Thought I would share my experience from last year. Registered after reading all the glowing reviews and hit the first hurdle by having to do some kind of phone interview to get the account opened. I deposited twice (a few hundred each) and upon my third deposit the **** method disappeared saying I needed to verify card. I sent the card copy etc via email and was told I couldnt email it to them and to do it via the site. Couldnt find a way to upload via the mobile site so we went back and forth a few times with me offering to fax, whatever. I eventually told them that this is becoming a giant cluster, that they had all the info that they wanted. Mentioned that I have played with BKR and Dimes for 6+ years and nothing like this had ever happened (same card as well).

They reacted by closing my account and told me not to worry about it anymore. Decided to email them last month to ask if I just got a pissed off rep and they told me my account was closed and I need to play elsewhere and they have no record of me playing there at this point. I then told them my card statement begs to differ and in that case if they wouldnt mind shipping it back since it never happened. They told me to charge it back myself and not to contact them again.

What a bunch of primadonnas. Never had anything like this happen anywhere before.

Obv not going to charge back. Likely to have same processor as other books I play with.

C - at best.