Pavel4
    Pavel4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

How to calculate Matchbook commission

Hi All,

I am thinking to open an account on matchbook, but I'm not sure on how to calculate Matchbook commission in case of multi-bet in the same event.

Just an example.
    BASEL - PSG 6.00 - 4.4 - 1.671

If I Bet on PSG 10 Euros, I will win 6,71-0,07(commission) = 6,64 that means a Real 1.664 quote.

But what happen if I bet 10 Euros on PSG and 5 on Draw?

The commission is calculated on each event separated, or matchbook sum the event? (as for example Betfair do)

Thanks
    Domenico

P.S. sorry for my bad english...

qwaszx123
    qwaszx123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Matchbook is rubbish. They charge up to 1.7% on winning AND losing bets. They may charge you a further 2% to withdraw funds with no warning and no notice. If you ask them how they calculate withdrawal fees, they will be unable to explain as they make the charge up as they go along. Their customer service is diabolical and atrocious and fails to reply to emails and I've read lots of complaints of slow payment, so I would advise to stay clear of them.

Use Smarkets exchange. They are a flat 2% commission on winning bets only. No hidden charges, winners welcome. I recommend them as the best exchange.
    Last edited by Optional; 11-01-16 at 05:45 AM. Reason: removed link

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

I you bet 5 on a draw and lose that bet, you will still pay 1.5% of the 5 you bet so that would be 0.075. That makes the quote 4.334 for the draw in case you win, but I suppose you could say the real quote in case of a loss would have been (1-1.5%) + 3.4 = 4.385 as in this case you only pay commission on the "stake".

Formulas:

(1-%commission) + (quote -1) = real quote, in case of a lost bet.
    quote - %commission = real quote, in case of a won bet.

If you "offer" the quotes for someone else to match and don't take them from the available ones on the website, the commission drops to 0.75% instead of 1.5%.

If you are in the UK or Ireland it's respectively 1.7% and 0.85% due to the consumption tax.

EDIT: amended % for non-agent clients. Agent clients pay 1.25%
    Last edited by Alfa1234; 11-01-16 at 05:26 AM.

Pavel4

It's okay... I understood, and I'm thinking to use an agent to play on matchbook (i'm italian) but my doubt is another, what happen if I bet 5€ on draw and 10€ on PSG in the same moment?

Will they calculate the commission on the total net?

and so for example if PSG win:
    10*1.671-10-5 = 1.71 net --> and then calculate commission

or they threat each bet as a single event?
    and so i will pay commission on:
    Draw (that loose and so lose case commission)
    PSG (that Win and so win case commision)

Thanks

qwaszx123
    qwaszx123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

They charge for each bet so you pay commission twice. Once for the bet on the draw and once for the bet on PSG.

If you want to bet on more than one selection in the same betting market you are better off using one of the other exchanges, such as Smarkets or Betdaq as they only charge commission on net winnings per market.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel4 View Post
    It's okay... I understood, and I'm thinking to use an agent to play on matchbook (i'm italian) but my doubt is another, what happen if I bet 5€ on draw and 10€ on PSG in the same moment?

Will they calculate the commission on the total net?

and so for example if PSG win:
    10*1.671-10-5 = 1.71 net --> and then calculate commission

or they threat each bet as a single event?
    and so i will pay commission on:
    Draw (that loose and so lose case commission)
    PSG (that Win and so win case commision)

Thanks
    Each bet is considered separately.

And there is no commission to pay on losing bets. Only the winner is charged commission. 0.75% if the winner posted the offer or 1.5% if the winner accepted an offer.
    Last edited by Optional; 11-01-16 at 08:18 AM. Reason: correct error

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Each bet is considered separately.

And there is no commission to pay on losing bets. Only the winner is charged commission. 0.75% if the winner posted the offer or 1.5% if the winner accepted an offer.
    Yes there is Optional. This is where Matchbook differs from all regular exchanges. You pay commission on your stake, even if the bet loses.

https://www.matchbook.com/page/getti...sionischarged/
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Alfa1234 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Thanks Alfa. My mistake. Haven't used MB in years and should have checked before I spoke.

Good link for the OP too

Pavel4

Ok, perfect, thanks very much Alfa!!