lukkor
    lukkor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Unibet - suspicious behaviour

Hello everyone.
    I decided to describe to you my recent dispute with unibet in order to warn you and ask for help.
    I opened a Unibet account on 30th of May 2017. I deposited and started playing. When I tried to withdraw I was asked to deliver copies of some documents; an ID document and a proof of my address for verification. I sent them the documents and on the 4th of June I received information that my documents passed the verification process. On the 6th of June I noticed on my account that the documents which they had previously accepted were rejected then. I was surprised and on the live chat I was told that they needed another proof of address and a picture of me holding my ID document next to my face. I sent them the documents and after a few days I was informed that my account had been locked and would not be reopened. It's really strange to me and I am afraid I became a victim of a scam.
    I filled the complaint form of SBR and I also wrote to Ecogra almost 2 weeks ago. No response from them till now.
    Does anyone have an idea what I should do now?
    Thanks you in advancy for any advice

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Did they give you any indication of the reason? Unibet usually will give a reason unless it's a reportable issue where their license conditions say they should not.

They are Malta regulated. A request for the MGA review the decision can be submitted here too: http://www.mga.org.mt/support/online-gaming-support/

lukkor
    lukkor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Thank you for your response.
    In addition to my previous post: they owe me about 17 000PLN (approx. 4 000EUR)

They didnt explain to me the reason of that decision. They only sent me an email saying that my account had been suspended due to some routine check on my account. On the live chat I was said that the account would not be reopened

tommir99
    tommir99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9148

Did you ever get your money back from unibet?

I had an account with unibet for a long time, about 16 or 17 years. Never had a problem until recently, when they wanted me to verify my account. I had to send a screenshot of skrill, passport, and a utility bill. For some reason they want skrill account to be verified. They did not accept my passport, but wanted another form of ID ?!

Had to send those multiple times, because they didn't either receive them or the emails were ignored. Every time it took a couple of days for them to get back to me.

I closed my account, but in order to get my money out of there, they still wanted me to verify my account. Fortunately I only had a few euros there, so they can keep it.

I haven't had this problem anywhere else. Too bad, unibet had some interesting promos but it's not worth going thru all that BS.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18977

I know this an old thread but for background information this company traded in the UK as Stan James until very recently. Outside of the big 3 UK books Stan James was pretty much a big name like Betfred, BetVictor, and PaddyPower. For legal reasons all the UK books have their online services based countries in Gibraltar and Malta. I don't know what the documentation problem was but people can be pretty darn sure Unibet isn't a scam like some of the companies that are mentioned in this forum.

ouzoun
    ouzoun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Unibet becomes problematic lately. I dont have an account as they locked it some years ago but a friend of mine told me they are not the best and he gets a better service and odds from bet365 and uncle William.

tommir99
    tommir99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9148

Well, I personally, never had a problem with them for over 16 years. I always thought unibet was one of the best ! Never any problems with deposits, withdrawals always fast, usually a few hours. They even process those on weekends.

When they suddenly, out of the blue, want you to verify your account, the opinion might change (I'm pretty sure btw, that my account was verified many years ago when I opened it). I remember once calling their customer service number when I forgot my password (that was back in 2002 or so).

You will have to have the patience of a saint. I sent different documents multiple times. Eventually, an english speaking person tells me that only one more document is still needed, and so I shall send it again. I thought, finally, my account is verified

The response, a couple of days later is a finnish speaking person tells me at least 3 more documents are needed, driver's licence being one of them because a picture of my passport is not good enough. It cannot be the quality of the image because it's very good, and they never even mentioned anything about poor quality. This whole thing went on for quite some time, and I thought it's better just to close the account, and put my time and energy (and money) into something else.