Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by ibetyouadollar View Post
    so if i want to load $50 on my bitpay card,how much do you think it would cost me?how much would i need to have?around 60$???
    Right now $60 would be more than enough. The optimum miners fee is just under $5 right now and the conversion rate BitPay uses is fair so you should not see much more loss than that... well depending on who you are quoting as saying the coin is worth $60 of course. But assuming it's coindesk or a proper market wide rate like that, I'd guess you'll lose $6 max.

ibetyouadollar
    ibetyouadollar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2442

thanx for that response fam.i appreciate your help.

ibetyouadollar

and i now have mycellium and electrum

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Can Mycellium be a PC desktop wallet or just a cell phone wallet?

TheDempster
    TheDempster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1518

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Can Mycellium be a PC desktop wallet or just a cell phone wallet?
    Mycellium is phone...and Electrum is desktop

***and FWIW just loaded my BitPay Card using Electrum .....and it was 15 mins start to finish(super easy and decent fee)

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

So Electrum has to be downloaded in a PC? It won’t work on an iPad?

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by TheDempster View Post
    Mycellium is phone...and Electrum is desktop

***and FWIW just loaded my BitPay Card using Electrum .....and it was 15 mins start to finish(super easy and decent fee)
    Thanks Dempster. Tried to give you a few points, but wouldn't work.

Optional

You can use the same seed with your Electrum desktop wallet and your Mycellium phone app wallet and basically use them as alternate interfaces to the same bitcoin wallet.

An IOS version Electrum is supposed to be coming Pinoy but no idea when.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Pinoy-T-X

Pinoy-T-X

A fiend of mine just used Mycellium to transfer funds and was charged $40 for a $200 transfer. Yikes.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    A fiend of mine just used Mycellium to transfer funds and was charged $40 for a $200 transfer. Yikes.
    Move the fee it low priority! Your friend is ignorant should read a bit on BTC fees low low fees are acceptable again 2$ is fine now $5 is close to first block see charts

I have been sending 11/21 SAts and getting conformation in less then hour
    Points Awarded:

TheDempster gave littlekona 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Pinoy-T-X

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Move the fee it low priority! Your friend is ignorant should read a bit on BTC fees low low fees are acceptable again 2$ is fine now $5 is close to first block see chartsI have been sending 11/21 SAts and getting conformation in less then hour
    Besides Electrum and Mycelium, what other wallets do you use?

littlekona

Besides Electrum and Mycelium, what other wallets do you use?
    I use a few but for bit pay myceilum ...Just scroll through the miners fee's on bottom they offer and go to low priority just dint us lowest on use like 20 SAT ...Never use the one they recommend esp now with congestion gone
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Pinoy-T-X

Optional

Set too high a fee?

I use a few but for bit pay myceilum ...Just scroll through the miners fee's on bottom they offer and go to low priority just dint us lowest on use like 20 SAT ...Never use the one they recommend esp now with congestion gone
    Sounds like the Mycellium wallet deals with fees badly?

Thats a trap for new users

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Set too high a fee?

Sounds like the Mycellium wallet deals with fees badly?

Thats a trap for new users
    Its pretty simple though as they have that scrolling on bottom with low priority to high and everything in between....you would think most guys using btc have a little tech knowledge LOL

Optional

Everyone has a day one using it

But why doesnt mycellium default to optimal is good question. Unless he moved it I guess. 40 bucks today is throwing money in the bin.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Everyone has a day one using it

But why doesnt mycellium default to optimal is good question. Unless he moved it I guess. 40 bucks today is throwing money in the bin.
    I just looked my android App has it at Normal 146 SAT (3.30$)that the default set and if u scroll left Lowest Low is 3 SAT (7 Cents) an scroll all way right to Priority and the highest is 249 SAT (5.60$) thats the range
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave littlekona 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

Can't imagine how he manged 40 bucks then. Doesnt sound possible without going right into settings and changing numbers sort of thing.

