hudnutter
    hudnutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Books taking advantage of BTC exchange disparity?

Yesterday I received a payout for $1,000. I took a screenshot of various exchange prices at the exact moment I received the payout and it was about $50 short at best, and $70 short at worst. That's a 5% withdrawal fee!

Right now the price of bitcoin is $15,530 at GDAX but only $14,815 at bitstamp. Plus it's fluctuating fast. This is the perfect opportunity for books and/or the BTC processors they use to skim an extra 1 or 2 (or 5!) % off the top.

In order to avoid such accusations, and in order to avoid players getting cheated, processors should be including the moment they took the price, and from what exchange. With transparency, there will be no problems.

BTC has been a godsend for players and the books alike, but the if the books start cheating 5% on deposits and withdrawals then we may as well just go back to using banks.

No excuses for the books to be so bad at this. On the exchanges, depositing and withdrawing BTC is fast and easy and it's totally clear what rate you're getting and why. Books could learn a thing or two here.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Best advice,use BTC only books!

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13779

Best advice is to not deposit or withdraw right now to books that convert to USD. I was going to deposit $500 yesterday and the fee to send regular was $28. It will settle soon though and get back to usual.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

part of the game using bitcoin

goes with you and against you

fdsa212
    fdsa212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Stay Away from 5Dimes.

It appears they are delaying withdrawals deliberately in order for the BTC to fall again

KS1986
    KS1986's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9588

Quote Originally Posted by fdsa212 View Post
    Stay Away from 5Dimes.

It appears they are delaying withdrawals deliberately in order for the BTC to fall again
    Really