HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

BetMania Warning---Stay Away!

Sent $1000 to Mania about 3 weeks ago. I bet their -108 lines and free 1/2 point during happy hour (5-6 Eastern M-F). Nearly busted 10 days ago with my balance at $200, but then steadily grew it to just over $3k today.

Without notice, the free 1/2 point was removed. Called to tell them their was a problem with their system, only to get into a bitch session with a line manager named Ron. The guy makes Tony of 5-Dimes seem like a girl scout. He threatened to slow pay me--just because he could!

Long story short, his boss Fred Davis called me back and insured that I will get paid--$2000 this month and the rest next. Great save on his part, but this is a chicken shit Book that should be avoided.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

what 2k this month and then the rest next month

we cant have this shit with good books.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Not good to hear

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    what 2k this month and then the rest next month

we cant have this shit with good books.
    They originally wanted 4 months to pay off the $3400 they owe me. "BM" is a shit book (pardon the pun).

BigDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    They originally wanted 4 months to pay off the $3400 they owe me. "BM" is a shit book (pardon the pun).

why do they need 4 months what reason was given?

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL BetPhoenix is a partner with them

HedgeHog

why do they need 4 months what reason was given?
    Because I told the line manager Ron to F-off at the end of our conversation.

BigDaddy

Because I told the line manager Ron to F-off at the end of our conversation.
    that is a horrible excuse.

he can close the account and pay you on your way out but to tell you 4 months because he can LOL! they need to exit the post up business then.

you are not the type of poster to make shit up so this thread is really a red flag.

this whole group has tightened the screws lately and it isn't looking good.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

All these BP affiliated books are coming up short

HedgeHog

that is a horrible excuse.

you are not the type of poster to make shit up so this thread is really a red flag.

this whole group has tightened the screws lately and it isn't looking good.
    Full disclosure: Mania's Fred Davis did call me back to offer 2k this week and the rest in 30 days. Both payouts will be free of charge, but I still think I was dicked around.

BigDaddy

Full disclosure: Mania's Fred Davis did call me back to offer 2k this week and the rest in 30 days. Both payouts will be free of charge, but I still think I was dicked around.

why 30 days

you should be able to get the 1st 2k free then pay $50 for the balance.

30 days you going to accept that?

HedgeHog

why 30 days

you should be able to get the 1st 2k free then pay $50 for the balance.

30 days you going to accept that?
    That may be an option. The Ron guy wanted to charge me $50 for four monthly withdrawals, thus my F-off response. So Fred's counter offer seemed more than fair and I'm ok with it. I just hate what transpired beforehand--this Ron is a prick.

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

This book might be under capitalized

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by tltaylor89 View Post
    This book might be under capitalized
    This post might be under informed.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is a bunch of shit. I am usually a huge fan and backer of BetPhoenix and BetMania but it seems like every day there is something bad going down with them. I have an email out to Richard about what has happened to me with my accounts and I am waiting to let him fix what has been done to me. I am 100% in the right and know he will agree. It seems like nobody there can pull the trigger and make decisions about anything. I will elaborate later on the situation if it is not righted. If Richard was in town instead of in London this crap would not be happening so just give him a minute to get back.

BigDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    This post might be under informed.
    what is your opinion on making the OP wait a month for his balance just because they can?

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

Quote Originally Posted by BET THE HOOK View Post
    That is a bunch of shit. I am usually a huge fan and backer of BetPhoenix and BetMania but it seems like every day there is something bad going down with them. I have an email out to Richard about what has happened to me with my accounts and I am waiting to let him fix what has been done to me. I am 100% in the right and know he will agree. It seems like nobody there can pull the trigger and make decisions about anything. I will elaborate later on the situation if it is not righted. If Richard was in town instead of in London this crap would not be happening so just give him a minute to get back.
    disagree,richard is not the solution,he is part of the problem,he is afraid to take a bet like a man,hides under his desk trembling most of the time,afraid that some player is scamming him ,so many complaints about this book on so many forums,where there is smoke there is fire

BET THE HOOK

Richard is a class act but there is only 1 of him and too many things for him to handle alone. Phil is a dickhead and I dont know too much about Fred Davis but Richie needs to be cloned. I will stick with him because he always comes through.

TigerPawsSC
    Clemson -5
    TigerPawsSC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Better question is - why would you play with BetMania?

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by TigerPawsSC View Post
    Better question is - why would you play with BetMania?
    108 lines, free 1/2 pt on BB, and a B range Book. Seemed like a no-brainer at the time.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 02-09-10 at 06:25 AM.

