ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Skybook Analysis

I saw that SBR recently raised Skybook from a B- to a B rating. I have been playing here for a couple years because they have huge bonuses. My recent experience was questionable though.
    The first problem is that their bitcoin withdrawals take days. I had to make 3 withdrawals to get my money out and they ranged from 4 days to 7 days. There is no reason that a bitcoin withdrawal should take more than 24 hours.
    The other thing they did was raise my juice to something I felt was unreasonable. They determined I was not a recreational player (Apparently anyone who wins is professional and anyone who loses is recreational). They raised the juice on mlb to 30 and even 40 cents on some games. I found it fairly shady to give a big bonus with a big RO and then when I started winning to jack up my juice.
    Here's an image of the lines they are currently offering me:

+162/-202 is ridiculous.
    Anyways just wanted to warn people that saw the big bonuses and were considering using them. They aren't a scam or anything, but I think they are more of a grade C book as opposed to a grade B book.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

I played there for years until they deemed me professional which I'm not. I've beat them pretty good for a while but they never raised the juice on any games for me. They won't give me the free half point or bonuses anymore. Did they jack up the football lines too? Pretty messed up how they could do that to you. If they don't want your business they should just have to pay u out.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13815

I saw you were posting 6-7 days for payouts with them recently and was going to message you. Glad you posted here. I've probably deposited $3,000 lifetime but hit a nice parlay for about $6000 not long ago. They lower the max bet on you when you hit and/or raise the juice and the rollover is a nightmare to clear. They absolutely hate anyone that wants a payout.

I liked the book. They are cautious which is good for staying in business but they really know how to push away recreational players. Even a recreational player can go on streaks, it happens all the time.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    +162/-202 is ridiculous.
    Anyways just wanted to warn people that saw the big bonuses and were considering using them. They aren't a scam or anything, but I think they are more of a grade C book as opposed to a grade B book.
    Why do you say that is ridiculous????

That line equates to 4.83% vig

Slightly better than a -110/-110 line set!?

It shocks me daily how little people seem to understand about the basics of betting but still get on here calling books scams or trying to demand they know how bets should be graded or what terms are fair or what odds are a rippoff.

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

The point is that they significantly increased his vig without warning while maintaining a huge rollover. You can use an online calculator, congratulations . I'm pretty sure this is for mlb, and That is dog shit juice

sheepgotwool
    sheepgotwool's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6429

That juice is ridiculous for MLB. So many books going to dog doo doo these days. These books have so few players and that is the problem. A couple of people start winning and it's like they take a huge hit. It isn't hard to figure out.

4nic8ing
    4nic8ing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

It is worse than a 20 cent lineset right?

-202 = 66.89%
    +162 = 38.17%

So around 5% which is pretty bad when most shops don't go above a 20 cent line for the major sports

ace7550

I'm not sure about football. I usually bet baseball and once in a while tennis. -202/+162 is terrible as far as MLB is concerned. C'mon Opti just look at what any other reputable books are offering. It's easy to tell they jacked up the juice on me because the lines on SBR for skybook and the lines I saw on skybook used to match, now the lines I see on skybook are significantly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It shocks me daily how little people seem to understand about the basics of betting but still get on here calling books scams or trying to demand they know how bets should be graded or what terms are fair or what odds are a rippoff.
    I didn't say they were a scam. I didn't complain about how they graded bets. The odds they are offering me are a ripoff compared to other books. Especially when they were much better before I started winning.
    I'm not that guy whose first post is about how he got ripped off by some no name book or trashing an A rated book. I'm a legit poster who has been around for a couple years and has hundreds of posts.
    I'm just trying to be a responsible member of the SBR forum by warning other players about what Skybook does when you start winning.
    Just to be perfectly clear: Skybook is not a scam. Skybook will pay you in time. Skybook will also jack up the juice on you if you start winning.

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Pretty much impossible to bet into a 162/-202 MLB line if you have even one other shop funded.

You'd always get a better line than that at Betonline, probably something like 180/-192.

Skybook/Mania aren't a scam shop but it can be hard to say much good about them, other than they pay.

4 to 6 days is really poor for a Btc payout. C shop in my opinion.

BAUS

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    I saw you were posting 6-7 days for payouts with them recently and was going to message you. Glad you posted here. I've probably deposited $3,000 lifetime but hit a nice parlay for about $6000 not long ago. They lower the max bet on you when you hit and/or raise the juice and the rollover is a nightmare to clear. They absolutely hate anyone that wants a payout.
    I liked the book. They are cautious which is good for staying in business but they really know how to push away recreational players. Even a recreational player can go on streaks, it happens all the time.
    Agreed Crusher. I have wagered at least 100k there over the last 3 years and they never raised the juice on me. I would still be playing there if they hadn't done it. Good news is you will get paid. 4k is the max payout and it will probably take between 4-7 days using bitcoin.

