bemgolf
    bemgolf's Avatar Become A Pro!

First Timer Need Advise

Hello SBR

I am looking to get into sports wagering for the first time and need some guidance in selecting an online sports book.

I have very little experience, but years ago I signed up with VIP Sports and did a free account where they gave you $500 fake money and you could try it out and use all their features. This was a pretty cool idea. Can someone tell me what happened to VIP Sports and if there are any other sport books that offer a free fake money trial?

I am very new and wanted to get off on the right foot. I have read enough to get me in some trouble so if someone can advise on a great reading material to help with overall process, what to look for, and what to stay away from.

Basically what I am looking for in a sports book that has easy deposit and withdraws, USA oriented, I am going to take action on College Football mainly and maybe NFL. I heard to stay away from parlays so I will probably do that for the most part but maybe play one or two. I guess. I will play points, over/under, and dogs some. I haven’t set up my discipline yet and maybe someone can give me a location on the net to learn how to get this started. I would like to join a sports book that needs no minimum to start if that is even possible. Maybe there is a book the is more suited for a beginner. Any recommendations on a book easier for a beginner and maybe some place on the net I can learn all this. Thanks for all the info posted.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBRforum

If you're just starting out once again and played at VIP before then it's fairly safe to say that you're not a professional type of player. So with that being said I have compiled a list of books below that will suit your wagering needs sir.

5Dimes (SBR Rated A+) is the flagship of the 5Dimes family of books and offers a wide selection of wagering options as well has some of the other things you are seeking.

Bookmaker (SBR Rated A+) is part of the Cris family of books and caters to both the professional and recreational players and also offers a wide selection of wagering options.

Bodog (SBR Rated A) is part of the Morris Mohawk Gaming Group and caters to the recreational players. If you're a dog better then Bodog is definitely a book you might want to check out.

BetIslands (SBR Rated B-) is independently owned and operated and run out of the jazz facilities in San Jose, Costa Rica. The use the DGS software and just recently added mobile gaming to their platform. Even though BetIslands is a rather new book it is run by a very well respected man within the industry for many years who has deep pockets and is always gracing his presence on the SBRforum to make sure his clients are being treated fairly by his staff.

All the books I've mentioned above are currently in good standing.

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Before you deposit with any book, make sure you figure out what you have to do in order to withdrawal.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

As far as a free "fake" money trial site, bodog.net offers many free contest, and is probably what your looking for.

Once your ready to sign up for a real money account, check out the " become a pro " link and take advantage of the many contest SBR offers and earn points here.

To what happened to VIP, basically no one is saying..but they are closely related to GTBets, which came into existance days after vip closed.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

gtbets isnt anywhere close to vip...they want u to think they are...BEWARE....i was at vip 13 years...gtbets is hoping u relate.....just stay away

dstinger01
    dstinger01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 490

Mike is right on, stay away from GTBets! They play a total bait and switch on you! They bait you to think they are VIP, but then when you want a payout, you find out they are nothing more then a good looking start up book with issues getting you the money. And if you call them on the phone about it, be prepared for attitude from the "management".

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by djefferis View Post

To what happened to VIP, basically no one is saying..but they are closely related to GTBets, which came into existance days after vip closed.
    VIP (Closed) and the rest of the entire Stockdale Investment Ltd family of books closed it's operations because of the U.S. restrictions as well as processing related issues. Now some of the former VIP management team decided to open a new book up and call it GTBets (SBR Rated C) and have had problems since it's inception. The currently are having processing issues as well as customer services woes at this time.