RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

5 Dimes BTC payouts

How long is the average for non exclusive BTC accounts? They say within 48 hours

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

I think that is about right. Have not seen a post complaining about payment delays recently and all reports in official payouts thread last month where less than 24 hours.

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Thanks

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

I guess my luck has run out with 5d. Put in a bitcoin payout on the 28th. Still pending late last night after the Hawks game when I put in a small tennis bet. This morning my balance is about $1400 light, my transactions are all jacked up, and of course my payout was rejected. They are working on the "technical problem" now, first it was 30 minutes and now they are on 3 hours without any information.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Always less than 24 hours for me so far, usually same day if withdrawal request made early AM.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

their service is top notch.

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Can you get a payout with bitcoin Even if you deposited by another method?

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbSomeRocks View Post
    Can you get a payout with bitcoin Even if you deposited by another method?
    Yes. It only one every seven days.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by RocketMan$$$ View Post
    How long is the average for non exclusive BTC accounts? They say within 48 hours
    I've done many BTC payouts from 5d and in my experience you should take that timetable with a grain of salt. While it only takes 20 minutes for a BTC deposit to show in your account, the withdrawal side can take 2-5 days, especially if BTC's at a "low" price.

The delay comes into play because 5d adds an unnecessary step to BTC payouts, which is to send you an email, which you have to return, to "confirm" your bitcoin payout address.

The email's unnecessary because there's more bitcoin addresses than there are molecules of water on earth, so randomly guessing a valid one is completely impossible. So if you ever did mis-enter your BTC address, the payment would just fail and stay w/ 5d, and then they could send you that email.

But there's an solution to the delay problem: if you own external BTC, then the second you withdraw from 5d, you can buy that amount of BTC at the current price, that way you're price neutral for however long it takes 5d to get your BTC to you.

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    I've done many BTC payouts from 5d and in my experience you should take that timetable with a grain of salt. While it only takes 20 minutes for a BTC deposit to show in your account, the withdrawal side can take 2-5 days, especially if BTC's at a "low" price.

The delay comes into play because 5d adds an unnecessary step to BTC payouts, which is to send you an email, which you have to return, to "confirm" your bitcoin payout address.

The email's unnecessary because there's more bitcoin addresses than there are molecules of water on earth, so randomly guessing a valid one is completely impossible. So if you ever did mis-enter your BTC address, the payment would just fail and stay w/ 5d, and then they could send you that email.

But there's an solution to the delay problem: if you own external BTC, then the second you withdraw from 5d, you can buy that amount of BTC at the current price, that way you're price neutral for however long it takes 5d to get your BTC to you.
    Do you mean to say 5d makes an intentional effort to pay slower when BTC/USD rate is not favorable to the book?

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by OVAKUL View Post
    Do you mean to say 5d makes an intentional effort to pay slower when BTC/USD rate is not favorable to the book?
    If you ask them they'll tell you, "no, the reason BTC payout wait times vary so radically depends on how many withdrawal orders we receive."

However, over time I've noticed a strong correlation between longer wait times and player-advantageous prices. Also, suspiciously, they don't lock in the exchange rate the second you make your withdrawal request the same way they do the second you make a deposit. Instead, they choose when to lock in the withdrawal exchange rate and that choice can happen any time between an hour after you return the unnecessary confirmation to several days after you return it, so my guess is, yes, they're playing the market.

But as I said, the antidote is to buy your BTC at an exchange the second you do your withdrawal, then sell it at the same exchange rate 5d finally pays you out at. You'll be out a few bucks in margin interest, but that's the price of doing business.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post

If you ask them they'll tell you, "no, the reason BTC payout wait times vary so radically depends on how many withdrawal orders we receive."
    Is this a personal experience or are you just assuming?

There have been no reports of long wait times or radical differences in payout times in the official payouts thread, or on the forum in general, for at least a couple of months now. During both ups and downs in the BTC exchange rate.

It's been reliably same day for bitcoin exclusive or up to 48 hours for non-exclusive from what I can tell.