KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Bitcoin fork tomorrow, get your coins off of Nitro

I would advise withdrawing all of your coins stored on Nitro ASAP. There is a fork coming tomorrow. It's a segwit2x fork to make transactions faster and cheaper and will probably be pretty popular.

Over on Bitcointalk, I was finally able to get an answer as to whether or not they sequester their clients' funds 100% in BTC. They do not. They are probably bust. If they converted any significant portion of BTC deposits to fiat, they cannot be solvent. The math is simple.

I expect that the next time there is a major fork, they will be hit by a wave of withdrawal requests and it will all come crashing down. This fork tomorrow could be considered a serious one but was not at all well publicized so I would expect them to be able to keep the charade going for now.

I can tell you from bitter experience that they will delay a withdrawal request for about 24 hours if a fork snapshot is coming. I would not wait if you want your segwit2x btc coins.

KGambler

The resulting coin is already trading north of $1,000.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/segwit2x/

These are futures, the snapshot has not been taken yet so of course no coins have been issued. Also, it appears they plan to not issue the B2X that is associated with Satoshi's known address ("he" has huge holdings") and will instead issue those coins to B2X users.

Nitro will not give you these coins and will try and delay your withdrawal as well.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 89

They implemented a withdrawal fee about a month ago. Expect these rules to become a lot stricter in the future.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Nitrogen guys are not stupid.

Just look at their proprietary software.

I would bet that these guys have all the customer withdrawals plus around a hundred Max bets for each customer in reserves.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by Igor_1965 View Post
    Expect these rules to become a lot stricter in the future.
    based on what? the withdrawal fee is perfectly reasonable due to network issues. So the fee is .001 btc and on my last withdrawal they sent with miners fee of 999 Sat and it conformed in 10 mins...That's very acceptable to me...

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    based on what? the withdrawal fee is perfectly reasonable due to network issues. So the fee is .001 btc and on my last withdrawal they sent with miners fee of 999 Sat and it conformed in 10 mins...That's very acceptable to me...
    Sounds like a top notch book to me.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I love it how these forks just mysteriously appear 48-72 hours before deadline. Kind of weird if you ask me.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I love it how these forks just mysteriously appear 48-72 hours before deadline. Kind of weird if you ask me.
    I believe the timing of the snapshot was announced on the development website back on Dec 21. I did not hear anything about it until this morning. Yes, this is annoying.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Nitrogen guys are not stupid.

Just look at their proprietary software.

I would bet that these guys have all the customer withdrawals plus around a hundred Max bets for each customer in reserves.

I would take that bet in a heart beat.

Nitro clones pinnacle lines but is "off screen", meaning they do not move their lines in response to wagers. They are a target for every sharp and syndicate out there.

Full Tilt was absolutely printing money and they didn't sequester client funds and they were insolvent. And they didn't even have to worry about their clients' currency appreciating 50 times over versus the dollar.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

I can't understand this shit

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    I would take that bet in a heart beat.

Nitro clones pinnacle lines but is "off screen", meaning they do not move their lines in response to wagers. They are a target for every sharp and syndicate out there.

Full Tilt was absolutely printing money and they didn't sequester client funds and they were insolvent. And they didn't even have to worry about their clients' currency appreciating 50 times over versus the dollar.
    Nitrogen holds your money in Bitcoin so regardless of what the market is doing they will still have the same amount of Bitcoin that you deposited.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Wish I still had the .09 btc that I gave them on the baccarat table the other day...I need to go and disable that shit asap like I did bj and dice

KGambler

Nitrogen holds your money in Bitcoin so regardless of what the market is doing they will still have the same amount of Bitcoin that you deposited.
    Sadly, that’s not true. I confirmed it with them on bitcointalk.

You’ve been warned, do what you want with your own coins.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Sadly, that’s not true. I confirmed it with them on bitcointalk.

You’ve been warned, do what you want with your own coins.
    Wasn't it you saying the complete opposite, and saying I did not understand bitcoin forks, the other day when I suggested that may be the case??

have to worry about their clients' currency appreciating 50 times over versus the dollar.
    And I don't understand bitcoin???

You think the US$ exchange rate is a big thing Nitro need to worry about re staying solvent. How exactly is that the case when the deposits, bets and withdraws all happen in the same currency? Would that not protect Nitro from the issues fiat books taking crypto face?!

Don't bother answering if it's just more misleading assumptions please.

KGambler

Optional, you are totally confused and are once again shitting up a thread. It's sad that SBR has a moderator that constantly misinforms the public.

1. What I said is that Nitro had in the past claimed to sequester all customer funds and keep them in BTC, but that I could now not find any mention of this on their website. And that if SBR had a clue, then SBR would be asking Nitrogen if Nitrogen sequestered all funds in BTC or not. You know, because BTC is up 50,000% this year and not keeping all of the funds in BTC would be a disaster. And because you, an SBR mod, were casually suggesting that it was probable that Nitro does NOT sequester customer funds and has probably converted some of their BTC to fiat.

