1. #1
    swamijoe
    swamijoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-11
    Posts: 82
    Betpoints: 48

    5dimes Jacked up lines so you cant tease

    I hate it. I like most things about the site, and all the options they offer. But I can honestly say i HATE how they always jack up the favorite by a good 2 points or so so the tease loses so much of its value. You're forced to do like an 8 or 9 point teaser, which kills the odds, just to get what you should be getting on a regular 6 point teaser. Frustrating! and its not just playoffs, its every Sunday every week.

    Im only at dimes, but do other sites do this too, or is it just dimes?

  2. #2
    Waterstpub87
    Life-Style Arbitrage
    Waterstpub87's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-10-09
    Posts: 2,868
    Betpoints: 144

    Most sites protect against smart teasers. Overtly, like 5dimes, by changing the lines, or covertly by closing your account if you bet them too frequently

  3. #3
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 19,618
    Betpoints: 166

    Just take the other side.

  4. #4
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 66,995
    Betpoints: 5166

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Just take the other side.
    This is bad advice, other side has dead numbers that are not worth teasing. Sites that teaser protect know what they are doing, they protect against Wong and other "good" teasers.

  5. #5
    HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-11-07
    Posts: 8,666
    Betpoints: 10453

    It's just self preservation by the books. Heritage takes it to the extreme with a separate teaser category (at a highly inflated rate) for all NFL sides.

  6. #6
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 19,618
    Betpoints: 166

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    This is bad advice, other side has dead numbers that are not worth teasing. Sites that teaser protect know what they are doing, they protect against Wong and other "good" teasers.
    Well I was specifically thinking about basketball, but I bet if I went through some football scores the same would apply. He can keep teasing his favs for 8 pts and it will keep costing him money. Id rather have 8 more pts on the dog.

  7. #7
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 66,995
    Betpoints: 5166

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Well I was specifically thinking about basketball, but I bet if I went through some football scores the same would apply. He can keep teasing his favs for 8 pts and it will keep costing him money. Id rather have 8 more pts on the dog.
    Teaser protection lines only exist for football. And that is where all half-points are not created equal, i.e., the two-point difference between +7.5 and +9.5 is only marginally more valuable than the half-point difference between +3 and +3.5. yet teaser odds don't differentiate.

  8. #8
    jyney
    jyney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-16-16
    Posts: 31
    Betpoints: 128

    One trick 5dimes do is they will grade a loser a winner sometimes

  9. #9
    eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-06-13
    Posts: 3,182
    Betpoints: 48

    anyone know if 5dimes bitcoin deposits and payouts is better yet?

  10. #10
    PhoKing
    PhoKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-04-16
    Posts: 93
    Betpoints: 393

    Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    anyone know if 5dimes bitcoin deposits and payouts is better yet?
    hell to the no....

    can't see how 5dimes is still considered A+ when they can't even process bitcoin payouts faster than 48 hours... i've seen people having to wait 3 days for bitcoin payouts now...

  11. #11
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 31,126
    Betpoints: 1083

    Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    anyone know if 5dimes bitcoin deposits and payouts is better yet?
    Yeah the deposit issues were resolved pretty quickly.

    There are quite a few posts in the official payout reports thread about 5Dimes to see how withdraws are going.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  12. #12
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 275,179
    Betpoints: 1251

    all books do this

    sharps killed books for years with teasers

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  13. #13
    Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-12-08
    Posts: 545
    Betpoints: 11619

    Now that they moved the extra pt. back in the NFL these teasers are not nearly as good as before. More teams will go for 2 especially in bad weather. And they miss 5% of extra pts. This may not sound like much, but during the course of a Sunday figure out how many TDs are scored and take 1 out of 20 as a miss. Before they made close to 99% or 1 out of a 100.

  14. #14
    jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 19,618
    Betpoints: 166

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    Now that they moved the extra pt. back in the NFL these teasers are not nearly as good as before. More teams will go for 2 especially in bad weather. And they miss 5% of extra pts. This may not sound like much, but during the course of a Sunday figure out how many TDs are scored and take 1 out of 20 as a miss. Before they made close to 99% or 1 out of a 100.
    Feels like they miss even more than 5%.

Top