searanchdude
    searanchdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

max bet variances

Always been curious about the variance of max bets in the same book for the same sport. For example, way before the game, Bookmaker will have some NBA game max bets at 11,000 for me. For other games, they'll set the max bet between $5,000 and $6,000.

I know they will impose bet restrictions on individual players based on performance. Also, high profile sports and special games within those sports have higher bets (for example Sunday Night Football or playoffs.) But I wonder what goes into deciding which games of the same sport and seemingly same importance will have higher vs lower max bets.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I'd guess with the early lines it's mostly how much information they have on each game. Not just tangible info but who has bet what matchup already. If known sharps hit the same game early lines the book probably feels like they have more info on that game than others they have left alone early, and therefore feel better offering higher limits.

searanchdude
    searanchdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

Interesting. I wonder if the books consider me a “sharp” or “sucker”

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by searanchdude View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if the books consider me a “sharp” or “sucker”
    You'd probably know if they did.

If you play a maximum size bet and you see the book immediately adjust the price that's a clue they might think your bets mean something.

If they offer you bonuses you can be pretty sure they don't have you marked as sharp.

MikeJo
    MikeJo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Does a Miami Ohio vs Buffalo have the same limit amount as usc vs Notre Dame? Or when they talk about max wagers is it just for the high profile events?