Craig22
    Craig22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

any good Books to bet on Squash for U.S. Punters?

Bet365 and William Hill are number 1 from what I've heard, but unfortunately my country will not let me make an account on there.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

What the hell is squash? Isn't that some type of vegetable or something? I doubt any U.S books offer it. I never even knew it was a sport.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

I like squash cooked with onions. Also my mom used to make a squash casserole with sausage.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

You guys wont eat pumpkin but do eat squash? Weird.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

squash. Lmao

Craig22
    Craig22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    What the hell is squash? Isn't that some type of vegetable or something? I doubt any U.S books offer it. I never even knew it was a sport.
    Lol.

themike78

I'm actually being serious. I have never heard of the sport. What is it?

themike78

Ok I googled it and other than pics of vegetables it showed 2 guys playing what looked like raquetball. At least that's what we call it in the U.S. I really can't imagine any books offering wagers on this. It's like something you play at the local gym. People really bet on this?

Optional

Ok I googled it and other than pics of vegetables it showed 2 guys playing what looked like raquetball. At least that's what we call it in the U.S. I really can't imagine any books offering wagers on this. It's like something you play at the local gym. People really bet on this?
    It's big in British Commonwealth associated countries. UK, India, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong etc.

I think RacketBall is a bit of a slower/easier version.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18977

Not sure why you'd want to bet on it. A few small wins would be a sure way to get your account closed and end up on a blacklist. I'm from a squash playing family and I never bet on the sport once.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

I'm actually being serious. I have never heard of the sport. What is it?
    Americans really need to broaden their horizons!

According to the World Squash Federation, as of June 2009, there were 49908 squash courts in the world, with 188 countries and territories having at least one court. England had the greatest number at 8,500. The other countries with more than 1,000 courts, in descending order by number were Germany, Egypt, the United States of America, Australia, South Africa, Canada, Malaysia, France, the Netherlands, and Spain. Today, The United States has the fastest growing squash participation. There are an estimated 20 million squash players worldwide.

The first squash court in North America appeared at St. Paul's School in Concord, New Hampshire in 1884. In 1904 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the earliest national association of squash in the world was formed as the United States Squash rackets Association, (USSRA), now known as U.S. Squash.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Americans really need to broaden their horizons!

According to the World Squash Federation, as of June 2009, there were 49908 squash courts in the world, with 188 countries and territories having at least one court. England had the greatest number at 8,500. The other countries with more than 1,000 courts, in descending order by number were Germany, Egypt, the United States of America, Australia, South Africa, Canada, Malaysia, France, the Netherlands, and Spain. Today, The United States has the fastest growing squash participation. There are an estimated 20 million squash players worldwide.

The first squash court in North America appeared at St. Paul's School in Concord, New Hampshire in 1884. In 1904 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the earliest national association of squash in the world was formed as the United States Squash rackets Association, (USSRA), now known as U.S. Squash.
    This is fake news. I have lived all over the United States and if somebody asked me to name a squash court location I would not be able to do it. Actually the town I grew up in I think the local gym had a raquetball court. Other than that I have no idea where to find one. More than 1000 courts? I think that number is more close to ten. As far as squash players in the U.S I have never heard of any. Like I said this is fake news. 20 millions squash players? Give me a break that number is more close to 200 squash players.

Optional

This is fake news. I have lived all over the United States and if somebody asked me to name a squash court location I would not be able to do it. Actually the town I grew up in I think the local gym had a raquetball court. Other than that I have no idea where to find one. More than 1000 courts? I think that number is more close to ten. As far as squash players in the U.S I have never heard of any. Like I said this is fake news. 20 millions squash players? Give me a break that number is more close to 200 squash players.
    USA had the first official organizing body for Squash in the world and was pushing hard for it in the olympics at one stage.

And here's a list of about 2000 different clubs and probably 5 or 6 thousand courts https://www.ussquash.com/participate/find-a-club/

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Don't worry about it mate. You'd not be alone. Even your President would no doubt be at least equally as clueless.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Answer inside

Call your congressman

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Squash is more popular in the NE part of the US. Upper-crust types who also like rowing, lacrosse, etc.

Fraser and Niles Crane used to play it together. That should give you an idea.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Squash is more popular in the NE part of the US. Upper-crust types who also like rowing, lacrosse, etc.

Fraser and Niles Crane used to play it together. That should give you an idea.
    Lol. Now that I think of it they did play it in that show. I grew up playing hockey squash not my thing but apparently 100 million Americans are playing it so I guess I am the minority.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 857

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Don't worry about it mate. You'd not be alone. Even your President would no doubt be at least equally as clueless.
    Squash is far too classy a game for this crowd. Don't waste your keystrokes.