Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Ive requested a wire transfer for the first time ever, and they are requesting a swift code from my bank. They are saying I need to call my branch to get it? Is this normal process? Ive never heard of a swift code before and dont want to look dumb calling the bank asking for it.

Also, Im guessing I just fill in the address information for my local branch, as it's a large national bank?

Thanks in advance

Regul8er
    Wordd

Also, anyone who has used this method, how long does it typically take to grt approved and hit your account? I usually get checks within like 3 days, even though they say 10. Hoping this method is the same

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5068

Just google the swift code for you bank. Are you out of US?

Regul8er
    Wordd

Im in the US.
    Does each bank just have one swift code? Its not specific to the branch. Sorry guys, this is new to me.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8671

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Ive requested a wire transfer for the first time ever, and they are requesting a swift code from my bank. They are saying I need to call my branch to get it? Is this normal process? Ive never heard of a swift code before and dont want to look dumb calling the bank asking for it.

Also, Im guessing I just fill in the address information for my local branch, as it's a large national bank?

Thanks in advance
    Yes it's very normal. Needed by anyone wanting to receive an international wire.

You will find it on your bank website for sure.

Or search for it here https://www.ifscswiftcodes.com/SWIFT-Codes/

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks optional...Ill check that out.

And for bank address, do I just use local branch address? Dont want any hiccups on this payout.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8671

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Thanks optional...Ill check that out.

And for bank address, do I just use local branch address? Dont want any hiccups on this payout.
    I don't think it will matter really but you are supposed to use the institutions official address, usually the head office.

Citibank is 111 Wall St NY, no matter the branch for example.