olddirtyfighter
    olddirtyfighter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2728

Pinnacle - reappering losing bet

I had odd situation with Pinnacle past weekend. I'm wondering if it is some mistake (possibly because of new interface) or someone experienced similar thing.

So I placed 2k€ bet on boxing match and 2 days after (on the day of the match), I'm checking my open bets on the right side of the interface (new feature) and I can't see my bet. I went on Account History, All Pending Bets and there I also can't see my bet. I thought that I forgot to confirm so I placed another bet at worse odds. In the end bet was a loser but now both bets are showing in my Account History and I lost 4k instead of 2k.

I always put the blame on myself but here I remember checking 2 times and in different places so I'm little bit worried and annoyed. Had anybody had similar problems ever? I guess it is still possible I was blind but I'm still curious could it be problem with new interface or something else.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

When you hit all pending bets, did you choose the date range dropdown?

olddirtyfighter

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    When you hit all pending bets, did you choose the date range dropdown?
    No. I never even saw date range dropdown. All my bets are always seen in one window.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Quote Originally Posted by olddirtyfighter View Post
    No. I never even saw date range dropdown. All my bets are always seen in one window.
    Never had this kinf of problem seems like you did not have the date in range

Artizan
    Artizan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

in order to avoid such situations it is good to have screenshots - these are our money (especially when are such large amounts) and we have to feel safe placing bets

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Have you asked the bookmaker? Seems like the first thing one would do in your situation.

olddirtyfighter

Quote Originally Posted by Artizan View Post
    in order to avoid such situations it is good to have screenshots - these are our money (especially when are such large amounts) and we have to feel safe placing bets
    I agree with that. It is time consuming though.

Thing is, I never had similar problem in any book. Due to their reputation, Pinnacle is last place I would expect this.

olddirtyfighter

Quote Originally Posted by pabonaparte View Post
    Have you asked the bookmaker? Seems like the first thing one would do in your situation.
    Well, I checked here first. It feels stupid to file complain like this. Even I would not believe myself.

I can live with loss of money but I ask myself would bet re-appear if bet won and will it happen again after some long period.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

This issue happens every now and then, it's a software problem on their end.

Keep a spreadsheet of all your bets and balances and update it as soon as you place a bet. That way, your spreadsheet balance should reflect the bookie balance and you wouldn't have any doubts as to whether or not the bet was placed correctly even if it's not showing in your bet list. It usually reappears after you log out and in again anyway.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post

Keep a spreadsheet of all your bets and balances and update it as soon as you place a bet. That way, your spreadsheet balance should reflect the bookie balance and you wouldn't have any doubts as to whether or not the bet was placed correctly even if it's not showing in your bet list. It usually reappears after you log out and in again anyway.

I never once have had this problem. And i made over 1200 wagers in 2015

olddirtyfighter

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post

Thank you.

It's good to have reinstalled belief in their honesty. Painful way to find out about their software problem, though. I've been with them for 7 years and never had this issue before, although I rarely double-check if my bats were placed. Why stuff like that cant happen on winning bet?

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Whether you are a recreational or serious punter, you should always have a document with screenshots of all of your deposits, bets and withdrawals and a spreadsheet logging all of these transactions and bets as well. I liken it to leaving a shop without a receipt and you would never do that, so why would you do it with an online bookmaker? It really isn't that time consuming either, probably takes 2 minutes per bet I place to take screenshots and log relevant details on a spreadsheet. I have only ever had a couple of disputes on bet settlements in the years I've been betting, but I've always had screenshots to back me up and that gives peace of mind as I don't want to be relying on a bookmaker to give me the correct information and never want to be in a situation where it is just my word against the bookmaker, and you know who would usually win in that situation.
    Last edited by luctens; 07-08-16 at 03:12 AM.

jim
    jim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2386

when you check pending bets, you can check ''all pending bets'' or last 24 hrs or last week.

i always click ''all pending bets.''

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by luctens View Post
    Whether you are a recreational or serious punter, you should always have a document with screenshots of all of your deposits, bets and withdrawals and a spreadsheet logging all of these transactions and bets as well. I liken it to leaving a shop without a receipt and you would never do that, so why would you do it with an online bookmaker? It really isn't that time consuming either, probably takes 2 minutes per bet I place to take screenshots and log relevant details on a spreadsheet. I have only ever had a couple of disputes on bet settlements in the years I've been betting, but I've always had screenshots to back me up and that gives peace of mind as I don't want to be relying on a bookmaker to give me the correct information and never want to be in a situation where it is just my word against the bookmaker, and you know who would usually win in that situation.
    The spreadsheet won't help you in a dispute.
    Maybe the screenshot will - use a product like Screenhunter from Wisdomsoft - takes 1 sec to capture your bet

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    The spreadsheet won't help you in a dispute.
    Maybe the screenshot will - use a product like Screenhunter from Wisdomsoft - takes 1 sec to capture your bet
    I never said the spreadsheet will help as evidence in a dispute with a bookmaker, the spreadsheet just helps you keep track of your bets so you know what you've placed and then you know where your money is, what bets you've placed etc. It's the screenshot that is the evidence/receipt of your bet that can be used in a dispute with the bookmaker. You can use some program to print screen or you can just do the old fashioned ctrl print screen and paste it onto a word document. Either way it only takes a few seconds, and if somebody can't be bothered to do that and then can't remember what bets they've placed as a result of not being bothered to do such a simple thing, I don't have any sympathy with them.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

On occasions where bet placement hangs and appears to fail, (Happens rarely when their site has issues) you must go back into your account and check as I have had several occasions where the bet was placed.