mbv747
    mbv747's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Live bet not broadcasted in TV

Hello,

I'm wondering how bookmakers are able to purpose a large choice of LIVE bets!!!

Sometimes, i see simultaneously more than 100 IN-LIVE football game, i believe that it requires huge resources ( Traders) ..... but my real curiosity is how bookmakers are able to organize a live bet for a football match from onsecond division on Senegal or Maldives , it's even not broadcaster in tv !!!!

Thank you for clarification

Cheers

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

They use 3rd party odds providers except for bovada which places adds on Craigslist for peeps to watch games and report in real time

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

A couple of third party companies provide live 'incident feed' services. Basically someone at the match with an iPad clicking buttons as each shot happens.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    A couple of third party companies provide live 'incident feed' services. Basically someone at the match with an iPad clicking buttons as each shot happens.
    Yes this is exactly how it works. I have worked for several of these companies in the past.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

That's why there are so-called "ghost games" from time to time

http://www.sportsintegrityinitiative...me-phenomenon/
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave lonnie55 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

littlekona

it is amazing...I use flashscore for soccer and its unreal how fast I get notification on goals from odds ball games to like Iran or other small leagues...its impressive technology

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post

Great article ����

mbv747
    mbv747's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by jayc88 View Post
    Yes this is exactly how it works. I have worked for several of these companies in the past.
    Could you please provide me the name of some of those companies? thx

lonnie55

Running Ball is a very popular provider in the EU

AFAIK they pay 50 EUR to the spotter per match. Travel costs and entrance fees are not covered by the company.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Quote Originally Posted by mbv747 View Post
    Could you please provide me the name of some of those companies? thx
    Depends from which country you are from, not all companies operate world wide

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Betradar best company.

Optional

Running Ball is a very popular provider in the EU

AFAIK they pay 50 EUR to the spotter per match. Travel costs and entrance fees are not covered by the company.
    It's no wonder they get unreliable people paying such low rates.

littlekona

It's no wonder they get unreliable people paying such low rates.
    Optional....do race books use humans or computers for in play LIVE in the horse races like betfair....it amazes me how they change the odds so fast in a 2 min horse race

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post

Optional....do race books use humans or computers for in play LIVE in the horse races like betfair....it amazes me how they change the odds so fast in a 2 min horse race
    Betfair does not monitor anything or use incident feeds. The in-play prices there move on the weight of money alone.

I can only assume it would be the same at Bet365 and others but not really sure.

Betfair run an AWESOME course about in-play horse betting here in Australia, and I assume other countries too. If you ever get the chance don't miss out on it. Will blow you away to watch an expert doing it live whilst watching a bunch of ratings for where horses/jockeys should be running at certain points in the race and laying and betting like touch typing to get a green out. Was way too frantic for my personal tastes but one of the most interesting days about gambling ever had.

littlekona

Betfair does not monitor anything or use incident feeds. The in-play prices there move on the weight of money alone.

I can only assume it would be the same at Bet365 and others but not really sure.

Betfair run an AWESOME course about in-play horse betting here in Australia, and I assume other countries too. If you ever get the chance don't miss out on it. Will blow you away to watch an expert doing it live whilst watching a bunch of ratings for where horses/jockeys should be running at certain points in the race and laying and betting like touch typing to get a green out. Was way too frantic for my personal tastes but one of the most interesting days about gambling ever had.
    its is so good...question i just saw a race i bet lay on a horse was confirmed and now canceled bet after race odds seem right what you think I should do its 9wickets through AC??

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Only for soccer right and maybe tennis?

Optional

its is so good...question i just saw a race i bet lay on a horse was confirmed and now canceled bet after race odds seem right what you think I should do its 9wickets through AC??
    AC policy is that you just have to accept the books grading usually. One downside of agents in general. And in this case they would have to ask 9wickets who would have to ask Betfair. Just wont happen usually.

But it can't hurt to ask if they know the reason.

Keep an eye out for it though. As have been thinking any cancels like that wont come from 9wickets themselves. It would change things a little bit if they could.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Only for soccer right and maybe tennis?
    I don't know for sure how its done for all sports but cricket would be another big one as even when televised they cant rely on the broadcaster to catch all the prop outcomes.

Lower league basketball would all have to have them too.

Probably most sports offered live rely on them.

littlekona

AC policy is that you just have to accept the books grading usually. One downside of agents in general. And in this case they would have to ask 9wickets who would have to ask Betfair. Just wont happen usually.

But it can't hurt to ask if they know the reason.

Yea i stalked 25 on a 3-1 Lay and it took 75 out and then after race i checked balance and just stake was refunded no scrtach or anything ....I have had a few that 9wickets(betfair) regraded after the race due to a disqualification but never a cancel....Ok ty I will email AC and ask..

Keep an eye out for it though. As have been thinking any cancels like that wont come from 9wickets themselves. It would change things a little bit if they could.
    Yea i stalked 25 on a 3-1 Lay and it took 75 out and then after race i checked balance and just stake was refunded no scrtach or anything ....I have had a few that 9wickets(betfair) regraded after the race due to a disqualification but never a cancel....Ok ty I will email AC and ask..

littlekona

they contacted guess the bet did not match at my asking price until the race went live so it was a cancel...

