latino61992
    latino61992's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1570

Bitcoin deposit delay

About 6 hours ago I sent my deposit to 5dimes with blockchain. I've down this many times and the most I've waited was 2 hours. It's been 6 hours now and on blockchain it still shows unconfirmed. 5dimes keeps telling me there's nothing they can do. Until blockchain confirms the transaction. Is there anything I can do on my end? Anything I can do to avoid this in the future and get faster deposits. Is there a better wallet to use than blockchain? I tried the accelorater but it keeps telling me to try again later.

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7946

Next time use this site https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
    to change the fee so that you can get a quick confirmation. Never just go with the standard fee that the wallet tells you; it always changes depending on how many transactions. Probably just have to wait if accelerator is full; I think you can keep checking it, but not sure as I haven't had to use it.

latino61992

Quote Originally Posted by craigpb View Post
    Next time use this site https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
    to change the fee so that you can get a quick confirmation. Never just go with the standard fee that the wallet tells you; it always changes depending on how many transactions. Probably just have to wait if accelerator is full; I think you can keep checking it, but not sure as I haven't had to use it.
    I Keep trying the accelerator but it keeps telling me try again later. Is there anything else I can do? This really sucks I wanted the money to bet on a 145 game and missed it now I'm about to miss the night games.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

One trick you can try is sending another transaction out with a very high fee...I have done this in past when one is stuck and it seems to help as the miners want the high fee trans but have to take the smaller fee In order to process it...

latino61992

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    One trick you can try is sending another transaction out with a very high fee...I have done this in past when one is stuck and it seems to help as the miners want the high fee trans but have to take the smaller fee In order to process it...
    What do you mean by this? Do you mean take the address 5dimes gave me? And send them more money? How much do you do the second time around?

arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3140

latino, I also exeprience delays with Blockchain (not for gambling), can you please let me know if yours has been processed eventually?

nymfan99
    nymfan99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

I have a transaction pending for over 48 hours.

latino61992

Got it confirmed 11 hours later. I'm not sure if this helped but I did end up sending like 1 dollar more to the address 5dimes gave me and just added more fees to it. An hour later the money was in my account I have no idea if that helped but I got the money now

nymfan99

I just tried this, I sent $1 with $1, also I sent the original transaction with .30 cent higher fee as that's what I read so I increased the fee on the initial transfer.

latino61992

Quote Originally Posted by nymfan99 View Post
    I just tried this, I sent $1 with $1, also I sent the original transaction with .30 cent higher fee as that's what I read so I increased the fee on the initial transfer.
    did it work?

nymfan99

I sent it about 1.5 hours ago, the new deposit went through however the original one is still pending.

arie1985

Blockchain replied to me as follows about recent delayed transactions from May 14:

The bitcoin mempool is currently backlogged, which is causing a delay with transaction confirmations. You can follow it live on this chart, which shows all pending bitcoin transactions on the bitcoin network - https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-count. This is impacting the entire bitcoin network, not just Blockchain.info.
    An unconfirmed transaction will eventually be accepted into a block by whichever mining pool mines the block, or the transaction will eventually be rejected by the bitcoin network after an estimated one to seven days. If it eventually is rejected, then the funds would remain at the bitcoin address they were sent from. The only thing you can do at this point is to wait and see if the transaction is accepted into a block. Like all wallet providers, Blockchain.info has absolutely no control over this, and cannot expedite transactions. This is always dependent upon the bitcoin network of miners, which we are not a part of.
    Blockchain.info wallets utilize dynamic fees. The following link explains how this works - https://blog.blockchain.com/2016/03/...-dynamic-fees/.
    -----
    Jade | Blockchain.info Support

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by latino61992 View Post
    What do you mean by this? Do you mean take the address 5dimes gave me? And send them more money? How much do you do the second time around?
    No I would not do that as many times the address that the non exclusive btc books give is one time use only...Send it to anyone it doesn't matter but put a high fee on it...The miners see the big fee and want BUT must also take the unconfirmed lower fee one your waiting for in same block thats only way they can process and get the bigger fee..But all the transaction have to be tied into the same deposit or it wont work I believe

nymfan99

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    No I would not do that as many times the address that the non exclusive btc books give is one time use only...Send it to anyone it doesn't matter but put a high fee on it...The miners see the big fee and want BUT must also take the unconfirmed lower fee one your waiting for in same block thats only way they can process and get the bigger fee..But all the transaction have to be tied into the same deposit or it wont work I believe
    Oh, I used same address, I tried new one now.

