1. #1
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 3,194
    Betpoints: 295

    Nitrogen Needs to up their fee for bitcoin transactions - waiting 7 hours now

    They send your withdraws with 3-5 cents fee, when the average is 15-20 cents. I've been waiting 7 hours for confirmation, and the way it's looking it might be another 24 hours. They really need to either stop being so cheap and send along withdraws with 10-15 cents, or just start charging a quarter for withdraws and post that as a fee. Nobody would complain.

    This is 2nd time this week this has happened to me. It pretty much neutralized their biggest competitive advantage which is their instant withdraws, so no idea why they will not address this.

  2. #2
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 3,194
    Betpoints: 295

    This one was my favorite. They sent my $100 equivalent withdraw along with another transaction of $90,000, and sent it with a fee of 3 cents. I had to wait until next morning to get my funds.

    https://blockchain.info/tx/f86a2eac3...e72d916a852d14

  3. #3
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 33,312
    Betpoints: 3708

    Sounds like a very good point and suggestion to me PharaohUB.

    I'll make sure the SBR admin guys see this thread so they can pass on the feedback.

    SBR
    Forum
    Mod
    Squad

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  4. #4
    SBR Forum
    Update your status
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 12-02-06
    Posts: 3,989
    Betpoints: 201841

    Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    This one was my favorite. They sent my $100 equivalent withdraw along with another transaction of $90,000, and sent it with a fee of 3 cents. I had to wait until next morning to get my funds.

    https://blockchain.info/tx/f86a2eac3...e72d916a852d14
    Please note the 142.2 BTC was just the 'change' from the transaction that was returned to one of Nitrogen's addresses. Two outputs for one transaction is common; that 142.2 BTC had no effect on the tipping fee or transaction speed.

    We appreciate the feedback shared in your opening post and have relayed it to Nitrogen.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  5. #5
    Fitz030808
    Fitz030808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-11
    Posts: 299
    Betpoints: 9086

    This must be a growing trend. I'm going on 4 hours with another book. I've never had a problem before. Currently zero confirmations. Can someone please educate me on what happens next?

  6. #6
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 33,312
    Betpoints: 3708

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz030808 View Post
    This must be a growing trend. I'm going on 4 hours with another book. I've never had a problem before. Currently zero confirmations. Can someone please educate me on what happens next?
    Are you still at zero confirmations Fitz?

    If so, you can try rebroadcasting it.

    SBR
    Forum
    Mod
    Squad

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  7. #7
    Fitz030808
    Fitz030808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-23-11
    Posts: 299
    Betpoints: 9086

    It finally came through after about 8 hours. I've never had a delay before so that's why I was a little concerned.

  8. #8
    raiders72001
    Update your status
    raiders72001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 5,454
    Betpoints: 10860

    It's not Nitrogen's fault, it's a block size problem. There will be a change such as Segregated Witness to speed up transactions. Until then, we will have to live with delays now and then.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  9. #9
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 3,194
    Betpoints: 295

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    It's not Nitrogen's fault, it's a block size problem. There will be a change such as Segregated Witness to speed up transactions. Until then, we will have to live with delays now and then.
    It most certainly was there fault. I sat there while block after block got confirmed and my transaction got skipped. The days of sending with 5 cents are gone. Most people send with at least 10-15 cents to make sure they get through. They need to either just up it to 10 cents, or if they can't afford it give us the option to pay the 10 cents. We are talking about a matter of pennies here.

  10. #10
    raiders72001
    Update your status
    raiders72001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 5,454
    Betpoints: 10860

    Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    It most certainly was there fault. I sat there while block after block got confirmed and my transaction got skipped. The days of sending with 5 cents are gone. Most people send with at least 10-15 cents to make sure they get through. They need to either just up it to 10 cents, or if they can't afford it give us the option to pay the 10 cents. We are talking about a matter of pennies here.
    The fees should come down with SegWit.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 10-22-16 at 04:27 PM.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  11. #11
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 3,194
    Betpoints: 295

    For the record ever since I complained to them via chat and complained on SBR my transactions are all being sent with 10 cents or so. Not sure if this just me or across the board, if the latter you are welcome.
    Points Awarded:

    Optional gave PharaohUB 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  12. #12
    raiders72001
    Update your status
    raiders72001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 5,454
    Betpoints: 10860

    Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    For the record ever since I complained to them via chat and complained on SBR my transactions are all being sent with 10 cents or so. Not sure if this just me or across the board, if the latter you are welcome.
    Nice job.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  13. #13
    ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-10
    Posts: 3,442

    i sent bitcoin to nitrogen today because i was in a hurry to bet a live nfl game when i realized after i sent it that they didnt offer my game (only had like 5 nfl games available for live betting). frustrated and in a hurry i waited til my small deposit had 1 confirmation and tried to withdraw a small part of my deposit back to my blockchain wallet so that I could send some to 5dimes to bet my game. for some reason it kept telling me my withdraw address was wrong and i tried it like 3 times knowing that it was correct. again frustrated and in a hurry, i decided to just withdraw the coins to the 5dimes deposit address that was given to me on their site.

    this was 2.5 hours ago and its still showing 0 confirmations and there are no funds on 5dimes. on chat they said they see the transaction but can't add my funds until there is 1 confirmation.

    is there going to be a problem with my transaction since i "withdrew" on nitrogen to the address that was given to me on 5dimes to deposit?

    btw my bet (saints money line) lost so at least theres that...

