tristan
    Update your status
    tristan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Pinnacle increased its margin on basketball???

Am i dreaming or did Pinnacle increase its margin on basketball ??? Margin remained the same for the biggest leagues, but for other smaller leagues they increased their margin : when they proposed 1.925/1.925 in the past (that was true again 2 days ago), they now propose 1.909/1.909 ?? Is it a Pinnacle new policy?? Their low margin has always been their main advantage, what made them so attractive compared with other bookmakers, but for many basketball matches i can now see 1.92/1.92 on bookmakers such as SBOBET, Maxbet...when Pinnacle only proposes 1.909/1.909 now?? Did you notice the same?

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

I'm not sure actually...I bet a lot of basketball and from what I can see the only leagues that have that bigger margin are very, very small leagues like the Bulgarian league, Swiss league etc. Any somewhat decent sized league like even the Finnish Korisliiga still has the standard juice.

I gotta say, from the movements I often see in those leagues, that they were probably getting hit quite hard and were probably losing money at times. I'd much rather have them increase their juice a little bit instead of voiding bets because of "irregular betting patterns"...

The moves are sometimes incredible. Just a few days ago I saw the line for the Levski VS Lukoil game move from about -18.5 to -32.5 only to move back to about -22.5 right before the game.

tristan
    Update your status

Yes as i said before that doesn't concern big leagues but only smaller leagues. But Pinnacle's offer is mainly made of these "smaller" leagues ! Let's have a look right now for example: Pinnacle proposes exactly basketball matches for 23 different leagues. On these 23 leagues, 16 are concerned by the increasement of margin ! That's a fact, "smaller" league are a very big part of Pinnacle's offer, and therefore they increased their margin on most of matches ! I 'm looking at odds today and i can see almost 1.909/1.909 everywhere, when i could see 1.925 in the past ! Many customers apprecreciated Pinnacle because they very often offered the best odds, but now they increase their margin and better odds can be found on other bookmakers, things may change...

Alfa1234

Well, those are the markets that have huge movements all the time. I can understand they want to increase their margin a bit there as mentioned above. I'd much rather have them increased their margin and keep the markets profitable for them than stop offering them altogether or keep the initial "micky mouse" opening line limits longer.

I've often noticed that they decrease the limits again when a big move is happening. Today however, there was a big move on the Oradea Vs Timisoara game (line went from about 11.5 to 18) and I didn't see decreased limits while the line was steaming, in fact they increased the limits while the move was going on.

Maybe that's how they compensate the bigger margin to their users? You can bet a higher limit at a slightly lower line, but the line drops obviously less after a bet because the limit was higher in the first place. I'll keep an eye out and check other games if there's another big move to try and confirm this.

tristan
    Update your status

Yes you're right Alfa, i have noticed too that limits have been increased while margin has increased too. The increasement of limits is good news, but to be honest that has no real interest now that odds are worse: the more odds are good the more you want to place big bets and need big limits, but when odds are worse, you will bet smaller amounts, so that increasement of the limits has no real interest considering the worse odds they offer now that they have increased their margin.

tristan
    Update your status

Very good point by the way Alfa when saying "I've often noticed that they decrease the limits again when a big move is happening". I observed the same. That can be very annoying sometimes, but obviously that's a way for them to "control" the market

Alfa1234

That depends on the total amount you want to get on a game. I often want to put 1k on a game and if it has 50€ limits, my average odd will actually be lower than the average odd I get now when the limits are 2x or 3x what they were before. It probably evens out but if you place smaller bets only you will lose money because of it.

tristan
    Update your status

After some days i can say now that the increasment of margin doesn't concern only small leagues in basketball , that concerns all leagues except some very very rare leagues such as NBA i think. Indeed, for all leagues whose odds were 1.943 / 1.943, odds are now 1.925/1.925 ! And as i said before for leagues whose odds were 1.925/1.925 odds are now 1.909/1.909. Pinnacle aren't anymore leaders of bookmakers in terms of odds now! How possible is it they decided to increase their margin that way?? I believed their model/system was such that they could offer the best odds ??It seems things changed...

zikko
    zikko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

This decrease of odds is a real disaster. Only the NBA and the Euroleague were not affected. It must also be said that the site Pinbet88 is a big shit. Pinnacle has become a weak bookmaker who deserves no more C. I am very disappointed by Pinnacle.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Pinnacle are A+++ mate simples.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pinnacle lost a lot of volume on smaller sports due to Country restrictions

zikko

It is very sad to see all these 1.909/1.909...

zikko

So sad...

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

It's -114 on NBA in-running. Low margin book my ass.