Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

BetPop doesn't credit Bitcoin deposit

I made a small deposit today at BetPop (at least I attempted to). I went under cashier section and generated address for Bitcoin deposit. Went to Airbitz and sent funds immediately. Waited for over an hour and no funds showing in my BetPop account. I get on live chat and the customer service representative says they have no transacoming through. I send them copy of transaction, proof there were 5 confirmations. And ..... Nada!

Money vanished! By an address they generated for my deposit. Stay away!

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

That's weird. I deposit bitcoin there a lot and never a problem.Is there any way to get the money back?

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    That's weird. I deposit bitcoin there a lot and never a problem.Is there any way to get the money back?
    Im looking into it. I just emailed airbitz. Ill see how it goes. I dont understand how they can generate an address for me but not have a copy of the generated address on their side? Seems like a subpar operation. I told them to close my account after they basically told me there is nothing they can do.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

They are part of Youwager which is a top rated book. Doesn't seem right. That's always my worst fear with bitcoin. The whole thing is computer oriented so something can always go wrong. It's not like you can call bitcoin and ask for your money. That's why I always do small deposits in case something like that happens.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    Im looking into it. I just emailed airbitz. Ill see how it goes. I dont understand how they can generate an address for me but not have a copy of the generated address on their side? Seems like a subpar operation. I told them to close my account after they basically told me there is nothing they can do.
    If you sent the funds to the address their cashier generated, you'll have no issues. But the CS rep probably hasn't escalated your feedback. Submit a complaint if you'd like us to ask a manager to review.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    If you sent the funds to the address their cashier generated, you'll have no issues. But the CS rep probably hasn't escalated your feedback. Submit a complaint if you'd like us to ask a manager to review.
    I did submit to address cashier section generated. Thanks for addressing my concern. I just received email from airbitz which shiw 14 confirmations now. I will submit cmplaint. Thanks!