ucbearcats1027
    ucbearcats1027's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Bitcoin double spend?

I requested a payout today via bitcoin and it's been unconfirmed for 3 hours and it says warning this is a double spend. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transaction from this user. What does this mean? Should I notify the book?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by ucbearcats1027 View Post
    I requested a payout today via bitcoin and it's been unconfirmed for 3 hours and it says warning this is a double spend. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transaction from this user. What does this mean? Should I notify the book?
    Yes you should let the book know.

It means some part of the bitcoins you have been sent have also been sent to another address.

ucbearcats1027

Thanks I messaged them and they said "this is normal, give it time". lol I never had this happen. I'll give it till tomorrow but guessing it won't ever get confirmed

Optional

Thanks I messaged them and they said "this is normal, give it time". lol I never had this happen. I'll give it till tomorrow but guessing it won't ever get confirmed
    LOL... wonder if they would call it normal if you sent btc them that came up with that message

But, the system will eventually clear the double spend thing and you either will get the coins or they will be cancelled. At which point the book will be able to see that has happened from the blockchain record and will pay you again.

Could not even guess how long it might take. Hopefully soon for you.

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

hey optional- i had the same exact thing happen to me at heritage today, and now the bitcoin has disappeared from my wallet, and its not back in my sports book.. heritage is saying wait till the morning.. how should i handle this

ucbearcats1027

Yes mine is from same and it disappeared as well now which means it was canceled. They must of messed something up with them all today. I'm sure they will fix tomorrow.

chosen4th

Yes mine is from same and it disappeared as well now which means it was canceled. They must of messed something up with them all today. I'm sure they will fix tomorrow.
    Ucbear- your issue with heritage?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    hey optional- i had the same exact thing happen to me at heritage today, and now the bitcoin has disappeared from my wallet, and its not back in my sports book.. heritage is saying wait till the morning.. how should i handle this
    Sounds like Heritage know about it. They probably just need to wait until a bitcoin expert comes in for work at a guess.

ucbearcats1027

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    Ucbear- your issue with heritage?
    Yeah

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Same here. Heritage w/d was there pending with 0 confirmations, now it disappeared like it never was there. Never had that happen before,nor knew it was possible to reverse or cancel a btc trans

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Same here. Heritage w/d was there pending with 0 confirmations, now it disappeared like it never was there. Never had that happen before,nor knew it was possible to reverse or cancel a btc trans

If you send some bitcoin with a fee lower than the minimum ratio, so it isn't picked up by a miner and written to the blockchain record very fast, then resend the same btc a few seconds later to yourself with a proper size fee. Then, if the 2nd transaction gets picked up first (as would be expected with the fee levels), the original transaction is cancelled once it hits the blockchain.

There is a publicly available script to do this floating around.

Unless the victim is some sort of company that honors transactions with zero confirmations, or does not monitor their btc wallets properly and do not notice the network warning and reversal, then it's really not much use to anyone apart from script kiddies trying to be vandalistic.

Chances are someone tried to do this to Heritage and they happened to use those deposited funds to pay people before the bad tx hit the blockchain.

chosen4th

I wish Betcoin had a better interface on their site, their payouts are never an issue, usually under an hour.. heritage is just such a great site

rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

in a situation like this ive heard of books actually saying "we sent it, we did our part, nothing we can do if you didn't receive it"

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    in a situation like this ive heard of books actually saying "we sent it, we did our part, nothing we can do if you didn't receive it"
    It's definitely the books fault and can be proven. Just make sure that you keep a record of the bitcoin address that you told them to pay. SBR can easily track it.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'd be so pissed off. Wow.

Books can't even get a simple Bitcoin transaction payout request down properly now? Jesus.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Same thing happened to me yesterday on a deposit. It cleared up within a few hours.

chosen4th

this still isnt cleared up.. my withdraw was for $1500 so im really hoping this doesnt turn into a messy situation

chosen4th

ok so the bitcoin is now in my wallet at blockchain, and im trying to move it to coinbase and its not letting me, saying that the money is already spent? so now im contacting blockchain to find out whats going on

Heritage Insider
    Heritage Insider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19934

Bitcoin

We have recognized an issue related to our sending wallet. We are working with the provider to source what the issue is.

All transactions were sent within our same day commitment and we saw all the transactions pending at the close of business last night. Some were confirmed and others did not get confirmed.

We use the dynamic fee's as advised by our provider to ensure the transactions are confirmed in a timely manner.

We have records of those that were confirmed and those that weren't. We are monitoring this closely and will continue to make sure that all clients receive their btc.

Appreciate the patience as we work to resolve this.

Insider!

hello1234567
    hello1234567's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2222

Sent money from Blockchain to Bitpay 6 hours ago with a higher fee, still zero confirmations. Delaying again.

chosen4th

Blockchain is horrible for wallets.. my money hit my blockchain wallet but I can't do anything with it and their customer support reps are like dealing with idiots

ucbearcats1027

Received my payout today. Heritage fixed the issue first thing this morning. So nice dealing with a book that is fast and keeps you in the loop.

Optional

Received my payout today. Heritage fixed the issue first thing this morning. So nice dealing with a book that is fast and keeps you in the loop.
    Good news

Everyone else paid properly now too?

Heritage Insider
    Heritage Insider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19934

Bitcoin

Here is the crux of the problem.

We have made several inquiries and are doing everything we can, but it looks like it boils down to traffic issues.

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Hopefully, things will pickup soon and we appreciate everyone's patience and we hope things get back to normal asap.

Insider!