Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Nitrogensports Deposit Delay

I still can't use the measly $400 BtP bitcoin winnings I deposited at Nitrogen last Tuesday **** 6 days ago ****. I just checked it, and it is still unconfirmed so I can't use the money. I am posting this because I didn't see any information on SBR or on Nitrogens site that even mentioned this criminal situation. DO NOT USE NITROGENSPORTS.EU !! WARNING

Best of Luck

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Dan, moved this out of payout reports thread.

Post a link to the deposit transaction and we can check whats going on.

Much more likely you have sent with an inadequate fee than Nitrogen doing anything wrong btw.

They can't affect how fast or slow a bitcoin tx is confirmed by the network.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kelly View Post
    I still can't use the measly $400 BtP bitcoin winnings I deposited at Nitrogen last Tuesday **** 6 days ago ****. I just checked it, and it is still unconfirmed so I can't use the money. I am posting this because I didn't see any information on SBR or on Nitrogens site that even mentioned this criminal situation. DO NOT USE NITROGENSPORTS.EU !! WARNING

Best of Luck
    How is this Nitrogens fault? Criminal situation is laughable and warning a joke right?....Next time send with proper fees....The last withdrawal I got from nitro was sent with 999 SAT fee they are fast to confirm paying out...the best in business I think..So send with proper fees and no worries in or out
    Last edited by littlekona; 01-08-18 at 11:56 AM.

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

How does one check what fee is 'adequate'?

How much is 999 Sat worth, is that 0.001 BTC so about 15 US$?

littlekona

look at this site its a good guide with timetables
    https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by OVAKUL View Post

Current optimum fee is 119,780 satoshis for a regular 220 byte tx. That's about US$17

But your wallet should have a function to select a "normal" or "priority" or "low" fee which will be near correct most fo the time.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by OVAKUL View Post

1 Satoshi is 0.00000001 BTC, so 999 Sat is 0.00000999BTC or roughly 0.15USD. You'd need 100x that to get to 15USD so if you want your transaction to be sent with a 15USD fee, you'd need to send 99 900 satoshis with it.

This could be overkill, but it depends on the size of the transaction. You currently need 530 SAT/byte for a very fast transaction. An average bitcoin transaction has roughly 200bytes, so if you send 99900 satoshis as a fee for a transaction it will probably be ok.

MalikHusam
    I LIKE IT
    MalikHusam's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 726

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    1 Satoshi is 0.00000001 BTC, so 999 Sat is 0.00000999BTC or roughly 0.15USD. You'd need 100x that to get to 15USD so if you want your transaction to be sent with a 15USD fee, you'd need to send 99 900 satoshis with it.

This could be overkill, but it depends on the size of the transaction. You currently need 530 SAT/byte for a very fast transaction. An average bitcoin transaction has roughly 200bytes, so if you send 99900 satoshis as a fee for a transaction it will probably be ok.
    In Bitcoin Core wallet, is this the number on the buttom of the 'Send' tab? It's showing 0.00459238 BTC/kb right now? It this where you get the 530 SAT/byte figure?

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

Comprehensive and up to date site with estimated time in blocks and minutes for the fee/transaction.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

https://blockchain.info/tx/2d7c2334a...8da3fa2725e7f9

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Dan, moved this out of payout reports thread.

Post a link to the deposit transaction and we can check whats going on.

Much more likely you have sent with an inadequate fee than Nitrogen doing anything wrong btw.

They can't affect how fast or slow a bitcoin tx is confirmed by the network.

littlekona

Your wallet re broadcasted it....I’d say it confirms in 2-3 days as fees are dropping and @91 sat it’s low but size is ok
    You can drop it into viabtc free or pay side for about $80 and that would make it confirm sooner...
    https://www.blockonomics.co/api/tx?t...8da3fa2725e7f9

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Thanks for the info

It's been a week - do you mean 2 or 3 more days, or was that a bad guess?
    You're not serious about paying $80 to transfer $400, right?