  14. #14
    ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-09-10
    Posts: 3,442

    just confirmed and hit 5dimes so all is well

  15. #15
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 3,194
    Betpoints: 295

    nope three fckin cents again and waiting 8 hours
    Last edited by Optional; 10-24-16 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Best not to post addresses and IPs for your transfers from books online.

  16. #16
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 3,194
    Betpoints: 295

    i'm done playing there. its' fairlay for me only

  17. #17
    SBR Forum
    Update your status
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 12-02-06
    Posts: 3,989
    Betpoints: 201841

    Nitrogen has increased the tipping fee on withdrawals which should meet the new expectations from miners for transaction priority and reducing wait time for blockchain confirmations.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  18. #18
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 3,194
    Betpoints: 295

    Good for them. I will never play there again. I have never been more annoyed with a book and how they treated me. Deflecting blame for the issue, and not willing to admit fault, or do anything for me. It wasn't like I talked to them once about the fee, it was multiple times. And the most recent couple of times it cost me money in fees because I had bitcoin stuck in limbo and I had to obtain some quickly via a method that got me on fees. None of this would have happened if it didn't take 24 hours to process my withdraw. Now all of a sudden they figured out how to raise fees, when before told me that it had nothing to do with them? I have thousands in action a week with these guys, but no longer. I will donate my money elsewhere.

  19. #19
    hustlehard617
    hustlehard617's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-05-12
    Posts: 561
    Betpoints: 6324

    I have been waiting 36 hrs
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PharaohUB

  20. #20
    raiders72001
    Update your status
    raiders72001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 5,454
    Betpoints: 10860

    Quote Originally Posted by hustlehard617 View Post
    I have been waiting 36 hrs
    You can rebroadcast it by adding "?format=hex" to the end of the blockchain.info/tx URL. https://blockchain.info/pushtx

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  21. #21
    PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-23-07
    Posts: 3,194
    Betpoints: 295

    If they sent withdraw with 3 cents then it's not going to confirm until the unconfirmed transactions clear out that pay more. Nobody is going to pick up the transaction until then. Today might be the day. Traffic seems slower.

  22. #22
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 33,312
    Betpoints: 3708

    Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    If they sent withdraw with 3 cents then it's not going to confirm until the unconfirmed transactions clear out that pay more. Nobody is going to pick up the transaction until then. Today might be the day. Traffic seems slower.
    Seen posters waiting on sends with less than the minimum fee ratio for many hours a couple of times who got a confirmation 10 mins after doing a rebroadcast.

    I think getting them back to the top of the queue so they get noticed at all is what does it.

    SBR
    Forum
    Mod
    Squad

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  23. #23
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 33,312
    Betpoints: 3708

    Here's a tutorial for anyone reading wanting to try a rebroadcast;

    https://blog.blockchain.com/2014/07/...n-transaction/

    SBR
    Forum
    Mod
    Squad

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  24. #24
    raiders72001
    Update your status
    raiders72001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 5,454
    Betpoints: 10860

    Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    If they sent withdraw with 3 cents then it's not going to confirm until the unconfirmed transactions clear out that pay more. Nobody is going to pick up the transaction until then. Today might be the day. Traffic seems slower.
    I know it's not going to help the one above but they are now sending out 39 cents, at least for the one I just took, and it's going in the next block.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  25. #25
    raiders72001
    Update your status
    raiders72001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 5,454
    Betpoints: 10860

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Seen posters waiting on sends with less than the minimum fee ratio for many hours a couple of times who got a confirmation 10 mins after doing a rebroadcast.

    I think getting them back to the top of the queue so they get noticed at all is what does it.
    I've seen the same. Things change but in the past it's not always been highest fee next. It seems as though a fee that is greatly higher than the others goes in the next block.

    As you posted earlier, the miners may be screwing with us trying to jack up fees. Not sure.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  26. #26
    SBR Forum
    Update your status
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 12-02-06
    Posts: 3,989
    Betpoints: 201841

    Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Good for them. I will never play there again. I have never been more annoyed with a book and how they treated me. Deflecting blame for the issue, and not willing to admit fault, or do anything for me. It wasn't like I talked to them once about the fee, it was multiple times. And the most recent couple of times it cost me money in fees because I had bitcoin stuck in limbo and I had to obtain some quickly via a method that got me on fees. None of this would have happened if it didn't take 24 hours to process my withdraw. Now all of a sudden they figured out how to raise fees, when before told me that it had nothing to do with them? I have thousands in action a week with these guys, but no longer. I will donate my money elsewhere.
    We understand your frustration, but it really isn't unusual that a customer service rep would not talk about changing a cashier option with a player or even be able to verify what you were saying, not to mention the fact that they don't have the authority to do so. Upper management was already aware of your report and similar from other players.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


Top