Jason Perez
    Jason Perez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

SLbet makes me agree to a new T&C's

Hello, thanks to all for reading, I just tried to log in in to my SLBet account, and I just found this screen that I post below. I am not sure what things they added and what deleted, I just would like to ask on this forum if this is normal (or legal) as I already agreed to the T&C's before, when I opened my account.

Can they just change or add things to the T&C's and make me agree again?

I am worried that if I do, they will inforce some of the new clause on the new T&C (I don't know which ones can be).

Any advice...

Thanks.
    Attached Images  

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Perez View Post
    Hello, thanks to all for reading, I just tried to log in in to my SLBet account, and I just found this screen that I post below. I am not sure what things they added and what deleted, I just would like to ask on this forum if this is normal (or legal) as I already agreed to the T&C's before, when I opened my account.

I am worried that if I do, they will inforce some of the new clause on the new T&C (I don't know which ones can be).

Any advice...

Thanks.
    The image you've uploaded isn't clear enough to read most of it, but in general terms, of course it is normal for a bookmaker to add or change terms and conditions, no terms and conditions are ever going to stay exactly the same, so from time to time you will be required to accept changes to terms and conditions and if you accept this, the new terms will be of course be enforced by the bookmaker.

It is legal for a bookmaker to enforce these new terms, but only if you explicitly agree by clicking accept to those changes in terms and conditions. Of course the bookmaker can't make you to agree to the new terms and conditions, as you have the choice to accept the new terms and conditions or never use the site ever again.

If it doesn't clearly state on the screen where you're asked to accept the changes what terms and conditions have changed, then you will need to contact SLBet to ask them exactly what the changes are, and then once you've got the full information on the changes, you will need to decide whether to accept those new terms, or never use the site ever again and immediately withdraw any balance you have with them.
    Last edited by luctens; 11-03-16 at 11:58 PM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Any advice...

Thanks.
    It's the way some bookies operate.
    It's not at all acceptable imho.
    Generally one accesses their bookie account to get a bet on under some sort of time constraint.
    The last thing you want to have to do is read several pages of legal stuff.
    But if you want to get your bet on you have little option but to accept whatever changes they want you to agree to.
    To my mind that is getting your approval under duress and any new conditions should not be enforceable.

Rather than just putting up a message saying that they are amending their T&Cs and simply pointing you to them via a link they should have to spell out what changes they are wanting you to agree to.
    I'm sure that that's what you have experienced from your bank and credit card supplier etc?
    And they announce the amendments weeks in advance so you have a fair opportunity to consider them before accepting.
    That's the way it should be done.

I'd be inclined to tell them that you agreed to their amended terms under duress as you needed to get a bet on and didn't have time to read everything. Tell them you will now read and consider their T&Cs and advise in due course whether or not you accept the amended terms.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Any advice...

Thanks.
    You can try asking them what has changed since you last accepted the terms.

I like it much better when books give us a short run down about the types of changes that have been made but most books just do it this way.

If you are really concerned. Withdraw and leave them for a book that you trust more. Whatever the terms say, in my experience books either try to act fairly, or they don't. If it's a book you feel has always treated people fairly, I wouldn't be worried too much personally.

PS.. no body is forced to click accept terms. Wanting to place a bet quickly is not an excuse to say 'you forced me to accept", under duress or anything else.

No one but the player has any responsibility for choosing to click accept. If you do accept without reading or researching what others say about the new terms, then you need to man up and accept the consequences on your own back.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

One bookie I struck this with had no explanation of the changes, only a link to no less than 63 pages of T&Cs which they expected players to read before proceeding!

I'd love to argue that one before a fair minded judge.

And what's more, unless you accepted the changes you couldn't access your account to request a withdrawal!