TheCatMadeIt
    TheCatMadeIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Bookmaker.eu game incorrectly canceled

I bet on Roccat+1.5 - Fnatic played 21:00 EST the 15th of June and the game ended 2-1 Roccat. Several hours after the game (how long exactly I don't know as I was sleeping) the bet had been graded as canceled. On support, Bookmaker say they use http://esportlivescore.com/d_2017-06...oflegends.html for all results, and initially a Roccat - Fnatic game there was canceled. However, this game refers to the EU challenger series and was never going to happen and I'm guessing only shows on the site as someone input the wrong league (challenger instead of championship). Right now, below that game, you can see the corrected result which shows Roccat won 2-1 and the league is the Championship series. Furthermore, esportlivescore is NOT an official LoL site but https://eu.lolesports.com/en/schedule#tab=results is, and there you can (only) see the correct result of the match. The official result can also be confirmed on either team's fb page.

Bookmaker.eu claims they stand by the first posted result on esportlivescore and even though the correct result has now been posted there, won't pay out on the bet. From a moral point of view, this seems questionable as they only canceled the bet way after it had ended and I'm not sure had the bet gone the other way my stake would have been returned.

I am naturally biased, but in my opinion any wrongly graded bet should be corrected, especially when the time frame involved can be counted in hours. I could understand this method if the result was changed after a week and they had already paid out on the winning bets but that's not the case here. That bookmaker.eu uses an unofficial random site for their grading - which by the way quite often shows incorrect results - seems odd and is a whole separate issue, but it is what it is. For what it's worth, Pinnacle correctly graded the game.

Do I have a case against bookmaker and if I do, what can I do?
    Last edited by TheCatMadeIt; 06-16-17 at 09:42 AM.

TheCatMadeIt
    TheCatMadeIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Damn that was quick.

Ok, not sure if this post had anything to do with it, but the game has now been correctly graded and I have been paid. While I was initially disappointed with how the issue was handled on live chat, I thank bookmaker for rectifying the situation.

We move on.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993419

Thanks for letting us know this was resolved.