Pomfield
    Pomfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

What are my chances? Issue with bookie.

Hi,

Gonna try to summarize this quickly. I don't wanna mention which company it's regarding since the case is still "under review".

I've worked for a couple of bookies (some years back). I'm not a big gambler, but still do it occasionally.

I logged onto one of my old employees (2+years since I quit) and placed a bet since they had a decent bonus.
    The account I logged onto was created before I began working for the company.
    When I was working for the company it was noted down in the notes as "Testing Acc - Employee", or something along those lines.

Now, 2 years later (I've placed a few bets since I quit there, but just lost).
    Anyway. I placed a bet, initial deposit of 20 quid, bonus of 60 quid. It won me 1200 quid.
    Wagering requirement were stupid high, but managed to have around 1250 quid when done.
    Requested my withdrawal. They stalled, stalled even more.
    Then I got informed that it's been denied since the account is a "Testing account".
    "This case will have to be reviwed by the team leaders in customer service and payments"

What are my chances? I can't really see how I've done much wrong.
    They didn't have any issues accepting my money when I lost (as per usual with bookies)
    It's not like I've been testing if it's still possible to lose money on their site.

Stresses me out

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

just seem fishy the story...I'd say No as it is a "Test Account" ...easily could of just sent them a email prior to depositing and ask them if you where eligible to play and or use that account and have documentation if OK...Strange

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

Quote Originally Posted by Pomfield View Post
    Hi,

Gonna try to summarize this quickly. I don't wanna mention which company it's regarding since the case is still "under review".

I've worked for a couple of bookies (some years back). I'm not a big gambler, but still do it occasionally.

I logged onto one of my old employees (2+years since I quit) and placed a bet since they had a decent bonus.
    When I was working for the company it was noted down in the notes as "Testing Acc - Employee", or something along those lines.

Anyway. I placed a bet, initial deposit of 20 quid, bonus of 60 quid. It won me 1200 quid.
    Wagering requirement were stupid high, but managed to have around 1250 quid when done.
    Then I got informed that it's been denied since the account is a "Testing account".
    "This case will have to be reviwed by the team leaders in customer service and payments"

They didn't have any issues accepting my money when I lost (as per usual with bookies)
    It's not like I've been testing if it's still possible to lose money on their site.

Stresses me out
    English please

Pomfield

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    just seem fishy the story...I'd say No as it is a "Test Account" ...easily could of just sent them a email prior to depositing and ask them if you where eligible to play and or use that account and have documentation if OK...Strange
    The only thing really that marks it as a test account is a note. The account isn't set up in any other way than a normal account.
    Account is already verified.
    Sure, could've sent them an email, but haven't had any previous issues when using the site and didn't think much of it since I've gambled there occasionly during the last 2-3 years.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

The only thing really that marks it as a test account is a note. The account isn't set up in any other way than a normal account.
    Account is already verified.
    Sure, could've sent them an email, but haven't had any previous issues when using the site and didn't think much of it since I've gambled there occasionly during the last 2-3 years.
    yea you should of asked just in case you hit it good so avoid any questions.....the "test account" note is probably your biggest hurdle...also look and see what there T&C's say about employees using site....some may say "past or current" not eligible...Keep us updated

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Hi,

Stresses me out
    I think it depends a lot on the book.

If you think that they are an ethical organization I think you can expect to be paid based on what you have described.

As an ex-employee you can probably see why they want to review the account. If what you say is the whole story it does not sound like they have justification to hold your money.

Pomfield

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think it depends a lot on the book.

If you think that they are an ethical organization I think you can expect to be paid based on what you have described.

As an ex-employee you can probably see why they want to review the account. If what you say is the whole story it does not sound like they have justification to hold your money.
    Yeah, I've got nothing against the company, which is one of the reasons to why I don't feel like mentioning which bookie it is.
    I've still got plenty of friends there, also some of the bosses as social media contacts (can't say we talk tho). They'd know me however.

Absolutely, fully understand that they need to check it. Just a bit worked up over it, a lot of money for me (got back to university after working with different bookies).

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

From what I've read on these forums and other forums, very little verification is done before it's actually time to process a withdrawal. You haven't done much wrong, but the bookies will feel they are doing you a favor even if everything is on the up and up.

You worked for various shops you say. So tell me this, how much of total employee force/payroll is spent on linemakers, and what percentage is administration, KYC and all sorts of 'security' positions designed to screen out potentially undesirable customers? Don't they have their quotas to fullfill, week in and week out?

I don't like your chances to be honest, simply because it's a your word against their word. And in their mind, that money is theirs unless proven otherwise, a sort of twisted presumption of guilt.

Pomfield

Good news!
    They've decided to pay me out
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Pomfield 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Good to hear Pomfield. Who was it?

Pomfield

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Good to hear Pomfield. Who was it?
    Yepp! Relieved....
    Mobilebet.com