Pedro
    Pedro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2125

Any of the crypto-currencies less volatile than others?

Hello There,

I am getting pretty tired of watching my funds freshly withdrawn from a bookie jumping around in price while awaiting conversion back to dollars, so I was wondering if any of the main crypto-currencies is more stable than the others and does not jump around as much in price?

For example, I tried Litecoin again, today and by the time I checked my wallet balance, 2 hours after the original transfer was made, it already lost 8% of its value. Now, I know someone might argue that sometimes I will end up on the 'winning side' of the movement (which has indeed happened in the past), but I would like to minimise these fluctuations if possible.

So, are BitcoinCash or Ether typically more stable, or pretty much all crypto-currencies are super volatile now?

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Pedro

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/23/2005

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1083

I think BTC/LTC/BCH/ETH all move around a fair bit.

Is there a way you can avoid the 2 hour wait between receipt and converting? That's the best way to reduce risk re fluctuations.

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Is there a way you can avoid the 2 hour wait between receipt and converting? That's the best way to reduce risk re fluctuations.
    Thanks for the response,

Yes, I can minimise that wait time though sometimes that conflicts with my 'sleep time'

I guess I just have to bite the bullet and hope I don't get on the bad side of things.

On a related note, any idea if bitcoin transfers still taking a long time, or just the ones with minimal fees?

Pedro

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Thanks for the response,

Yes, I can minimise that wait time though sometimes that conflicts with my 'sleep time'

I guess I just have to bite the bullet and hope I don't get on the bad side of things.

On a related note, any idea if bitcoin transfers still taking a long time, or just the ones with minimal fees?

Pedro
    Just going from reports here it sounds like around $15 gets it there under an hour and a low fee, like $8, might take 6 or 8 hours. But it can change day to day.

I do agree with your thinking to change still though. Bitcoin kind of sucks now for quick/easy/reliable transfers. At least if you use LTC/BCH/ETH the fees are nominal and transfers fast and reliable, so you take that part out of the risk equation.

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

Pedro

$15 doesn't sound so bad for under an hour.

I might be mistaken but were you the one who mentioned that some books convert Bitcoin to another crypto-currency before processing a a non-bitcoin cryptocurrency withdrawal request and therefore some extra processing fee is deducted? Do you know if Bookmaker might be amongst these?

Pedro

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    $15 doesn't sound so bad for under an hour.

I might be mistaken but were you the one who mentioned that some books convert Bitcoin to another crypto-currency before processing a a non-bitcoin cryptocurrency withdrawal request and therefore some extra processing fee is deducted? Do you know if Bookmaker might be amongst these?

Pedro
    Yes, Bookmaker has a conversion fee for depositing other cryptos. I believe it is due to their processor converting it all to bitcoin before crediting.

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

Pedro

Thanks.

That might make a difference. Next time, I'll try Bitcoin again and see how that goes.

Pedro

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2826

All depends on when they make the transfer. Fees have been slowly going down the past week and a half because the backlog is getting cleaned up. Right now the lowest for an hour or so wait should be around $3.70 if you or the book can customize. Obviously sending is much easier because you should have complete control and can send when demand is lower.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 01/15/2018