Crusherrr

Yeah they don't have much patience when it comes to determining who is sharp and who isn't. I like the book and play at BetPhoenix too which owns Skybook I believe but they are quick to limit people on bonuses too and it traps a lot of players who were expecting to be able to wager $500 a game and get cut to $250 or even $50 in some cases I have heard.

ace7550

Skybook never cut my limits below $500. Have they cut yours below $500?

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10462

skybook cut my limits on every sport to $250.00

Crusherrr

Skybook never cut my limits below $500. Have they cut yours below $500?
    Before they cut my limits to $250 I would always deposit $300 and take the 100% or sometimes 200% bonus. I'd wager it all on one play. If I win then I'd have $900 or so (100%) and if I lost I'd deposit and take bonus again. Makes the most sense to give you a chance at clearing rollover a lot easier.

Once they cut me to $250 they won't give me a bonus unless I deposit $500 so they know I can't do that on one game only anymore.

Optional

I'm not sure about football. I usually bet baseball and once in a while tennis. -202/+162 is terrible as far as MLB is concerned. C'mon Opti just look at what any other reputable books are offering. It's easy to tell they jacked up the juice on me because the lines on SBR for skybook and the lines I saw on skybook used to match, now the lines I see on skybook are significantly higher.

I didn't say they were a scam. I didn't complain about how they graded bets. The odds they are offering me are a ripoff compared to other books. Especially when they were much better before I started winning.
    I'm not that guy whose first post is about how he got ripped off by some no name book or trashing an A rated book. I'm a legit poster who has been around for a couple years and has hundreds of posts.
    I'm just trying to be a responsible member of the SBR forum by warning other players about what Skybook does when you start winning.
    Just to be perfectly clear: Skybook is not a scam. Skybook will pay you in time. Skybook will also jack up the juice on you if you start winning.
    I guess I'll have to take this on the chin as being wrong. I rarely bet bases and it didn't seem so out of line to be called a ripoff to me. But now I know

ace7550

Before they cut my limits to $250 I would always deposit $300 and take the 100% or sometimes 200% bonus. I'd wager it all on one play. If I win then I'd have $900 or so (100%) and if I lost I'd deposit and take bonus again. Makes the most sense to give you a chance at clearing rollover a lot easier. Once they cut me to $250 they won't give me a bonus unless I deposit $500 so they know I can't do that on one game only anymore.
    That was similar to my strategy. I would deposit $500 and get $1000 in free play and than wager that on two big underdogs. Then they cut my bonus to 100% free play instead of 200%. And finally they upped my juice.
    They cut my bonuses after my second withdrawal. I think this is typical for most books. Once you make a withdrawal they identify you as a winner and cut back or all together stop offering bonuses.

donkstrike
    donkstrike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Bet Phoenix, Mania Skybook r all jokes and r all owned and run by same ppl. EOG Mike hates to pay ppl and 4-7 days for a bitcoin wd is a joke. Much better options out there. C is being generous. Thomas A. also known as Mike should shave his beard to lol

Crusherrr

Is HRWager owned by same group as Mania/BP/Sky?

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

That was similar to my strategy. I would deposit $500 and get $1000 in free play and than wager that on two big underdogs. Then they cut my bonus to 100% free play instead of 200%. And finally they upped my juice.
    They cut my bonuses after my second withdrawal. I think this is typical for most books. Once you make a withdrawal they identify you as a winner and cut back or all together stop offering bonuses.
    Pretty much this, especially at this family of books. I was betting European Basketball late at night/early morning because I was bored, a few years ago there. I went on a pretty good run with it. I could not name one player on any team in European Basketball, but because I was winning, they cut my limits on other sports, took away the free half point in NFL, took away free withdrawals, and labelled me as non recreational/sharp. It was nuts, because I ultimately lost it all back to them, but I never redeposited, as without the perks, there was no reason to.

ace7550

Is HRWager owned by same group as Mania/BP/Sky?
    I'm pretty sure they are.

Optional

I'm pretty sure they are.
    Unless something has changed this year HRwager is a standalone shop run by a bloke named George and not connected to BetPhoenix/Betmania/Skybook

oiisbr
    oiisbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Quote Originally Posted by BAUS View Post
    Pretty much impossible to bet into a 162/-202 MLB line if you have even one other shop funded.

You'd always get a better line than that at Betonline, probably something like 180/-192.

Skybook/Mania aren't a scam shop but it can be hard to say much good about them, other than they pay.

4 to 6 days is really poor for a Btc payout. C shop in my opinion.

BAUS
    Baus nailed it.

Skybook provide no value for anyone. They do pay, but other than that, there is always going to be a better option.

ace7550

Here is a pic of skybook and hrwager once you login...

Are these two different operations just using the same software? If the colors weren't different they would look damn near identical.

4nic8ing
    4nic8ing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I think they run off the same platform as a PPH office. I didn't see any pic above to confirm or not.