thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

GT Bets Kicks Me Out

I am a professional bettor but I did not bet much at GT Bets - I hit them for 3k with a future bet on Denver to win the super bowl last year and I had not used them for about a year and a half - I contacted them today to see if I could use them against since you can bet on teams to win the division in baseball which is hard to find and they pay fast - was told they did not want my action. How sad is a book kicking people out for 3k.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I am a professional bettor but I did not bet much at GT Bets - I hit them for 3k with a future bet on Denver to win the super bowl last year and I had not used them for about a year and a half - I contacted them today to see if I could use them against since you can bet on teams to win the division in baseball which is hard to find and they pay fast - was told they did not want my action. How sad is a book kicking people out for 3k.
    You should know better than to make a 3K bet at a bonus book. You have to try to keep your options available as long as possible. Have to keep the bets small or you lose your account. If it was a line unique to GT, it was worth it. If not, not such a great move.

thomorino

What are you talking about

Lol - are you joking - I did not bet 3k - they don't take 3k bets - I bet 300 dollars at 10/1 on Denver to win the super bowl. As I said book is a joke.

Buffalo Nickle

Lol - are you joking - I did not bet 3k - they don't take 3k bets - I bet 300 dollars at 10/1 on Denver to win the super bowl. As I said book is a joke.
    You win 3K, you are out. I took them for 6K. I am still in because I keep the bets small but no bonuses so who cares.

thomorino

Ridiculous

If they are going to kick you out for betting a $300 future wager at 10-1 they are a joke - I didn't bet to win 10k.

Buffalo Nickle

If they are going to kick you out for betting a $300 future wager at 10-1 they are a joke - I didn't bet to win 10k.
    It's a bonus book. Get a clue.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    It's a bonus book. Get a clue.
    I got a better bonus with betdsi 2 months ago give me a break.

Buffalo Nickle

I got a better bonus with betdsi 2 months ago give me a break.
    There you go. Keep moving along until you reach the end.

thomorino

Again, joke, I have been betting for 10 years - this is the only book that has kicked me out.

Buffalo Nickle

Again, joke, I have been betting for 10 years - this is the only book that has kicked me out.
    Don't let it be the last.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

A lot of people have been booted from this book for winning. Happened to me a few years ago for winning four $500 bets in a row. There are better places to bet anyway- fuk em

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

These two statements are kind of contradictory!

Every genuine "professional bettor" should understand the multitude of reasons this can happen, and only a raw newbie should be so shocked that it happens at all.

It's a bit of a weird 'compliment' to be booted if it's for being sharp. It's an admission you are too good at this game for them.

But we don't really know why you were booted anyway. Books don't give accounts to people they are suspicious of for other reasons as well.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You are just too good sir, move along.

GTBets Financial Manager
    Benjamin Dover
    Last edited by jtoler; 06-25-17 at 08:09 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    What is your definition of a professional gambler.
    Technically, someone who generates a significant % of their income from it.

Casually, someone who knows how not to lose consistently so they can sustain betting in the long term.

Certainly someone who isn't shocked to learn that books boot people after 10 years of "professional betting".

thomorino

I know they booted me because of my winnings - I don't arbitrage or bet bad lines - the point of the post is not to brag but to point out how sad it is to boot a player for winning three thousand dollars.

As far as a contradiction - what is the contradiction between being a professional bettor who has bet for 10 years and being surprised a reputable book would kick someone out for winning 3k - are you need of help with the defintion of that word.

Final point - I can't stand how stupid some books are -if you think a bettor is really that sharp then use them to move the lines - good books with strict limits should welcome sharp bettors to move their lines.
    Last edited by thomorino; 06-25-17 at 09:34 PM.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Final point - I can't stand how stupid some books are -if you think a bettor is really that sharp then use them to move the lines - good books with strict limits should welcome sharp bettors to move their lines.
    Pinnacle does this perfectly. Most others follow the Pinnacle movements. If you don't have enough volume on smaller lines, following that tactic on your own as a book is a recipe for disaster. You'd need hundreds of sharp accounts for this to be effective.

I doubt very much you are a pro if you don't know this stuff.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no such thing as a pro bettor

Pro bettor= bet bad lines mostly and take back on other side

thomorino

[QUOTE=Alfa1234;27050776]Pinnacle does this perfectly. Most others follow the Pinnacle movements. If you don't have enough volume on smaller lines, following that tactic on your own as a book is a recipe for disaster. You'd need hundreds of sharp accounts for this to be effective.

Are you not able to read my post - I do know this which is why I'm disappointed GT Bets doesn't do the same. By bad lines I mean that the line was a computer error -not a line with value - come on read first.

Buffalo Nickle

Bonus books are bonus books. They are bonus books for a reason. They want to collect a bunch of average bettors and lure them in with free money and have them bust out. They are operating on the cheap. It is a very basic and effective strategy but a dangerous one as well.