BET THE HOOK

Mania has some better options than Phoenix like 1 more point on all teasers than Phoenix. You still deal with the same people but you just provide a different account number. As a matter of fact I use the same phone number because it is on speed dial. They are however shitting in there own back yard right now and if Richard was in town we wouldnt be dealing with this bullshit. I am so pissed I could spit. I just spat!!

gman2114
    SBR Rocks
    gman2114's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

this is bad.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree that Richard normally sorts this stuff out, but it shouldn't always be like that. Some of the linesmen there have thin skin, no doubt. Like they think it's them against you. Much to learn still. HH was working for them and they didn't take advantage of his free efforts on their behalf.

robertg
    robertg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Why does this kind of thing require Richard?????? thats what pisses me off. Anyone working there should be able to fix this. If you don't want Hedgehog's business, fed ex him a 3k ***********, and refuse his business in the future. This almost sounds too stupid to be true. betmania has been one of my favorite outs(for the reasons mentioned above) but I will not postup there again until there are some changes made. When there are 3 or 4 fresh complaints a day its just insane to risk useing them at this time.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

I will share my recent experience with Betmania. I sent $1700 and received a 30% bonus on the amount. Within 2 weeks, I ran my balance to over $12K. Along the way, my limits were reduced, I lost the free 1/2 point NBA bonus and was put on a delay when wagers were being confirmed. Ended up cashing out just under $10K in the last 3 weeks by checks($4K max per week and just one free $2K withdrawal per month). They did pay very quickly, so I'd say my overall experience was a B+. Personally, as long as a book pays when I ask for my $, they're good enough for me to play at.

JerseyShop101
    JerseyShop101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sent $1000 to Mania about 3 weeks ago. I bet their -108 lines and free 1/2 point during happy hour (5-6 Eastern M-F). Nearly busted 10 days ago with my balance at $200, but then steadily grew it to just over $3k today.

Without notice, the free 1/2 point was removed. Called to tell them their was a problem with their system, only to get into a bitch session with a line manager named Ron. The guy makes Tony of 5-Dimes seem like a girl scout. He threatened to slow pay me--just because he could!

Long story short, his boss Fred Davis called me back and insured that I will get paid--$2000 this month and the rest next. Great save on his part, but this is a chicken shit Book that should be avoided.
    Is this a slow pay or are there other circumstances, i.e. credit card deposits waiting to clear, you don't want wire, etc, etc.?

I find it hard to believe I could deposit $3k today, accept no bonus, play it tonight and win, ask for a payout tommorow morning and have to wait over a month to get my money? Something is wrong here.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyShop101 View Post
    Is this a slow pay or are there other circumstances, i.e. credit card deposits waiting to clear, you don't want wire, etc, etc.?

I find it hard to believe I could deposit $3k today, accept no bonus, play it tonight and win, ask for a payout tommorow morning and have to wait over a month to get my money? Something is wrong here.
    I posted up via ** so this is an attempted slow pay. Fred sped things up with a free payout of $2000 this week and the rest will be ready in 30 days--also free. I guess I can press them for the rest now and pay an extra $50, but at this point, I rather make them do double the work and at their own expense. Fuk 'em.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

I posted up via ** so this is an attempted slow pay. Fred sped things up with a free payout of $2000 this week and the rest will be ready in 30 days--also free. I guess I can press them for the rest now and pay an extra $50, but at this point, I rather make them do double the work and at their own expense. Fuk 'em.

I dont think this is a slow pay. They have one free payout a month via check which you have requested. If you ask for the remainder of your balance and are willing to pay the extra $50, they will send it to you. If they refuse, then its a slow pay.

HedgeHog

I disagree. Originally, Ron called me a cheat ( then a sharp) and would only pay me $1000 steadily over 4 months at $50 per payout. Not acceptable and I told him so in no uncertain terms (Go F-Off). Betmania sucks IMO.

RickySteve

So they're a bad book because they don't let winning players exploit their promotions and they have standard payout terms which are clearly stated? You people realize these are for-profit businesses, not charities, right?

robertg
    robertg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    I dont think this is a slow pay. They have one free payout a month via check which you have requested. If you ask for the remainder of your balance and are willing to pay the extra $50, they will send it to you. If they refuse, then its a slow pay.

I think anytime a book no longer wants your action, you should be paid in full immediately!

BigDaddy

So they're a bad book because they don't let winning players exploit their promotions and they have standard payout terms which are clearly stated? You people realize these are for-profit businesses, not charities, right?
    they have every right to show the player the door.

but pay him on his way out.

standard payout terms LMFAO!

have you read the thread

unreal

RickySteve

Quote Originally Posted by robertg View Post
    I think anytime a book no longer wants your action, you should be paid in full immediately!
    Right I forgot taking away promotions is the same as being 86'd.

RickySteve

they have every right to show the player the door.
    Which part about him never having his account closed did you not understand?

but pay him on his way out.
    Which part about him being paid every cent did you not understand?

standard payout terms LMFAO!
    Which part of this did you not understand?

have you read the thread
    Obviously one of us is able to read.

BigDaddy

Which part about him never having his account closed did you not understand?

Which part about him being paid every cent did you not understand?

Which part of this did you not understand?

Obviously one of us is able to read.
    you can spin this however you want to

you are allowed to be paid in a timely manner not have to wait 30 days

yes every 30 days is free but who cares

them telling him they are going to pay him in 4 month installments LMFAO! you think that is right?

then Fred playing good cop saying well we will get you 2k now and the rest in a month. get the **** out of here.

but if this was me i would be paying the $50 and having them send it to me all at once.

12 Last