boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Thinking of depositing at Bookmaker any advice from people who actually play there?

Football season is coming upon us and it's the only sport I bet. I need another book (already use Heritage and have since being transferred from The Greek). I like Heritage a lot but want to start spreading out more. Was never a big issue before because I could drive to Nevada in a few hours and make bets there in cash (which was a majority of my action). But it's a chore and I used most of my cash bank to help push the down payment on my recent house purchase to an acceptable 20%. So, I am starting over for the most part and honestly, it would be nice to eliminate my weekly Nevada turn arounds once my bank grows big enough to make it worth the trip. I notice a lot of you have multiple providers and that is the way I want to go (either that or move to Nevada which just ain't happening).

Thinking about Bookmaker. Don't see as many complaints about them as some others. I know a lot of people are juice and line chasers, but I care more about in order: dependability of withdrawals, limiting/collaring, ability to pound a bet when I feel like it and line posting timelines (earlier than most or later; the earlier the better in my opinion).

5Dimes might be my next book in a year or two but for now, I'm leaning heavily Bookmaker.

So, thoughts on Bookmaker from people who actually use them . . . go

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

It's top notch. The only problem is fees on withdrawals which you can offset by earning betpoints. They had a terrific bitcoin bonus last year so you might want to wait until closer to the start of the season because they are often late to come out with bonuses. You can also avoid fees on bitcoin withdrawals but then have to take the risk of losing more on the transfer.

boneheaded1

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    It's top notch. The only problem is fees on withdrawals which you can offset by earning betpoints. They had a terrific bitcoin bonus last year so you might want to wait until closer to the start of the season because they are often late to come out with bonuses. You can also avoid fees on bitcoin withdrawals but then have to take the risk of losing more on the transfer.
    Thanks BN. Not quite sure I'll be doing the bonus thing this time around due to rollover requirements. Always hard to tell where I stand (outside of inquiring with customer service). I include favorite moneylines in my betting mix quite regularly and most books from what I see (Heritage does this too) have different rules for what applies to the rollover requirements for moneyline bets. Usually, it's amount won rather than risked (if the moneyline bet is for the favorite) so that could really push out the time to rollover achievement. And since I only bet football, my time to achieve the requirements is limited.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Bookmaker is a fine book. It's full juice, you might as well take the bonus, I don't think their rollover is that high. Just keep track of your rollover in excel, takes 2 minutes a week. They take like 50,000+ on NFL games if you call in, so you can pound away. They post pretty early for nfl.

boneheaded1

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Bookmaker is a fine book. It's full juice, you might as well take the bonus, I don't think their rollover is that high. Just keep track of your rollover in excel, takes 2 minutes a week. They take like 50,000+ on NFL games if you call in, so you can pound away. They post pretty early for nfl.
    Thanks Water. That post almost gave me a woody.

fsutomahawk
    fsutomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1161

You can also just ask them how much you have left in the cashier chat in regards to rollover. Just don't be annoying asking about it every day and you should be fine.

Sobob99
    Sobob99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1234

Overall great site, I'm very satisfied. Just having an issue with them about 1 large wager I placed in Golf, but my other 99% of wagers have not had an issue

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

dimes is the best book out there for the U S. heritage is good but I don't think as good.

they are the only 2 books I would play at living in the U S.

plenty of other books worth looking at just not for me. and that includes bookmaker. had a payout problem with them years ago , plus the fees for book to book are insane along with assholes for management.

I never miss a chance to say bookmaker sucks

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Been betting there for 10 years. Great book. Solid as they come. You win you get paid. No bs.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Quote Originally Posted by fsutomahawk View Post
    You can also just ask them how much you have left in the cashier chat in regards to rollover. Just don't be annoying asking about it every day and you should be fine.
    You are a more trusting person than me. Plus I have had to correct them before on my rollover figure, it's better to keep track of it yourself, so there is no confusion. What are you going to say when a clerk accidentally puts another 10,000 of rollover on your account?

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

Good post. Why not take the bonus as you correctly suggest? The rollover is on deposit only---not deposit + bonus as every other Book does. Plus the betting limits are high there so really easy to complete the RO.

miltonschwartz
    miltonschwartz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Safest place to play for any recreational player in the USA in my opinion. I actually got an email from them the other day with a promotion code for a 100% bonus on a 300 dollar deposit. I think it was 20x rollover. I must be a total fukin square. I'll post the promotional code here if it's cool. I don't know the rules