littlekona

put them both into https://www.blockonomics.co/ see what it says for time

nymfan99

I see my confirmed transaction but not unconfirmed

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

I send all my transactions with a $1 fee. I've never had it not confirmed in under 20 mins.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by latino61992 View Post
    Got it confirmed 11 hours later. I'm not sure if this helped but I did end up sending like 1 dollar more to the address 5dimes gave me and just added more fees to it. An hour later the money was in my account I have no idea if that helped but I got the money now
    He meant for you to send the second transaction just to yourself. (make a new receive address in your blockchain account)

I can see Littekona's logic with this, and it sure cant hurt to try, but honestly I don't think it's going to work the way he is hoping. (but I could be wrong)

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

200k unconfirmed.. im on my 5th hour.. ridiculous that if you try to deposit to a book before noon you may not get it there before the 7pm games

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Up to 205600+, but the fee pool is low. Does that mean that low fee transactions are just not being processed at all, since the total outstanding transactions have gone up, but the fee pool has gone down?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Up to 205600+, but the fee pool is low. Does that mean that low fee transactions are just not being processed at all, since the total outstanding transactions have gone up, but the fee pool has gone down?
    Anything sent with less than 180 satoshis/byte is saying infinity until confirmed right now

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

I have a transaction pending for over 48 hours.
    If your wallet is at Blockchain.info (or any other wallet that lets you choose your own fees), it's easy to 'cut' to the front of the confirmations line by choosing higher fees (a tiny amount of cash paid to the miners who run the blockchain confirmation system).

The specifics for how to do this at Blockchain.info, are as follows: on their Withdrawal form, click "Advanced." On that page, double or triple Blockchain's recommended fees (doubling or tripling a near zero number is still a near zero number), then tell Blockchain to go blow itself when it complains you're sending "too much" in fees, confirm, and -- bang -- your BTC's wherever you want it in 15 minutes.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    200k unconfirmed.. im on my 5th hour.. ridiculous that if you try to deposit to a book before noon you may not get it there before the 7pm games
    I know, the number's are getting crazy. Sooner or later they're going to have to hard fork w/ Bitcoin Unlimited. SegWit's a bandaid, at best.

I think we should just hard fork now. I know people are afraid, but my guess is a month after the HF the total value of ppl's BU + BCC tokens would exceed the pre fork total, anyhow. Plus, no scaling issues to worry about, ever again.

wcb231
    wcb231's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    I send all my transactions with a $1 fee. I've never had it not confirmed in under 20 mins.
    That's not always failsafe though. I did a transaction three hours ago with a $1.19 fee and somehow the transaction came out to be almost 500 bites large so the fee came out to like 149 per byte and now I'm boned while this delay is happening

arie1985

Just spoke to Changer.com about this - guys, we are in crazy times - read below:

Hi Arie,

Bitcoin is over its capacity, simply put.

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

There are over 200,000+ Unconfirmed Transactions in the network at this moment. I have never seen such a high number.

--
    Regards,
    Changer.com Support
    support@changer.com
    https://www.changer.com

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yeah, I used a $1.21 fee but the transfer resulted in 10 outputs and 1517 bytes resulting in 46 sat/b..............already on 17 hours and expecting much longer.....my last 20 transfers all had 226 bytes or so, not sure what happened here.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

tried the accelerator for first time at 6:00 am and received 1st confirmation at 6:20 am....normally a skeptical person, I don't believe this was a coincidence.

Rod Tidwell
    Rod Tidwell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

quick question. i have funds going from coinbase to my bank account. (bitcoin to dollars). I placed these order about 10 days ago, still no funds in my account this morning. no response via coinbase CS either.

would this "over capacity" situation effect my type of transaction? I'm far from a bitcoin expert, but somewhere in the bitcoin universe I'm out 25k and would love to know where it is. thanks for any insight.

nymfan99

what kind of fee should I attach to a 1600 USD transaction to make sure it goes through quick?

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I sent btc from my blockchain to coinbase 40 hours ago and it's still "pending" with coinbase, 0 confirmations.

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10450

20 hours and my deposit still unconfirmed through blockchain

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Is it ok to send straight from bookmaker to localbitcoins and skip blockcchain?

nymfan99

I put a $5 fee on a 1600 USD transaction. No confirms

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I put a $5 fee on a 1600 USD transaction. No confirms
    How long ago?

nymfan99