I took it upon myself to ask Nitrogen if they sequester customer funds, since you were not interested and did not understand the ramifications in any case. I had to ask them 3 times in their own thread over on bitcointalk but they finally gave a roundabout answer. Cliff notes: NO, they don't. Please see my previous posts as to why this is so dangerous and means that they are likely insolvent.

2. The deposit, withdrawals and bets all happen in BTC. Now try and follow along, but if Nitro converts any portion of the BTC deposits into fiat (say to pay employees, as Full Tilt did with customer deposits) then it is a huge problem. This is so simple.

Please do not respond if you are just going to shit up another thread with more confused ramblings.
    Last edited by KGambler; 12-27-17 at 08:20 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: evo34

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Optional, you are totally confused and are once again shitting up a thread. It's sad that SBR has a moderator that constantly misinforms the public.

1. What I said is that Nitro had in the past claimed to sequester all customer funds and keep them in BTC, but that I could now not find any mention of this on their website. And that if SBR had a clue, then SBR would be asking Nitrogen if Nitrogen sequestered all funds in BTC or not. You know, because BTC is up 50,000% this year and not keeping all of the funds in BTC would be a disaster. And because you, an SBR mod, were casually suggesting that it was probable that Nitro does NOT sequester customer funds and has probably converted some of their BTC to fiat.

I took it upon myself to ask Nitrogen if they sequester customer funds, since you were not interested and did not understand the ramifications in any case. I had to ask them 3 times in their own thread over on bitcointalk but they finally gave a roundabout answer. Cliff notes: NO, they don't. Please see my previous posts as to why this is so dangerous and means that they are likely insolvent.

2. The deposit, withdrawals and bets all happen in BTC. Now try and follow along, but if Nitro converts any portion of the BTC deposits into fiat (say to pay employees, as Full Tilt did with customer deposits) then it is a huge problem. This is so simple.

Please do not respond if you are just going to shit up another thread with more confused ramblings.
    You're making assumptions without any facts behind your assertions. First off, you don't know how much they have liquidated from BTC. For all you know it's 1%. Why would they keep ALL funds in BTC when they have bills to pay and other overhead that requires them to liquidate into FIAT to pay that overhead. You're creating fake news without any serious evidence to back your claims.

Banks only keep 10% of customers' deposit liquid, does that mean they are all bust? They only deal in Bitcoin, so when they have to pay the bills, how do they do that? They have to liquidate some of the BTC into cash.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 12-27-17 at 08:41 PM.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Banks only keep 10% of customers' deposit liquid, does that mean they are bust? They only deal in Bitcoin, so when they have to pay the bills, how do they do that? They have to liquidate some of the BTC into cash.
    opinion only...
    they have kept way over over 90% of the BTC deposits , they are beyond huge successful, and in addition continue to steal all the customer new bitcoin fork money over and over and over ..cause they can,no pressure from forums for that type of stealing. but they have a cool web site.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    opinion only...
    they have kept way over over 90% of the BTC deposits , they are beyond huge successful, and in addition continue to steal all the customer new bitcoin fork money over and over and over ..cause they can,no pressure from forums for that type of stealing. but they have a cool web site.
    My comment has nothing to do with withholding BCH during the fork (personally, they should give up the BCH they got). I'm just responding to his comment. He didn't give their full answer and just wants us to take his word at face value and wants us to assume the worst.

littlekona

That comparison between full tilt and nitro is so off....full tilt was basically Ponzi scheme with horrible organization and thieves as owners...nitro has been very transparent and open with customers and I’m fine with there decisions so far....though one thing I’d like to see nitro implement is full tilt poker avatars....those where the best!

Optional

That doesn't really explain why they "have to worry about their clients' currency appreciating 50 times over versus the dollar."

Or how converting any bitcoin to other instruments or assets equals automatic insolvency.

Anyways, keep up the wild assumptions and yelling at the sky if you like Chicken Little.

I'll be hoping you're wrong and Nitro somehow survive.

Optional

I do agree with your suggestion that people should withdraw from Nitro if they want to see any B2X for certain though KGambler.

Basic idea of the thread is good

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    You're making assumptions without any facts behind your assertions. First off, you don't know how much they have liquidated from BTC. For all you know it's 1%. Why would they keep ALL funds in BTC when they have bills to pay and other overhead that requires them to liquidate into FIAT to pay that overhead. You're creating fake news without any serious evidence to back your claims.

Banks only keep 10% of customers' deposit liquid, does that mean they are all bust? They only deal in Bitcoin, so when they have to pay the bills, how do they do that? They have to liquidate some of the BTC into cash.
    So you think top books use customer funds to pay the bills?

TheMoneyShot

On Reddit many people have confirmed this is ALL A SCAM.

There will be no SegWit2x. No Fork.

Optional

On Reddit many people have confirmed this is ALL A SCAM.

There will be no SegWit2x. No Fork.
    What's the scam part?

Just to manipulate trading prices?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What's the scam part?

Just to manipulate trading prices?
    Yes. Just to somehow manipulate trading. Everything is false about it.

They also said be prepared for more false forks/coins in the next 2-3 weeks.

Did anyone receive a Coinbase email about this? Did any exchange notify us about this? I didn't receive one email.

