scottgodson1985
    Update your status
    scottgodson1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11160

bol canceling bet that moves aganist them

Edit by SBR: We spoke with BetOnline and yes, that is the reason, but they'll honor the OP's wager in good faith.

So i was betting the nfl playoff openers and bets the la rams -5 for $400. Check my bets today and they cancelled the bet. Not even a major line move or anything just managers tired of me kicking there a$$
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 01-02-18 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added reply

Jared Brooks
    Jared Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 545

Looks shady. I've heard bad things about BetOnline.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Did you talk with them to see if there is possibly other reason for canceling your bet?
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Honeybadger44 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sheepgotwool
    sheepgotwool's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6429

Books getting worse as the years go by. Something has to be done about this. No excuse for cancelling that bet . That is unethical pure and simple !!!!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

they originally had it as the ST LOUIS rams... pretty sure that's why they cancelled it

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993425

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    they originally had it as the ST LOUIS rams... pretty sure that's why they cancelled it
    We spoke with BetOnline and yes, that is the reason, but they'll honor the OP's wager in good faith.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    We spoke with BetOnline and yes, that is the reason, but they'll honor the OP's wager in good faith.
    Wow. I've officially heard it all now. How many bets on the other side did they also cancel?

scottgodson1985
    Update your status
    scottgodson1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11160

Thanks guys

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    Wow. I've officially heard it all now. How many bets on the other side did they also cancel?
    they cancelled every bet on both sides when it showed up as the ST LOUIS RAMS

it was only that way for a few minutes, then they corrected it and cancelled the prior bets, anyone could easily rebet it at the same line

would you rather they let everything stand so the guys that bet on st louis (or against) and lost could say that it should be cancelled after the game?

can't leave bets stand on a fukking team that doesn't even exist, jeez

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

it was only that way for a few minutes, then they corrected it and cancelled the prior bets, anyone could easily rebet it at the same line

would you rather they let everything stand so the guys that bet on st louis (or against) and lost could say that it should be cancelled after the game?

Wrong name team showed up on a wager of mine last week, no cancel, half of the name was right.

evo34

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Wrong name team showed up on a wager of mine last week, no cancel, half of the name was right.
    Exactly. Happens every day at every book. Small typos and misspellings are corrected all the time without cancelling anything.

No major book takes small shots at players more consistently than BOL.

evo34

How would you know how much action they had on each side when they cancelled?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Now that's unfair, trying to talk plain old common sense Mike.

evo34

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Now that's unfair, trying to talk plain old common sense Mike.
    Are you claiming other books would have cancelled these bets? I think you're too experienced to do that with a straight face.

Since you guys spoke to BOL, why not let everyone know what their books looked like when they decided to cancel? Was there genuine concern that there was some other Rams team playing the Falcons this week?

LOL.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post

Are you claiming other books would have cancelled these bets? I think you're too experienced to do that with a straight face.

Since you guys spoke to BOL, why not let everyone know what their books looked like when they decided to cancel? Was there genuine concern that there was some other Rams team playing the Falcons this week?

LOL.
    You' can be so negative Evo!

Yes, books cancel those sort of errors all the time. Whatever the weight of money is.

As Mike explained a listing error like that brings out all the shot takers who will bet it and then complain for a void if it loses.

Save your powder for when books actually do act unfairly. This definitely isn't one of those cases.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Guys they listed the wrong team, not a horrible error but the wrong team was listed.

Its reasonable to just quick cancel the plays, get the listing for the game correct.

betonline had a troublesome almost disastrous 2017 trying to steal from players but eventually though good work from diligent posters and top forums like SBR got things correct.

but this is not an issue or reason to bash them at all. they did what they needed to do and did t fast.

4nic8ing
    4nic8ing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

It wasn't like that canceled the plays at 8:00pm Saturday night. Why is everyone giving BOL such a hard time on this since they already stated they are honoring the original line of the OP.