They don't want to have an entire staff of analysts that move lines based on sharp accounts. That is what the major books do and they don't give out big bonuses because they don't have a bunch of average bettors to rely on being profitable.

It has never happened. It not going to start happening. It will never happen.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

[QUOTE=thomorino;27051261]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    Pinnacle does this perfectly. Most others follow the Pinnacle movements. If you don't have enough volume on smaller lines, following that tactic on your own as a book is a recipe for disaster. You'd need hundreds of sharp accounts for this to be effective.

Are you not able to read my post - I do know this which is why I'm disappointed GT Bets doesn't do the same. By bad lines I mean that the line was a computer error -not a line with value - come on read first.
    Maybe you should read first and not just comment on half my post. The reason GT Bets doesn't do "the same" is in the line you just quoted. I'm amazed you don't get that part of it.

thomorino

I am well aware of what pinnacle, betdsi, and the big books do. I am talking about my experience.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Most books prefer casual or recreational players

I won 2k from them couple years back only betting 20-30 a game , I'm welcome there

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

They are not down with sharp professionals. My limits got lowered to $20 after a short time there.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15781

My big question is why is it most every time the aggrieved party has <50 posts?

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

I won more than that from them and only thing they did was lower my reload to 5%. Since you only did a futures bet, I suspect they have info on you from other books that you are an unprofitable player. I won a lot there but overall I'm far from a professional so they didn't cut me off, no book ever has lol I'm a degen. That sucks if books are sharing player profiles, screws pros and semi pros making it much harder to grind out a profit. I could be wrong about them sharing but hard to see one futures bet scaring them away from your action when others won much more and they still welcome them back.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    I won more than that from them and only thing they did was lower my reload to 5%. Since you only did a futures bet, I suspect they have info on you from other books that you are an unprofitable player. I won a lot there but overall I'm far from a professional so they didn't cut me off, no book ever has lol I'm a degen. That sucks if books are sharing player profiles, screws pros and semi pros making it much harder to grind out a profit. I could be wrong about them sharing but hard to see one futures bet scaring them away from your action when others won much more and they still welcome them back.
    They definitely share info. BOL denied me a bonus once because of my bet size and it was nowhere close to what I had bet at BOL.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

IM up about 3g there from 3-5 years ago.I still have 300 there but the most I can play is $10

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

OP is lying.

GTBets does not offer divisional MLB futures.

AL/NL/WS only.

Anyone with a GTBets account can log on and see this for themselves.
    Last edited by Snowball; 06-27-17 at 03:56 PM.

thomorino

Lol dude are you kidding me - gtbets puts up divisonal futures and pulls them down - every book does this . Topbet has divisional futures too - they pull the lines down because they take time to change them. Topbet's divisonal futures are down right now too - they will be up tomorrow. Your a clown.

On an slightly more interesting note - I did make other bets their besides the futures bet and I won more than I lost but nothing that was significant this was one of several books I used.

thomorino

ddd
    Last edited by thomorino; 06-27-17 at 06:41 PM. Reason: repeat

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

This book is a complete joke

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Lol dude are you kidding me - gtbets puts up divisonal futures and pulls them down - every book does this . Topbet has divisional futures too - they pull the lines down because they take time to change them. Topbet's divisonal futures are down right now too - they will be up tomorrow. Your a clown.

On an slightly more interesting note - I did make other bets their besides the futures bet and I won more than I lost but nothing that was significant this was one of several books I used.
    topbet? they are in bed sharing business and platform and "customer service with F ranked oddsmaker who steals and does not pay . why do you even log in there?

as a pro what is your list of offshore books you like?

thomorino

Try I haven't deposited at topbet in 3 years but I do have a balance their that is small because i like betting divionsal futures - I have been paid by them every time I've made a request - althought I have not made any requests in the last 7 months when some have reported problems.

My favorite book is betdsi - quickest payouts. I also use bovada and like the overnight lines with betonline. Occassionally I'll take advantage of bonuses at book like skybook - which I think is legit since they were bought by betphoenix.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Try I haven't deposited at topbet in 3 years but I do have a balance their that is small because i like betting divionsal futures - I have been paid by them every time I've made a request - althought I have not made any requests in the last 7 months when some have reported problems.

My favorite book is betdsi - quickest payouts. I also use bovada and like the overnight lines with betonline. Occassionally I'll take advantage of bonuses at book like skybook - which I think is legit since they were bought by betphoenix.
    Being a pro, I need your advice on how to not get limited. I got limited to 100 max bets at DSI in like 2 weeks of betting. How do you stay under the radar.

thomorino

Yeah waters, that's not really my expertise - I don't think people are limited based on winning or losing percentage - I think its more how much you win or lose. Obviously a book like betdsi will probably not cut your limits unless your betting more than a couple thousand a game. Obviously it depends on the sport too - if you betting the NFL you can obviously bet bigger without hurt them because of the liquidity then if your betting MLB or NBA where the books have more of an issue balancing their book.

1234 Last