Optional

they contacted guess the bet did not match at my asking price until the race went live so it was a cancel...
    Oh you wally

jtoler

I don't know for sure how its done for all sports but cricket would be another big one as even when televised they cant rely on the broadcaster to catch all the prop outcomes.

Lower league basketball would all have to have them too.

Probably most sports offered live rely on them.
    Oh ok, wonder how they go about finding someone in each of those cities and for every games? Or maybe these people are employed to do just that, still seems like a lot of teams and games. 50 bucks a game just doesnt seem like enough.

jtoler

Seems that would be hard to do I mean what if someone wanted to attend the game that doesnt even take place.

Optional

Seems that would be hard to do I mean what if someone wanted to attend the game that doesnt even take place.
    That's why the article can only quote 2 instances both years ago. And one unproven.

The stuff about on site reporters delaying reporting goals is probably rife tough. Sounds too easy.

But I guess the companies know it and want to protect their business so probably send more than one person or stuff like that when they can.

lonnie55

I'd say in most of the cases the truth comes out anyway. It's just a question of when.

Meanwhile sports data providers should have installed security measures like spotter has to take a picture of the ongoing match and upload the team-sheets or something like that.

The problem could be easily resolved when bookies would not offer friendly matches any longer. There is no chance to fake an official league game which is organised by a sports association. All those ghost games are friendly matches. In the summer or winter break on some days hundreds of those matches take place, and we are talking about soccer only.

In my view this problem is home made.

littlekona

Oh you wally
    Yea...then even worse I tried to lay the fav while driving and and hit the wrong horse and sure enough he wins...damn one click bet....the 9wickets Mobil app is slick though i love

Sorah
    Sorah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

it is amazing...I use flashscore for soccer and its unreal how fast I get notification on goals from odds ball games to like Iran or other small leagues...its impressive technology
    I just saw this post, and I'm surprised that you think of Iran as a small country that there is few information about it's live events. 90% pro league and division-1 games are broadcasted on TV and Iran has one of the best leagues in Asia.
    I saw my country's name and I couldn't ignore it
    I bet on volleyball myself and the best league in the world is "serie A1" in Italy, but each week only 2 or 3 match (out of 7 match) has broadcast. but in Iran volleyball super league 4 or 5 matches (out of 6 match) is broadcasted.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Sorah View Post
    I just saw this post, and I'm surprised that you think of Iran as a small country that there is few information about it's live events. 90% pro league and division-1 games are broadcasted on TV and Iran has one of the best leagues in Asia.
    I saw my country's name and I couldn't ignore it
    I bet on volleyball myself and the best league in the world is "serie A1" in Italy, but each week only 2 or 3 match (out of 7 match) has broadcast. but in Iran volleyball super league 4 or 5 matches (out of 6 match) is broadcasted.
    No disrespect as I bet Iran they are one of my a.m. tilt leagues....I have made money betting under and against Meshki Pooshan. they are horrible Just amazes me that small leagues in countries get such good instant live scores....amazing!

Sorah

No disrespect as I bet Iran they are one of my a.m. tilt leagues....I have made money betting under and against Meshki Pooshan. they are horrible Just amazes me that small leagues in countries get such good instant live scores....amazing!
    Meshkipooshan ) so if you bet in Iran league I can give you some information about this week. 6 main and very important players of "Padideh" are missing in their match because of some problems they had with their club.
    maybe it helps you, I don't bet in football but I follow every news

littlekona

I dont do much study just look at table and teams in regulation spots and bet against them....i use flash score to see scores....thats cool u are on here from iran...do they restrict interent? How do u like it there

Sorah

I dont do much study just look at table and teams in regulation spots and bet against them....i use flash score to see scores....thats cool u are on here from iran...do they restrict interent? How do u like it there
    the image you have from Iran is not too real, betting is illegal in Iran and access to all sites about betting is denied, but everyone has vpn and so there is no restriction.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Sorah View Post
    the image you have from Iran is not too real, betting is illegal in Iran and access to all sites about betting is denied, but everyone has vpn and so there is no restriction.
    Cool....my imagination of Iran is cool coutry with messed up supreme leadership.....hopefully you will be able to experience one day what we in USA take for granted....

Optional

Cool....my imagination of Iran is cool coutry with messed up supreme leadership.....hopefully you will be able to experience one day what we in USA take for granted....
    I have a handful of Iranian friends here, who all seem to call themselves Persian instead of Iranian. But in general they are rich, well educated people who are very interested in fashion and expensive brand names.

They make Tehran sound kind of like Paris.

Sorah

thanks for your nice wish, this will happen in future

Sorah

I have a handful of Iranian friends here, who all seem to call themselves Persian instead of Iranian. But in general they are rich, well educated people who are very interested in fashion and expensive brand names.

They make Tehran sound kind of like Paris.
    yes, that's true. Iranian people care too much about expensive brands even when they are not rich