Optional

Yes. Just to somehow manipulate trading. Everything is false about it.

They also said be prepared for more false forks/coins in the next 2-3 weeks.

Did anyone receive a Coinbase email about this? Did any exchange notify us about this? I didn't receive one email.
    When I searched for an exact block number and time estimate I did have trouble finding anything apart from references to the previously abandoned date.

Guess, we'll find out for sure pretty soon.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Looks like it will happen at block 501451 which is about 4 to 6 hours from the time of this post. Not sure if it's a scam or not...very contradictory info everywhere.

littlekona

here is listing I found....Crazy! Pizza Fork coming soon!

These are coin splits of the digital currency Bitcoin, created intentionally via hard forks of the blockchain, sharing a transaction history with Bitcoin up to a certain time and date:

• Bitcoin Cash: Forked at Block 478559[1], 1 August 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCH
    • Bitcoin Gold: Forked at Block 491407[2], 24 October 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BTG
    • Bitcoin Diamond: Forked at Block 495866[3], 24 November 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 10 BCD
    • UnitedBitcoin: Forked at Block 498777[4], 12 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 UB
    • Bitcoin Hot: Forked at Block 498848[5], 12 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 100 BTH
    • Super Bitcoin: Forked at Block 498888, 12 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 SBTC
    • BitcoinX: Forked at Block 498888[6], 12 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 10,000 BCX
    • Lightning Bitcoin: Forked at Block 499999, 12 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 LBTC
    • Bitcoin Top: Forked at Block 501118, 26 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BTT
    • Bitcoin God: God' is not a typo, Forked at Block 501225, forked on 27th December 2017 For each 1 BTC you get 1 GOD
    • Bitcoin FILE: Forked at Block 501225, forked on 27th December 2017 For each 1 BTC you get 1000 BIFI
    • Bitcoin Cash Plus: Forking at Block 501407, Expected on 2nd of January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCP
    • Bitcoin SegWit2X X11 Not to be confused with a previous fork SegWit2X with the same name, Forking at Block 501451, 28 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 B2X
    • BITCOIN Pizza: Forking at Block 501888, 1st January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BPA
    • Bitcoin Smart: Forking at Block 505050, 21 January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCS
    • Bitcoin Interest: Forking at Block 505083, 22 January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCI
    • Bitcoin LITE: Forking on 30th January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BTCL
    • Bitcoin ATOM: Forking TBA in January, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCA

solring
    solring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3434

Where'd you find the list?

BrickJames
    Action

here is listing I found....Crazy! Pizza Fork coming soon!

These are coin splits of the digital currency Bitcoin, created intentionally via hard forks of the blockchain, sharing a transaction history with Bitcoin up to a certain time and date:

• Bitcoin Cash: Forked at Block 478559[1], 1 August 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCH
    • Bitcoin Gold: Forked at Block 491407[2], 24 October 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BTG
    • Bitcoin Diamond: Forked at Block 495866[3], 24 November 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 10 BCD
    • UnitedBitcoin: Forked at Block 498777[4], 12 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 UB
    • Bitcoin Hot: Forked at Block 498848[5], 12 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 100 BTH
    • Super Bitcoin: Forked at Block 498888, 12 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 SBTC
    • BitcoinX: Forked at Block 498888[6], 12 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 10,000 BCX
    • Lightning Bitcoin: Forked at Block 499999, 12 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 LBTC
    • Bitcoin Top: Forked at Block 501118, 26 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BTT
    • Bitcoin God: God' is not a typo, Forked at Block 501225, forked on 27th December 2017 For each 1 BTC you get 1 GOD
    • Bitcoin FILE: Forked at Block 501225, forked on 27th December 2017 For each 1 BTC you get 1000 BIFI
    • Bitcoin Cash Plus: Forking at Block 501407, Expected on 2nd of January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCP
    • Bitcoin SegWit2X X11 Not to be confused with a previous fork SegWit2X with the same name, Forking at Block 501451, 28 December 2017, For each 1 BTC you get 1 B2X
    • BITCOIN Pizza: Forking at Block 501888, 1st January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BPA
    • Bitcoin Smart: Forking at Block 505050, 21 January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCS
    • Bitcoin Interest: Forking at Block 505083, 22 January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCI
    • Bitcoin LITE: Forking on 30th January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BTCL
    • Bitcoin ATOM: Forking TBA in January, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BCA
    Why do they fork it? What is the point?

I have some bch and it's trash

littlekona

Why do they fork it? What is the point?

I have some bch and it's trash
    I disagree I like bitcoin cash..Im glad my exchange and wallet gave me after fork..its one of the better ones i think

BrickJames
    Action

I disagree I like bitcoin cash..Im glad my exchange and wallet gave me after fork..its one of the better ones i think
    But why? What is the point?

littlekona

Bitpay card is Implementing it next year for loads, it confirms fast and real cheap fees, has some growth potential and I can buy and exchange it pretty easy.....I also like ether esp since blockchain wallet and Gemini offer..

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

People that hold lots of BTC get free new coins. These forks are probably coordinated by whales and old-timers

12 Last