senomaster
    senomaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Betfair ask twice a year for "source of funds"

Hey there,
    I know, the UK Gambling Regulation is hard and they have to follow there rules, but come on...it is annoying to go throw this KYC procedure again and again.

Someone have the same experience with BF or maybe any other Bookie/Exchange Site?
    Since now, i didnīt use other exchange sites alot, like matchbook, smarkets ect. just few betīs.
    Are they also so strict, how are your experience with them? Matchbook Market looks nice for Pre-Play.
    Last edited by senomaster; 04-11-18 at 06:03 AM.

leovegas
    leovegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

source of funds? do they want to see your payslips or 20 pages of current bank account statement? have you deposited thousands/tens of thousands usd/euro into your account?

senomaster
    senomaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

As an arber, you are losing on one site and this is BF. So they want to see my winning Bets.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

arbing a waste of time and a hassle

pass

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

This "source of funds" shite is getting out of hand. Its none of their business and I really resent having to show them my bank account statement or winning bets at another book etc

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Neteller ask for source of income too. I stop using those fukks.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by senomaster View Post
    Hey there,
    I know, the UK Gambling Regulation is hard and they have to follow there rules, but come on...it is annoying to go throw this KYC procedure again and again.

Someone have the same experience with BF or maybe any other Bookie/Exchange Site?
    Since now, i didnīt use other exchange sites alot, like matchbook, smarkets ect. just few betīs.
    Are they also so strict, how are your experience with them? Matchbook Market looks nice for Pre-Play.
    I think anyone with a UKGC license is a little bit scared of what can happen if they dont follow those rules.

But I have only heard of Smarkets asking for this type of info once and have not at Matchbook.

Betfair asking more than once would concern me in your position too. There must be something about your volume/activity that is setting off the flags there.

SBE
    SBE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3888

Quote Originally Posted by senomaster View Post
    Hey there,

I went thru the KYC process there earlier this year, in February. Later on, about 2 weeks ago from now, I have received an email (similar as you) and contacted my account manager at BF. He replied (after my second email, finally) this: "I was informed yesterday that this is pending official sign off. I've chased for an update.". The english language is not my "strong side", could you explain (describe) his words, please ?
    I hope the previous KYC was OK, but maybe (in some error) they are asking it again...Thanks.

"sig off"..do they mean they are preparing to block ("switch off") my account, or ???

My posts here are all reviewed first (as I am a very dangerous person :-) ), so hopefully somebody of the staff will display it soon, I am writing this at 21:00 UK time, Thursday evening.

SBE
    SBE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3888

An update: i have received a phone call Friday afternoon (Friday, the 13th) and some manager (not that one, who is with my account 6 -7 last years already, but another person), telling me, that the "sign off" process is really "on" and I have time only till April 26 to provide them some documents, otherwise they will close my account. I told him I provided all that everything to my personal manager(earlier, in February this year), and he promised he wil contact him and let me know. Very strange...It seems like "the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing" (sorry for my english, maybe not just correct translation, but it is such saying, in my native language).
    I'll keep this updated once I have something new (hopefully next week).