Pedro
    Pedro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4463

Any of the crypto-currencies less volatile than others?

Hello There,

I am getting pretty tired of watching my funds freshly withdrawn from a bookie jumping around in price while awaiting conversion back to dollars, so I was wondering if any of the main crypto-currencies is more stable than the others and does not jump around as much in price?

For example, I tried Litecoin again, today and by the time I checked my wallet balance, 2 hours after the original transfer was made, it already lost 8% of its value. Now, I know someone might argue that sometimes I will end up on the 'winning side' of the movement (which has indeed happened in the past), but I would like to minimise these fluctuations if possible.

So, are BitcoinCash or Ether typically more stable, or pretty much all crypto-currencies are super volatile now?

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Pedro

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

I think BTC/LTC/BCH/ETH all move around a fair bit.

Is there a way you can avoid the 2 hour wait between receipt and converting? That's the best way to reduce risk re fluctuations.

Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Is there a way you can avoid the 2 hour wait between receipt and converting? That's the best way to reduce risk re fluctuations.
    Thanks for the response,

Yes, I can minimise that wait time though sometimes that conflicts with my 'sleep time'

I guess I just have to bite the bullet and hope I don't get on the bad side of things.

On a related note, any idea if bitcoin transfers still taking a long time, or just the ones with minimal fees?

Pedro

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Thanks for the response,

Yes, I can minimise that wait time though sometimes that conflicts with my 'sleep time'

I guess I just have to bite the bullet and hope I don't get on the bad side of things.

On a related note, any idea if bitcoin transfers still taking a long time, or just the ones with minimal fees?

Pedro
    Just going from reports here it sounds like around $15 gets it there under an hour and a low fee, like $8, might take 6 or 8 hours. But it can change day to day.

I do agree with your thinking to change still though. Bitcoin kind of sucks now for quick/easy/reliable transfers. At least if you use LTC/BCH/ETH the fees are nominal and transfers fast and reliable, so you take that part out of the risk equation.

Pedro

$15 doesn't sound so bad for under an hour.

I might be mistaken but were you the one who mentioned that some books convert Bitcoin to another crypto-currency before processing a a non-bitcoin cryptocurrency withdrawal request and therefore some extra processing fee is deducted? Do you know if Bookmaker might be amongst these?

Pedro

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    $15 doesn't sound so bad for under an hour.

I might be mistaken but were you the one who mentioned that some books convert Bitcoin to another crypto-currency before processing a a non-bitcoin cryptocurrency withdrawal request and therefore some extra processing fee is deducted? Do you know if Bookmaker might be amongst these?

Pedro
    Yes, Bookmaker has a conversion fee for depositing other cryptos. I believe it is due to their processor converting it all to bitcoin before crediting.

Pedro

Thanks.

That might make a difference. Next time, I'll try Bitcoin again and see how that goes.

Pedro

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7934

All depends on when they make the transfer. Fees have been slowly going down the past week and a half because the backlog is getting cleaned up. Right now the lowest for an hour or so wait should be around $3.70 if you or the book can customize. Obviously sending is much easier because you should have complete control and can send when demand is lower.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

There is a crypto called Tether that is pegged to the US dollar. It is listed on bookmaker for deposits but as "temporarily unavailable."

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    There is a crypto called Tether that is pegged to the US dollar. It is listed on bookmaker for deposits but as "temporarily unavailable."
    https://tether.to/

"100% Backed"

"Every tether is always backed 1-to-1, by traditional currency held in our reserves. So 1 USD₮ is always equivalent to 1 USD."

These are the claims made by tether. I'm skeptical and don't believe them as there is no way to verify.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post

"100% Backed"

"Every tether is always backed 1-to-1, by traditional currency held in our reserves. So 1 USD₮ is always equivalent to 1 USD."

These are the claims made by tether. I'm skeptical and don't believe them as there is no way to verify.
    Yea plenty to be skeptical about especially when the handful of other pegged currencies have gone under. https://www.alt-m.org/2017/04/06/dol...hered-success/

Just threw it out there based on the original question.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Yea plenty to be skeptical about especially when the handful of other pegged currencies have gone under. https://www.alt-m.org/2017/04/06/dol...hered-success/

Just threw it out there based on the original question.
    Yeah I hear ya, navigating all the shitcoins is difficult.

"Tether had $55 million in circulation as of March 29, 2017, making it the #13 largest cryptocurrency. To keep this size in perspective, a brick-and-mortar US institution with $55 million in deposits is a tiny bank or a mid-size credit union, and Tether is currently only 1/300th the size of Bitcoin."

https://www.alt-m.org/2017/04/06/dollar-denominated-cryptocurrencies-flops-tethered-success/

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15294

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post

"100% Backed"

I don't trust Tether at all. They state that they keep $1 for every Tether in the bank. They also state that they agree to auditing but haven't done so.