Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Recently fixed Ita B Serie match?

Did any of you bet on the Gallipoli vs Grosseto match? Was your wager voided?

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

fixed, as in a scripted match? good day.

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

MILAN, ITALY – Bookmakers were least night questioning the result of the Gallipoli vs Grosseto which ended 2-2 after what has been described as “incredibly suspicious betting patterns” were reported.

The Serie B game saw an unusual amount of action on the draw and on the 2-2 correct score. The pre-match draw traded at around 2.74 on Betfair and bookmakers across Europe reported plenty of money for the stalemate at prices down to 2.50. The 2-2 draw was generally on offer at 8/1 or better with bookmakers but traded well below that price on Betfair.

At half time with Gallipoli leading 2-1 bookies reported all the money was on a 2-2 scoreline and it traded at 3.00 on Betfair, despite it being roughly a 4.00 chance or higher if normal statistical rules were applied to the match.

With 73 minutes played the 2-2 draw was trading at 1.96 on Betfair and £129,110 of the £252,739 bet on the game had been traded on that score.

One leading bookmaker told Live Odds and Scores: “It stinks. UEFA need to look at this and look at it fast. Serie B doesn’t have the best reputation in the world but when something like this happens it makes us question whether it is even worth covering the league. The trading patterns were all wrong and that usually means something is up.”

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by spartangreen View Post
    MILAN, ITALY – Bookmakers were least night questioning the result of the Gallipoli vs Grosseto which ended 2-2 after what has been described as “incredibly suspicious betting patterns” were reported.

The Serie B game saw an unusual amount of action on the draw and on the 2-2 correct score. The pre-match draw traded at around 2.74 on Betfair and bookmakers across Europe reported plenty of money for the stalemate at prices down to 2.50. The 2-2 draw was generally on offer at 8/1 or better with bookmakers but traded well below that price on Betfair.

At half time with Gallipoli leading 2-1 bookies reported all the money was on a 2-2 scoreline and it traded at 3.00 on Betfair, despite it being roughly a 4.00 chance or higher if normal statistical rules were applied to the match.

With 73 minutes played the 2-2 draw was trading at 1.96 on Betfair and £129,110 of the £252,739 bet on the game had been traded on that score.

One leading bookmaker told Live odds and Scores: “It stinks. UEFA need to look at this and look at it fast. Serie B doesn’t have the best reputation in the world but when something like this happens it makes us question whether it is even worth covering the league. The trading patterns were all wrong and that usually means something is up.”

good info, thanks, good day

LMAOFISH
    LMAOFISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I had my +0.5 graded as a win by pinnacle.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

what a shock , italians and corruption

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

bad joke, but these things are actually corrected with the help of bookmakers not with bookies being illegal

Mikelo
    Mikelo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

I was on over 2,5 and got paid.

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelo View Post
    I was on over 2,5 and got paid.
    Which book?

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

it is very ussual draw with low odds in serieb, last season was a game that the draw was at 1.67 of course I did lay at betfair result- 2-2 , the mafia controls the minor leagues in italy, my advise if you see strange odds in italy dont go againt it, back it up

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

Gotta love Italy

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

match is not setled on gamebookers and at all books that are member on essa organisation bet at home,unibet,stanjames....
    Last edited by nenad; 02-16-10 at 04:23 PM.

Toit
    Trust me.
    Toit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6775

I was on the draw at betclic.
    Bet was first settled and is now 'open' again, pending investigation by the UEFA.

I'd like to know if losing wagers have their status returned to 'open' as well.

nenad

this whole investigation is pure shit uefa dont investigate this ,only essa self named organisation for discovering unususl patterns in beting,if sombody lose big money nobody investigate and now books are angry.very unusual

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Toit View Post
    I was on the draw at betclic.
    Bet was first settled and is now 'open' again, pending investigation by the UEFA.

I'd like to know if losing wagers have their status returned to 'open' as well.
    In past cases, yes.
    All bets are voided.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Yep, not surprising that books are noticing a weird betting pattern AFTER they lose a lot of money. If this one had ended 3-2 I don't think the bets would be open very long.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill

It essentially becomes a freeroll for books if they can cancel winning plays because the game was "fixed".

Dunder
    Dunder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nenad View Post
    this whole investigation is pure shit uefa dont investigate this ,only essa self named organisation for discovering unususl patterns in beting,if sombody lose big money nobody investigate and now books are angry.very unusual
    If the odds for a 2-2 draw were trading at 8/1 on Betfair prior to the match then something is BADLY wrong. 16/1 would be typical.

nenad

Quote Originally Posted by Dunder View Post
    If the odds for a 2-2 draw were trading at 8/1 on Betfair prior to the match then something is BADLY wrong. 16/1 would be typical.
    who gives a fuk?if they think its fixed they shoold remove the match from offer.

Toit
    Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunder View Post

Of course something was badly wrong, but why are a lot of punters aware of it and are the books reacting slowly adjusting their odds?

On the other hand, there were rumours about another Serie B fix (a 1-3 correct score) last night where quite a bit of money was traded, but the match ended 1-2 and the bookies made a lot of money.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1622

tough to stiff a soccer game . so many people involved for a 200k win at best.
    Points Awarded:

gman2114 gave aggieshawn 36 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Toit
    Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post

tough to stiff a soccer game . so many people involved for a 200k win at best.
    You only need a cross eyed keeper for a simple fix.
    A 2-2 fix takes a bit more effort.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill

Quote Originally Posted by Toit View Post
    Of course something was badly wrong, but why are a lot of punters aware of it and are the books reacting slowly adjusting their odds?