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Your wallet re broadcasted it....I’d say it confirms in 2-3 days as fees are dropping and @91 sat it’s low but size is ok
    You can drop it into viabtc free or pay side for about $80 and that would make it confirm sooner...
    Last edited by Dan Kelly; 01-08-18 at 06:15 PM.

littlekona

Thanks for the info

It's been a week - do you mean 2 or 3 more days, or was that a bad guess?
    You're not serious about paying $80 to transfer $400, right?
    I’d guess 2/3 days or more as it has been re broadcasting but many variables involved...looking at chart there are 80k + that have lower fee then yours so it will confirm but since u sent with a low fee it’s gonna take more time https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

Only way I know for sure to speed it up is https://viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ Go there register and enter the trans id and see what they charge u there’s no commitment but you will know what fee is....also I can try free side at top of hour buts is tough getting them in

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    How can you tell that the wallet has been re-broadcasting it? (want to learn)

@DanKelly your fee is low as Kona said and this is causing the delay. If your wallet is re-broadcasting it regularly it will never time out so it's very tough to estimate how long it will take but from other reports here in recent weeks, 4 to 14 days seems to be the range.

Don't pay the $80 fee but persevere with the free https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ at the top of every hour until you get in. 100 an hour are accepted but thousands of people are trying to get in. It resets exactly on the hour.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

littlekona

[QUOTE=Optional;27494862]How can you tell that the wallet has been re-broadcasting it? (want to learn)

The elapsed time clock on blockonnmics based on original send time from OP...It looks like it was just re broadcasted again like 2 hours ago too wierd!

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

Quick question.

I greatly appreciate your time and the information.

I'm not sure if I am correct in assuming that I could have done something to make this transaction go through sooner. When I transferred the bitcoin from my wallet (at bitcoinwallet.com) to nitrogen I was not asked if I wanted to add to the transaction fee, could I have done something before the transfer to speed it up?

Best of Luck

littlekona

Quick question.

I'm not sure if I am correct in assuming that I could have done something to make this transaction go through sooner. When I transferred the bitcoin from my wallet (at bitcoinwallet.com) to nitrogen I was not asked if I wanted to add to the transaction fee, could I have done something before the transfer to speed it up?

Best of Luck
    yea make sure the fees is decent if manual inputting or send with normal or priority and your fine...Do you have a balance left in your btc wallet? if yes try sending some with a crazy high fee like 900SAT and that might clear up everything child pays for parent its called

Optional

Quick question.

Best of Luck
    I haven't used that wallet but most have a setting for low, normal or priority fees which the wallet works out itself. Some wallets allow manual fee adjustment and some offer no option to change from the fee the wallet sets.

The best way is to just check the text under the graphs on the https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/ site to see what the optimum fee is right now and use that if you wallet allows you to set it. (or import your current wallet into an electrum.org wallet where you can adjust fees)

You can change the calcs from Satoshis to BTC or mBTC etc top left of the graphs, and dont forget Kilobytes are 1000 times a byte... you see it quoted as BTC/kb and Satoshis/b sometimes, just to add extra confusion.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status

My bitcoin transaction finally went through, it took 16 days. Just from my very trivial experience, I would gladly use a cryptocurrency with reasonable and quick transaction factors - I am no one to follow when it comes to cryptocurrency, but I believe bitcoin is in for a steep drop in value because of transaction costs and time =

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/stel...r&par=sharebar

Best of Luck

Optional

My bitcoin transaction finally went through, it took 16 days. Just from my very trivial experience, I would gladly use a cryptocurrency with reasonable and quick transaction factors - I am no one to follow when it comes to cryptocurrency, but I believe bitcoin is in for a steep drop in value because of transaction costs and time =

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/stel...r&par=sharebar

Best of Luck
    A "Helper App" called Lightning Network is due for release in coming months. And wallets will be upgrading to native Segwit compatibility this year too.

Both of these are supposed to return bitcoin transfers to eventually being near instant and near free.

Until then, if your book takes BitcoinCash, LiteCoin or Ether, it's a good choice to use those instead until these upgrades happen.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

magaman
    Update your status
    magaman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Just read this thread. Ridiculous amount of technical BS to try to understand BTC transactions.

When this becomes user friendly, we will see a much bigger increase in the mainstream adoption of BTC. From both users like us but more importantly RETAILERS like your local grocery, and starbucks, etc

How about a button that is labelled PRIORITY with a fee associated... and another button labelled GROUND with another price and another button labelled SLOW AS HELL with the cheap price attached.

magaman
    Update your status

I have only made a handful of BTC transactions.... but once I waited a few hours I learned quickly to pay a lil more to get an almost instant transaction

magaman
    Update your status

Think...

DOS>>>> Windows

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    A "Helper App" called Lightning Network is due for release in coming months. And wallets will be upgrading to native Segwit compatibility this year too.

Both of these are supposed to return bitcoin transfers to eventually being near instant and near free.
    Until then, if your book takes BitcoinCash, LiteCoin or Ether, it's a good choice to use those instead until these upgrades happen.
    That's good news for the average sports bettor.