TheCatMadeIt
    TheCatMadeIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Bookmaker over/under tennis choices are flipped - refuse to cancel bet

Hi,

I just tested betting on tennis on Bookmaker.eu. I placed an UNDER 22 bet on Berlocq - Baghdatis. On my bet slip, I thought the arrow was pointing in an odd direction so I canceled the bet and rechecked it, again making sure I chose UNDER 22 (odds were 1.9 for both so I couldn't know from them). Anyhow, I only place a bet of $10 since the arrow still seems odd and after checking my bet in open bets, it shows as an OVER bet.

I then check all tennis games. For each and every one of them my over/under bets are flipped, meaning if I pick the over bet, it will show as an under bet on my betslip. Had the odds been different, say 2.05 and 1.8, it would've been easy to spot the mistake, but since the odds were 1.9 for both I couldn't tell from that.

I immediately contacted support so the line hadn't dropped or anything. They say the wagering department might be able to cancel the bet, but the match starts before they're online. '

So, the question is whether or not I should know from the arrow thingy what my bet is. Obviously now I know what it means and can double check bets in the future. However, at the time of bet placement, in my opinion I should be able to trust that when I clearly choose an under bet, it is in fact an under bet. I also completely agree it would be my responsibility if the betslip clearly stated whether a bet is an under of over bet (in text). For what it's worth, Bookmaker claim the site is working fine so maybe this is only an issue on Google Chrome.

From Bookmaker's point of view I obviously understand that canceling bets is made extremely difficult as it could easily be abused. In this case however, when I double checked I had pick an under bet, I think the software error should allow canceling of the bet.

Thoughts?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Over/Under on Bagh v Berlocq match is working fine for me right now.