On the other hand, there were rumours about another Serie B fix (a 1-3 correct score) last night where quite a bit of money was traded, but the match ended 1-2 and the bookies made a lot of money.
    Exactly, that's why the books should just pay. If it is about a exchange like betfair a case could be made for canceling all plays on market but even then it is questionable because you must be aware of your investments. I can't call it a fix when i invest in a company that goes bankrupt.

Toit
    Trust me.

Betfair never voids these markets, mostly it's settled within 5 minutes.
    The only void I recall is the infamous Davydenko match in Sopot.

Bookies should settle as well and get their act together.
    How come thousands of people from outside Italy -without firsthand knowledge- can spot a potential fix, while alarm bells only start ringing at the bookies when traders have nursed their hangovers and have finished chatting to their mum on MSN during office hours?

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

And this is why I don't bet soccer much

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

It becomes much easier to put together a fixed match after the contest is over. You can have weird live game betting and suspicious play in the game as well. Not that its a good idea or what not. But its just more complete information for the books.

acw
    acw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

Quote Originally Posted by spartangreen View Post
    With 73 minutes played the 2-2 draw was trading at 1.96
    A perfectly normal quote.
    You can see what happened here. Some(one) with a strong opinion had a big bet under the bookies quotes on BetFair. The Arb players come in. They lay on BetFair and back with the (dodgy) bookies. Now the bookies may not pay. Honestly I do not care. For me it is evil (the arbers) against evil (the bookies).

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Italian match fixing is why I stopped betting soccer years ago. It's everywhere though. I've seen a championship being decided by a team trying its hardest not to defend. The title race was close, -a single goal would decide it-, and whenever news came in of the rival team having just scored in another match, the team against the not-trying defense would immediately score as well.

You got to love the fake dives by goalies as well. A shot comes in that should be no problem, but they manage to mistime their dive so much that it looks unstoppable. Watch for it. It's becoming more common.

Justin7

Dark Horse,

Ita Serie B is corrupt. Have you seen this in a higher league?

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dark Horse, what Championship was that? I know to steer clear of lower league Italian and Greek soccer, particularly nearer the end of the season, but wonder if I'm neglecting other leagues to avoid.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Dark Horse,

Ita Serie B is corrupt. Have you seen this in a higher league?

The Serie A has had plenty of scandals in the past, and so has the German Bundesliga. It comes and goes. Juventus, a European top team, was set back to the Serie B just a few years ago. For buying referees, if I remember correctly.

It's hard to prove at the time, but it's always been there. I remember Ajax-Panathinaikos, the CL finale (then EC-1). The biggest game of the year. The final was clean, but years later it turned out that Panathinaikos had bought their ticket to the final, from Red Star Belgrade.

The league I referred to above was the Dutch Eredivisie. Last day of play, a few years ago. I believe that league is typically clean, but on that day it was not. You have to understand that it's no longer about the national championships. The most important thing for a lot of teams is participation in next season's CL. That's where the big money is. Many top teams couldn't continue to pay their star players if they missed out on the CL. So there is plenty of incentive.

I've seen very iffy plays in the English Premiership as well. I don't remember them play for play, because I just shrug at it now. If I really wanted to know I'd start out with all Chelsea goals in the league, and see how many of them look tainted. And if I wanted to make a case I'd watch them with a professional soccer player. There's a natural way of doing things in soccer, and its not hard to see for a trained eye when a defender or goalie doesn't look natural (which is not proof).

Of course, the UEFA itself has compiled a long list of games it is examining, or has recently examined. They're worried. They're more concerned about the influence of betting syndicates, though. That influence seems to have increased dramatically. lol

Soccer has become too important. In Europe it's as important as the NFL, NBA, and MLB all rolled into one. It's all about the money now. So pretty much the same (lack of) principles as on Wall Street.

winM
    winM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sad! Sad! Now it's MONEY! Everythings are MONEY! MONEY!

jogumon
    jogumon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet on 2-2 at BetClic. Originally, the wager was graded a winner, but after reading this thread, i went back to check. It's now been reopened, and is 'Pending'.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

These european books can't be trusted with a 10 foot pole. It seems like I read about them on a daily basis reversing and not paying off on winning wagers.

It would be very easy for them to monitor unusual betting activity and take games off the board like Vegas would do. However, they handle the situation by taking in all the excessive betting and then wait for the result. If they wind up winning a fortune, then they happily book the profits. If they lose, they claim the game was fixed and use all the excessive betting as evidence and void all bets on the event.

As long as they can continue to get away with this kind of THEFT, there's no reason for them to handle suspicious betting in any other way then they are currently. Its an absolute FREEROLL for them.

The only thing bettors can do when they see European books freerolling them like this is to withdraw all their funds and close their accounts. If enough players do this and make sure to tell the book exactly why they are leaving, then these crooked European books might finally get the message and stop stealing from players.

acw
    acw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

Quote Originally Posted by jogumon View Post
    I bet on 2-2 at BetClic. Originally, the wager was graded a winner, but after reading this thread, i went back to check. It's now been reopened, and is 'Pending'.
    How much was it paying? And how did you get this brilliant tip?!

123 Last