Pinoy-T-X

He wrote a review at the apple app. There are a few one star reviews too, mostly guys complaining about losing their money or paying high fees. The average review is 2.8 out of 5 stars.
    i want to copy and paste the reviews here, but I don’t know how since it’s in the apple app.

littlekona

He wrote a review at the apple app. There are a few one star reviews too, mostly guys complaining about losing their money or paying high fees. The average review is 2.8 out of 5 stars.
    i want to copy and paste the reviews here, but I don’t know how since it’s in the apple app.

Mycelium is one of top and most secure wallets...losing money must be a user error or some sort of scam...high fees is not mycelium problem they don’t have anything to do with miner or network fees

ibetyouadollar

Mycelium is one of top and most secure wallets...losing money must be a user error or some sort of scam...high fees is not mycelium problem they don’t have anything to do with miner or network fees
    i just went from BM to MYCEL to BPay ,hopefully the fees arent high like you said.

Pinoy-T-X

i just went from BM to MYCEL to BPay ,hopefully the fees arent high like you said.
    How much was your fees?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Going rate right now.... get it confirmed in under 90 minutes... $1.37 (possibly even a lot sooner)
    Nomination(s):

ibetyouadollar

fees are low but im doing something wrong ,when i paste teh bitpay address in the recipient address,its red and i cant click on send.

ibetyouadollar

Quote Originally Posted by ATC727 View Post
    the link bitpay gives me is something like this..... bictoin:>r://bitpay.com/i/skjdfhfjsdkfasdasd

short of characters....the moment i paste this into mycelium the link is RED. Not a good sign.
    its doing that with me right now.what did you do?how did you fix it?

ibetyouadollar

nvm im good,i just scanned the qr code on bitpay

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Thank for the updated info guys. I sync'd up my blockchain wallet in Electrum and the history all matches up. So I'm going to request a payout and go from 5d to the Electrum wallet and then to Bitpay card without any issue if I'm understanding correctly? Again thanks to all.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Thank for the updated info guys. I sync'd up my blockchain wallet in Electrum and the history all matches up. So I'm going to request a payout and go from 5d to the Electrum wallet and then to Bitpay card without any issue if I'm understanding correctly? Again thanks to all.
    Nice.

And you do understand correctly.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Awesome! Congrats on the Win...the card makes every day like being in Vegas w the instant $$$$$ good job!

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

fees are low but im doing something wrong ,when i paste teh bitpay address in the recipient address,its red and i cant click on send.
    Mycelium app is shit. Last couple days I tried it I was also getting red and couldn't send. Never had trouble with Airbitz but wanted to try this one.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Mycelium app is shit. Last couple days I tried it I was also getting red and couldn't send. Never had trouble with Airbitz but wanted to try this one.
    I did load yesterday and today no issues and confirmed ready to spend in under 5 mins with economy fee....I used the android app and QR code....app is awesome what’s the issues your having and we can try helping

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

I did load yesterday and today no issues and confirmed ready to spend in under 5 mins with economy fee....I used the android app and QR code....app is awesome what’s the issues your having and we can try helping
    On iOS, also tried QR code and does not work. Does let me open in wallet but does nothing.

littlekona

On iOS, also tried QR code and does not work. Does let me open in wallet but does nothing.
    android app is way better if you have id try that

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15769

I noticed here https://bitpay.com/docs/wallets that Airbitz is an approved true wallet and what I've always used as opposed to Blockchain. Can I go Book----Airbitz-----Bitpay or has anyone tried just that?

ibetyouadollar

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    I noticed here https://bitpay.com/docs/wallets that Airbitz is an approved true wallet and what I've always used as opposed to Blockchain. Can I go Book----Airbitz-----Bitpay or has anyone tried just that?
    this is correct
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave ibetyouadollar 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15769

Thank you ibet.

First 12345 Last