Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Avoid Those Dirty Holes In The Ground

What's up with people who look at a hole in the ground full of crap, smell the crap, see the crap, hear others laugh at the crap filled hole, but the hole owner says we are not full of crap so the person chooses to ignore what they see and jump in that pit of crap of their own free will??

That's bad enough... but the indignant way some of these types come back afterward squawking about how they are now covered in crap and everyone else is at fault floors me sometimes.

Last edited by Optional; 11-18-17 at 04:59 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: u21c3f6, semibluff, and lonnie55

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

It is possible the person in the mirror is fool proof, it happen to other but not to them.

Optional

I've lost money from books closing/stiffing.

I've never got angry at SBR or whoever referred me to them though. And in the case of the obviously questionable ones, accepted that I took a risk myself and lost.

But I didn't mean to sound so critical of people with problems in general. Probably should have posted this in the thread that inspired it. But just wanted to vent without starting a fight ;-)

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

Optional, you can tell some people that the stove is hot and they won't touch it but others have to smell their burning flesh before the message sinks in.

Joe.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by u21c3f6 View Post
    Optional, you can tell some people that the stove is hot and they won't touch it but others have to smell their burning flesh before the message sinks in.

Joe.
    that, and also many people dont google a book before they deposit, they see an ad and go to the site and deposit

i never used to research a book before depositing, i'd see them sponsoring a team and assume they were legit

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    i'd see them sponsoring a team and assume they were legit
    Wishful thinking

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by piterp View Post
    Wishful thinking
    i was lucky, cause i'm european, and a high percentage of our books are legit so i didnt get screwed

although seeing others get screwed i know now how lucky i was and how wrong i was not to do research

to be fair, the only high profile book (i.e. sponsoring sports teams, advertising through msm) i can think of which is a scam, is 1xbet, there must be others?

my point is, not everyone researches a book before depositing, because scam books put great effort into appearing legit and trustworthy

if a book seems dodgy to the point you feel you have to do research on them, i guess you would be reluctant to send them money, even if your research says they are legit

Offshoreisiffy
    Offshoreisiffy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

that, and also many people dont google a book before they deposit, they see an ad and go to the site and deposit

i never used to research a book before depositing, i'd see them sponsoring a team and assume they were legit

Good post. Many only find these types of forums after being screwed by a book. I know when I started betting I assumed all were legit. That was 10+ years ago and boy how wrong I was. I'll only play at 5 offshore books out of the hundreds that exist these days. I won't even touch many of the highly rated ones by this site.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Optional could you as mod open new thread with names of the holes? New people need names!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by moojoo View Post
    Optional could you as mod open new thread with names of the holes? New people need names!
    I imagine it's only the same sort of person who blames everyone else for their choices afterward who might also need someone else to place a sign next to the obviously festering hole full of crap. Don't you think?

"SBR are scammers. They should have put up a huge sign. The sight, smell, laughing and pointing by others were not enough warning the hole was full of crap for me."

"And of course I refuse to research or use any common sense myself. How dare you suggest I take any personal responsibility. It's all SBRs fault I joined this unheard of book with the unrealistic bonus offer."

Seriously Moojoo... grow a pair and act like a big boy.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

The Book Rating service, the tons of help with BTC transactions, the explanation of exchanges, ect has helped me a lot.

I didn't know how to navigate these waters before.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I imagine it's only the same sort of person who blames everyone else for their choices afterward who might also need someone else to place a sign next to the obviously festering hole full of crap. Don't you think?

"SBR are scammers. They should have put up a huge sign. The sight, smell, laughing and pointing by others were not enough warning the hole was full of crap for me."

"And of course I refuse to research or use any common sense myself. How dare you suggest I take any personal responsibility. It's all SBRs fault I joined this unheard of book with the unrealistic bonus offer."

Why should i grow a pair? Did i acuse sbr regarding anything? You are right when you mention this ignorant people whos bashing sbr without reason. But if you want to help anyone you could start thread and we could all help naming scam books.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by moojoo View Post

Why should i grow a pair? Did i acuse sbr regarding anything? You are right when you mention this ignorant people whos bashing sbr without reason. But if you want to help anyone you could start thread and we could all help naming scam books.
    Yeah the crack at the end was uncalled for. Sorry.

As I said above, I probably should have just posted this in the thread it related to so it doesn't look like I am unsympathetic to complaints in general. It's just the angry ones that come at SBR for their choices that grind my gears.

Offshoreisiffy

I'm a grown man and will take the blame for my own decisions. But there is zero doubt SBR was in bed with Betislands. You can deny it all you want, but I know people in this industry who have proven it was such.

Optional

That doesn't really fit the definition of a stinking hole that everyone was laughing at. But touche to you

Offshoreisiffy

That doesn't really fit the definition of a stinking hole that everyone was laughing at. But touche to you

Apologies for my off base comment I should have read the post more accurately.

Thanks for not denying SBR's involvement with Betislands though

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by Offshoreisiffy View Post
    Apologies for my off base comment I should have read the post more accurately.

Thanks for not denying SBR's involvement with Betislands though
    Betislands was a stinking hole. Sbr knew it. They put roses on top to trick us. Maybe sbr didn't know it was shit from the onset, or how bad it actually was. But they poured so many roses on top using sbr's "good name" to promote betislands. Without sbr's roses and perfume, betislands would never have gotten a dime from me(or most others who posted up their). Instead they robbed me for 10s if thousands. Never forget what sbr did there. No innocent bystander

piterp

SBR is ok just players are bad

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28974

some people need bonuses soooo badly they think its worth the risk of not getting paid
    or praising a book that took 6-8 months top pay them

never did and never will understand it...

piterp

Bonus is part of business if your local shop offer you something for free or half price you will never visit this shop because they offer promotions?

