bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

am i being screwed by betjamaica??

after the cavs game they cancelled my prob bet on anderson varejao under 16.5 points plus rebounds. should have been a winner. they say because he did not start the game the bet should be cancelled. i need to call back to speak to scotty after 2 ocklock. its 210 dollars im out which is not the end of the world but im pretty uoset here. it does not say on the bet he needs to start. does say under basketball propsitions

Players Props
    - Player must play in the game for wagers to stand.
    - Players must be in starting Line Up for action, if not all wagers will be refunded.
    - Abbreviations may be used: Points = Pts, Rebounds = Rebs, Assists = Assts, Blocks = Blks, Steal = Stl.

why say must play in the 1st rule and then must start in the 2nd rule? this is confusing. do i really need to check the rules for a guy that NEVER starts. why have the prop bet for him at all. and if you want and mean must start, it should list it on the bet. nobody wants to check the rules each and every time for minute detatils. and if i did check the rules, the 1st rule seams like im ok so you have to check MULTIPLE RULES to find must start(2nd rule makes rule number 1 obsolete).

who is right, me or them? will scotty pay me my money?? why put up a prop bet for a guy who hasnt started since 1st week of the year and then cancel it when he doesnt start?

NOTE: IF IT SAID MUST START ON MY WAGER SCREEN, I WOULD AGREE WITH THEM 100%, BUT WOULD THINK THEY ARE DUMB FOR OFFERING THIS PROP BET ON A GUY WHO NEVER STARTS. but i feel duped.

bubba

when i say it says under basketball props, i mean if you search through the rules on the website, NOT when you are in wagering mode. fyi

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

The rule says player must start. If player does not start, wager is refunded. Whatever rule Bet Jamaica lists, they all have to be applied for you to have action. There is no grey area here. The bet should be graded as no action.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is a no brainer. You just answered your won question. If you can not figure out that the wager is no action, you whould not be wagering. The rules are right in front of your nose. There is nothing confusing about it. DUH????

bubba

the rules are about 5 clicks away from when you are wagering. if the rules were right there i agree with you guys.

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4551

It should be no actioned, but if the rule is must start WTF at having a prop for someone who never starts...

bubba

do any other books have this rule? what if they changed the rulke that day? do you check each websites rules every day? what abouyt the 1st rule being totally misleading? what about the wager itself being misleading? there was no chance of that guy starting. why put up the line?

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

So the wager says must start, he does not. PUSH

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

why do they word it in 2 different ways?

i agree the wager is a push but i see no need to word it both ways or at least switch the 2 up so the player must start is on top.

a guy could see player must play in game 1st and just think to himself his bet is good as long as the player plays.

just saying

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

I agree the rules are a little funny worded, but they are explicit. Its a refund

bubba

spoke to scotty, he said it did say under my bet that the player must start. (not on the ticket, just before i placed the wager) said he will send me a screenshot. i have no reason not to believe him. if it did in fact say this, 1- i am wrong 2-it still shouild say it in the ticket 3- still shouldnt have an anderson varejau bet where he needs to start. but most important thing is that i was wrong. just cause they are a top notch book doesnt mean they cant make a mistake. but appears the main mistake maker was me

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

It's OK Bubba. Happens to the best of us. I've been known to make a mistake or 2 along the way myself. Learn from it and move on.

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

screwed

swaindexter
    swaindexter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4563

If he sent you a screen shot, why is ther a problem? I am confused on what you are thinking.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

If you're going to play props, you really have to read the rules. Prop rules can differ quite a bit between books.

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I hope you apologized for making this thread.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post

he asked a question

i see no harm in what the OP did.

he even admits that he made the mistake.

bubba

If he sent you a screen shot, why is ther a problem? I am confused on what you are thinking.

they said they would send a screenshot, still waiting on that

If you're going to play props, you really have to read the rules. Prop rules can differ quite a bit between books.

i try, but book should be careful too. having a prop bet "mujst start" with a player who doesnt start can only lead to confusuin

for asking a question? stating facts? my fault

bigboyfosho
    bigboyfosho's Avatar Become A Pro!

ewww, hate the rule

cap10
    cap10's Avatar Become A Pro!

scotty is as fair as they come;; he made some changes in my favor when they erred

bubba

BetJamaica with another prop on anderson varejau tonight. called to tell them, didnt seem to care that much. having a rule must start and a guy who never starts will only lead to confusion. greek has the same prop but says must play. that makes sense!

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I have had this problem with books that copy the greeks props, only have the rule (usually not written anywhere on their site) that player must start. The problem of course being the greek will often post player props on players who in fact NEVER start. Thus, these idiots no action all these bets -- though I wouldn't be surprised if they do it only when they win.

BillyCostigan
    BillyCostigan's Avatar Become A Pro!

BetJamaica and TheGreek are now owned by the same company, right?

bubba

think they always have been owned by thegreek

jamaica had a similar prop on laker game for lamar odom. must start. it just makes no sense in the nba. it should be must play.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

No action is the right ruling; whoever is putting this line up needs some linesmaking 101 training. They are asking for bad press by offering a bet that will be no action.

bubba

tonight it doesnt say "must start" next to the players for their props. but it still says so on their main rule page. this would only add to more confusion. come on betjamaica, get this right!

bubba

and off course they have a prop bet with jason terry. change the rule and put up a notice saying the rule is changed. not that hard. makes 0 sense!

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    No action is the right ruling; whoever is putting this line up needs some linesmaking 101 training. They are asking for bad press by offering a bet that will be no action.
    Language is critical in props.

polskboy
    polskboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

i dont think so betjm is a very good book

bubba

again today, it doesnt say must start next to the players for props. it does have it hidden in their rules but this is just more confusion waiting to happen. if your going to have the dumb rule must start (would make sense in baseball) please list it in big letters next to the match up.