swamijoe
    swamijoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

5dimes Jacked up lines so you cant tease

I hate it. I like most things about the site, and all the options they offer. But I can honestly say i HATE how they always jack up the favorite by a good 2 points or so so the tease loses so much of its value. You're forced to do like an 8 or 9 point teaser, which kills the odds, just to get what you should be getting on a regular 6 point teaser. Frustrating! and its not just playoffs, its every Sunday every week.

Im only at dimes, but do other sites do this too, or is it just dimes?

Waterstpub87
    Life-Style Arbitrage
    Waterstpub87's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 144

Most sites protect against smart teasers. Overtly, like 5dimes, by changing the lines, or covertly by closing your account if you bet them too frequently

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 166

Just take the other side.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Betpoints: 5166

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Just take the other side.
    This is bad advice, other side has dead numbers that are not worth teasing. Sites that teaser protect know what they are doing, they protect against Wong and other "good" teasers.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10453

It's just self preservation by the books. Heritage takes it to the extreme with a separate teaser category (at a highly inflated rate) for all NFL sides.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    This is bad advice, other side has dead numbers that are not worth teasing. Sites that teaser protect know what they are doing, they protect against Wong and other "good" teasers.
    Well I was specifically thinking about basketball, but I bet if I went through some football scores the same would apply. He can keep teasing his favs for 8 pts and it will keep costing him money. Id rather have 8 more pts on the dog.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Betpoints: 5166

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Well I was specifically thinking about basketball, but I bet if I went through some football scores the same would apply. He can keep teasing his favs for 8 pts and it will keep costing him money. Id rather have 8 more pts on the dog.
    Teaser protection lines only exist for football. And that is where all half-points are not created equal, i.e., the two-point difference between +7.5 and +9.5 is only marginally more valuable than the half-point difference between +3 and +3.5. yet teaser odds don't differentiate.

jyney
    jyney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

One trick 5dimes do is they will grade a loser a winner sometimes

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 48

anyone know if 5dimes bitcoin deposits and payouts is better yet?

PhoKing
    PhoKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 393

Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    hell to the no....

can't see how 5dimes is still considered A+ when they can't even process bitcoin payouts faster than 48 hours... i've seen people having to wait 3 days for bitcoin payouts now...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    Yeah the deposit issues were resolved pretty quickly.

There are quite a few posts in the official payout reports thread about 5Dimes to see how withdraws are going.

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Saloon Moderator
    Betpoints: 1251

all books do this

sharps killed books for years with teasers

Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11619

Now that they moved the extra pt. back in the NFL these teasers are not nearly as good as before. More teams will go for 2 especially in bad weather. And they miss 5% of extra pts. This may not sound like much, but during the course of a Sunday figure out how many TDs are scored and take 1 out of 20 as a miss. Before they made close to 99% or 1 out of a 100.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    Now that they moved the extra pt. back in the NFL these teasers are not nearly as good as before. More teams will go for 2 especially in bad weather. And they miss 5% of extra pts. This may not sound like much, but during the course of a Sunday figure out how many TDs are scored and take 1 out of 20 as a miss. Before they made close to 99% or 1 out of a 100.
    Feels like they miss even more than 5%.