Offshoreisiffy

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Betislands was a stinking hole. Sbr knew it. They put roses on top to trick us. Maybe sbr didn't know it was shit from the onset, or how bad it actually was. But they poured so many roses on top using sbr's "good name" to promote betislands. Without sbr's roses and perfume, betislands would never have gotten a dime from me(or most others who posted up their). Instead they robbed me for 10s if thousands. Never forget what sbr did there. No innocent bystander
    You put it excellently. I’m actually surprised MyBookie hasn’t been rammed down people’s throats here on SBR.

SportsMushroom

well, the reason that it did not fit the definition of a stinking hole that everyone was laughing at was exactly because sbr was promoting it

sbr helped created a good image for betislands so that people would trust them and deposit, sbr pushed people towards betislands

most importantly, sbr vouched for betislands 'integrity' and solvency. I think i remember sbr telling everyone betislands had solid financial backing and money was safe

you vouched for a site without doing due diligence, because of the money. maybe even knew and lied

Optional

Sure sure.

Every idiot that wants to yell at SBR for their own choices is justifiable now due to Betislands ripping people off 6 years ago. I get it.

So far all you guys want to do is change the subject!

I guess this was started as a thread to have a vent in.

Offshoreisiffy

Sure sure.

Every idiot that wants to yell at SBR for their own choices is justifiable now due to Betislands ripping people off 6 years ago. I get it.

You're not a US citizen are you?

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Sure sure.

What is the subject? And how does betislands not fit In with said subject? Because sbr did the exact opposite of what they are supposed to do? Not only didn't they properly warn people of a scam, they led people there! And made $ on the deal. There should be betislands mentioned in every thread talking about rotten books on this site. There should also be a stickied thread up top. 6 years later, betislands is still sbr and sbr is still betislands.

Until sbr discloses how much $ they made off betislands and returns every penny + interest to the victims they created, no amount of time going by should make a mention of them "off topic" on this website.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: oiisbr

SportsMushroom

Sure sure.

wait wait wait, you say its peoples fault if they deposit at a bad book because they didnt do research

but with betislands, those who did research found sbr telling them how good betislands was and how safe their money was because betislands financial backing was solid

you are contradicting yourself

Optional

wait wait wait, you say its peoples fault if they deposit at a bad book because they didnt do research

but with betislands, those who did research found sbr telling them how good betislands was and how safe their money was because betislands financial backing was solid

No, I was venting about a person who joins dodgy unheard of books with huge bonus offers then comes on here acting like it is everyone else but their own fault when it doesnt work out as they want. And then starts ripping into SBR for not having a rating or the wrong rating or in this case it's SBR's fault because the book was rated D+ and that 'endorsement' means it is all SBRs fault.

What do you want out me about Betislands? I don't know the truth any better than anyone else posting in this thread does.

Are you saying I cant vent about morons coming at me because you want to talk about betislands instead??

Feel free to start your own thread to have a whine about BI if you like. Like I have here for my issue.

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

I must be losing my ability to comprehend the English language, because I have no idea how some of these conclusions are being reached. As far as I can tell, the original thread was about people who deposit at dodgy books, with all sorts of warnings, and complain when they get hosed. And not having a lot of sympathy for those people. This would not apply in the case of BetIslands, however, since in that case people were not warned, and were in fact encouraged to deposit there, so in that case it is understandable that they are upset. Two completely different situations. So, what am I missing here? Who's contradicting themselves?

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingbettor View Post

hey i didnt bring up the betislands issue, but since it was brought up, I was pointing to the hypocrisy of the original post

yes you might think they are not connected, but I think they are

the op was making a point that people should research before depositing with a book, I was trying to point out that even if you do research you will be taken advantage of because good reviews can be bought off, as betislands did with sbr

how can the op be sure that the person complaining didnt do research and run into good reviews that were bought and paid for, just like with betislands, and just like other books that are promoted by sbr
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 11-23-17 at 03:21 PM.

Optional

hey i didnt bring up the betislands issue, but since it was brought up, I was pointing to the hypocrisy of the original post

yes you might think they are not connected, but I think they are

the op was making a point that people should research before depositing with a book, I was trying to point out that even if you do research you will be taken advantage of because good reviews can be bought off, as betislands did with sbr

how can the op be sure
    that the person complaining didnt do research and run into good reviews that were bought and paid for, just like with betislands, and just like other books that are promoted by sbr
    I'm sure

Also, I wasn't making a point that "people should research first". I already reiterated the point I was trying to make for you. Maybe re-read the original post again where it says people that see it, smell it and hear others laughing at it but still choose to take the bonus/risk. IE: they have done research and ignored it.

Re BetIslands. If you really care about my personal opinion I don't mind talking about it. But I don't speak for SBR, don't have any inside info and what I know is probably exactly what you know, as we both joined SBR in the year leading up to the closure.

Is it possible I can get a little sympathy for my unrelated personal problem first though??

cyclingbettor

how can the op be sure that the person complaining didnt do research and run into good reviews that were bought and paid for, just like with betislands, and just like other books that are promoted by sbr
    Well, the whole subject of the original post was about books that have huge red flags and warnings and negative reviews, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to start the thread if the book in question had positive reviews and appeared legit. I'm not the op though, so who knows I guess. As is usually the case in these threads, I will stop trying to figure it out and move along...

cyclingbettor

Ha ha, I see Optional already posted pretty much the same reply.