1. #1
    Waterstpub87
    Life-Style Arbitrage
    Waterstpub87's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-09-09
    Posts: 3,186
    Betpoints: 290

    Do books lie about the lines they post to the odds feed

    I am looking at betpheonix, and it displays totals and moneylines for NCAA basketball, yet when I look in my account, I see no odds listed for anything expect spreads.

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 209 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/08/2018

    BTP
    Week 3
    3-2-0 141 pts


  2. #2
    4nic8ing
    4nic8ing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-19-08
    Posts: 90
    Betpoints: 3854

    They obviously have different stores and the one hooked to the lines feed has everything offered. I have no idea if Phoenix is just postup or if they dabble in PPH also. So probably different offerings for different people is my guess.

  3. #3
    Waterstpub87
    Life-Style Arbitrage
    Waterstpub87's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-09-09
    Posts: 3,186
    Betpoints: 290

    nevermind
    Last edited by Waterstpub87; 12-05-17 at 03:59 PM.

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 209 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/08/2018

    BTP
    Week 3
    3-2-0 141 pts


  4. #4
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 35,467
    Betpoints: 4415

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    I am looking at betpheonix, and it displays totals and moneylines for NCAA basketball, yet when I look in my account, I see no odds listed for anything expect spreads.
    FUNNY story about this posted on forum a year or two ago. I wish I could find the thread about it.

    An Australian book who was sick of another book copying their lines added some smart assed comments to a couple of markets in their feed to prank the other book.

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-0-1 453 pts

    SBR
    Forum
    Mod
    Squad

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  5. #5
    Waterstpub87
    Life-Style Arbitrage
    Waterstpub87's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-09-09
    Posts: 3,186
    Betpoints: 290

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    FUNNY story about this posted on forum a year or two ago. I wish I could find the thread about it.

    An Australian book who was sick of another book copying their lines added some smart assed comments to a couple of markets in their feed to prank the other book.
    There was some thread on here, maybe 5 or 6 years ago. It was Emily Heines talking about some book breaking their ankles trying to follow another book's odds. Something like bookmaker would pretend to change a line to something to screw over some square books. Too long ago to remember.

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 209 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/08/2018

    BTP
    Week 3
    3-2-0 141 pts


  6. #6
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 296,494
    Betpoints: 56

    its the line service not thew book

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 412 pts

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 446 pts

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  7. #7
    evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-09-08
    Posts: 1,032
    Betpoints: 4198

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    There was some thread on here, maybe 5 or 6 years ago. It was Emily Heines talking about some book breaking their ankles trying to follow another book's odds. Something like bookmaker would pretend to change a line to something to screw over some square books. Too long ago to remember.
    This was back in the days when Heritage used to chase around 5D overnight line moves (now they ignore them):

    https://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/sportsbooks-industry/1740434-heritage-breaks-its-own-ankles-trying-shadow-5d.html

  8. #8
    Waterstpub87
    Life-Style Arbitrage
    Waterstpub87's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-09-09
    Posts: 3,186
    Betpoints: 290

    Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    This was back in the days when Heritage used to chase around 5D overnight line moves (now they ignore them):

    https://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/sportsbooks-industry/1740434-heritage-breaks-its-own-ankles-trying-shadow-5d.html
    Thats the one. Guess it was you and not heines. I've posted here too long.

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 209 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/08/2018

    BTP
    Week 3
    3-2-0 141 pts


Top