teasers are weak and no reduced juice.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Yes and No. Started betting international baseball, Bookmaker -110, Heritage Betonline -115.
    Good point.

Jared Brooks
    Jared Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 545

Bookmaker is superior to 5Dimes in terms of:

payouts with cryptocurrency
    interface
    customer service
    limits

Because of the higher limits, Bookmaker is superior for the big boys.

ibetyouadollar
    ibetyouadollar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2442

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    I requested BTC wd at Bookmaker at 8:30am you are 1000% right.
    -deducted immediately
    -paid by 11am

5dimes doesnt deduct immediately and Id still be waiting 2 more days to receive the initial email verification...and then 2 more days after that to get paid

BookMaker
    you are 1000% right

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Mentioned this on the May payout page, but even BetOnline's generic sites have a better withdrawal process than 5D. Did a hit and run bet tonight on Cavs' spread on LowVig and submitted the withdrawal shortly after the game. To authenticate that it was me actually withdrawing, they gave me the option of receiving an automated phone call or an email to the number/address on record with a code I had to enter (along the lines of BookMaker). Did the email and in less than 6 hours, I was paid.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

5d doesn't seem to care enough to step up theur game

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I hope Bookmaker brings back wires and debit card soon.

12 Last