NJbettor
    NJbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 386

Heritage Sports Issue

I have a real problem with Heritage. Yesterday I placed two 2nd half wagers at Heritage, for $1000 each on Burnley +1.5 goals and over the 1 in the 2nd half. BOTH AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME TICKET.

Manchester city scores two goals in the 56' and 58" minute and they send me a note stating they are only cancelling the over 1 as they have now determined it was an incorrect line and they should have put out 2 as the total. Of course they were cancelling all the possible winning wagers on the second half total. They also stated that Burley +1.5 would stand as a good wager. Of course as Man city was now covering the 1.5. I find this to be ridiculous and that they have basically stolen $1000.

If any of you have experience with this, please let me know what can be done about this. I spoke to "Bert" or "Burke" and he said he is just going by the book as they put a bad line on the total and it didn't matter if I had a correlated play.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

If you send in the bet/account details via this form SBR may be able to find out more for you. The way you describe it it does sound unfair.

NJbettor

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If you send in the bet/account details via this form SBR may be able to find out more for you. The way you describe it it does sound unfair.
    Thank you for the help. I just submitted it and I will let you know what is done about it.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5429

Obvious line error. Typical NJ guy trying to take a free shot at a book.

NJbettor

One goal scored scored in first half, so not sure its an obvious line error. Especially with heritage often shading their action based on what they "need"

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

It was def line error huge fav city down 1 at half and if I remember ou was 3.5 for match....that would be gift of year that line O1.....heritage is fair...I’d ask for a freeplay for trouble and be satisfied

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

would love to know what his "usual" wager size is on these type of plays. that would tell a lot.

BigOrange

Quote Originally Posted by NJbettor View Post
    One goal scored scored in first half, so not sure its an obvious line error. Especially with heritage often shading their action based on what they "need"
    Obvious Line Error. At those lines, they were giving you a freeroll. Either you split out or win both bets. There was no way for you to lose both bets. They aren't putting up lines to give money away. You saw it and tried to take advantage and they turned the freeroll around on you. Good on them!

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Obvious Line Error. At those lines, they were giving you a freeroll. Either you split out or win both bets. There was no way for you to lose both bets. They aren't putting up lines to give money away. You saw it and tried to take advantage and they turned the freeroll around on you. Good on them!
    good on them for being incompetent and then using that as an excuse to freeroll ppl? their job is to offer unfair odds in their favor. if they cant accomplish that then they deserve to be taken advantage of.

BigOrange

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    good on them for being incompetent and then using that as an excuse to freeroll ppl? their job is to offer unfair odds in their favor. if they cant accomplish that then they deserve to be taken advantage of.
    They weren't intentionally free rolling him. They made a mistake on the line and the player instead of informing them of the mistake, decided to try to free roll them. It's poetic justice how it turned out if you ask me.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

They weren't intentionally free rolling him. They made a mistake on the line and the player instead of informing them of the mistake, decided to try to free roll them. It's poetic justice how it turned out if you ask me.
    how do you know they werent intentionally freerolling him if they cancelled after the bet lost?

BigOrange

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    how do you know they werent intentionally freerolling him if they cancelled after the bet lost?
    Because it is an obvious line error that would have to be cancelled.

littlekona

Because it is an obvious line error that would have to be cancelled.
    OP with those 2 wagers at 1K obviously new it was a bad line
    and seeked to max his profit....but there are plenty of small punters who would not know better and just want the action who would bet that too....a book should take some sort of responsibility for a bad line esp half and live as they are so fluid..

Optional

Thanks for correcting me BigO and LittleK. I was a bit slow on the uptake there.

Take care betting these if you value your Heritage account NJbettor. They will boot you if you make a habit of hitting bad lines.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Thanks for correcting me BigO and LittleK. I was a bit slow on the uptake there.

Take care betting these if you value your Heritage account NJbettor. They will boot you if you make a habit of hitting bad lines.
    Question as I'm no pro or 1K better like OP but lets say I make a bet on Houston tonight at -5 now then all of a sudden near game time Harden becomes avail and plays and line goes to -11 is that initial line now considered a bad line and can be voided by shop?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post

Question as I'm no pro or 1K better like OP but lets say I make a bet on Houston tonight at -5 now then all of a sudden near game time Harden becomes avail and plays and line goes to -11 is that initial line now considered a bad line and can be voided by shop?
    Definitely not. That's not an error.

And honestly, although questions like this come up quite often, even the dodgiest books don't make a habit of cancelling bets like that. And the good books never do.

NJbettor

After discussion and the intercession of SBR, Heritage did the right thing and let the winning wager stand. I appreciate everyone's help and
    thoughts here at SBR.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave NJbettor 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.