RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

I'll do a test. Need to load a card anyway.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: littlekona

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    I dont think there is anyway around it without getting hit with that extra fee....Its always about the same for me like $11 or so added to invoice then you have to pay the miners fees too...Funny thing is I get a almost instant conformation even if I send a lower miners fee
    I guess what I'm saying is I tossed $25 into Airbitz just to experiment/figure this out. I can't send the $25 to Bitpay, there is not enough $$$ it says. Is it just because I'm sending such a low amount? In other words, If I send $1000, is $950-975 going to the card or a lot less $$$???

Sorry if this is redundant, it's hard reading through all these pages if someone wants to send me a link and not answer this. Thank you.
    Last edited by Microphone; 12-19-17 at 12:49 PM.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

I sent 32$ last nite and invoiced amount was for 43$ plus I added 8$ in miners fee so 51$ for a 32$ credit to card...Ridiculous! Only way for it to be practical is sending large amounts now..not like old days

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post

I have been going form blockchain.info wallet to pay invoice of card load amount and there is always a extra fee of about 11$ on top of the miners fees I am sending. doesn't mater on how much I send fee is always about the same it seems...for small amounts its not practical anymore like it used to be unless im doing something wrong..
    I haven't put $ on the crd in a month or so. Are we talking about the extra fees because of the jammed network? Or is bitpay charging extra fees now? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Did not use to be this way.

I'm cutting out the wallet these days. I'm sending straight from gdax or bitstamp to bitpay. We really need someone smart to figure this all out.
    Even though Gemini is considered an exchange... you can practically use it as a wallet if you feel secure about them?!?!? Reason being... any outgoing transaction with BTC is 100% Free of charges. Every acct holder can send up to 30 transactions each calendar month without any fees being charged. Yes, Gemini covers your networking fees 100%.

So, you could send to the bitpay crd and Gemini covers the network fees for you.

RoyBacon

itPay Visa® Load (USD-USA) BitPay Debit Card Top-Up
    0.492358 BTC 1 BTC = $18,301.00

Payment Amount
    0.491776 BTC

Network Cost
    0.000582 BTC

Total
    0.492358 BTC

RoyBacon

So they no longer put a btc address there to simply copy and paste.

Now it looks like this;
    bitcoin:1D3XyQ74W8DPFxMBHkVJc25Qr71SizGm Pe?amount=0.492358&r=https://bitpay.com/i/W79dLqKoNgAZ4DjT3vJNJH

I can't transfer straight from gdax anymore?

TheMoneyShot

So they no longer put a btc address there to simply copy and paste.

Now it looks like this;
    bitcoin:1D3XyQ74W8DPFxMBHkVJc25Qr71SizGm Pe?amount=0.492358&r=https://bitpay.com/i/W79dLqKoNgAZ4DjT3vJNJH

I can't transfer straight from gdax anymore?
    I believe this is your BTC Address

1D3XyQ74W8DPFxMBHkVJc25Qr71SizGmPe

RoyBacon

"These payments cannot be sent directly from an exchange. You will need to withdraw funds to a Payment Protocol-compatible bitcoin wallet before you make your payment."

TheMoneyShot

"These payments cannot be sent directly from an exchange. You will need to withdraw funds to a Payment Protocol-compatible bitcoin wallet before you make your payment."
    I haven't sent to Bitpay using Gemini yet. But I've used Gemini to do "other" payment related transactions elsewhere. The one good thing about Gemini's transactions... they are fast... they don't cheat you out. Gemini covered a fee that was $19.52 one time. I'm just trying to give you sound advice. But if you don't feel secure doing it... you don't have to.

Personally, I will try funding my Bitpay crd with Gemini in the future... I will let everyone know how it goes. I don't believe it would be a problem. You just need to key in the precise BTC that Bitpay wants. It's practically the same structure as any typical wallet.

RoyBacon

Well that blows. It was so simple. Now we have a network fee which apparently has nothing to do with the blockchain and now I have to go get some kind of compliant wallet?

I got a better idea...fvk em.

TheDempster
    TheDempster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1518

****These payments cannot be sent directly from an exchange. You will need to withdraw funds to a Payment Protocol-compatible bitcoin wallet before you make your payment.*****

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by TheDempster View Post

****These payments cannot be sent directly from an exchange. You will need to withdraw funds to a Payment Protocol-compatible bitcoin wallet before you make your payment.*****
    I guess I don't understand why Bitpay is so overly concerned with being paid with an exchange?

What does an exchange use differently than a regular wallet?

Maybe Raiders can chime in and explain this?

The only thing I can think of... is that all exchanges will charge you a fee when sending to bitpay... and it's really hard to do the equivalent math involved... possibly causing some payments to be manually processed? Again, using Gemini.... (I would only assume) you type in the exact amount Bitpay wants (their networking fees included) and Gemini will process it free of charge. How on earth wouldn't this be AUTOMATED?

I'm so curious to try this out right now... but I have no need to fund the crd at the moment.

I just don't understand the difference? Does anybody understand why Bitpay wouldn't want to get paid using an exchange?

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

I have no money in my wallet at blockchain but it gave me the same info as before? I will have money in a couple days and try it

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

Hey guys, first time cashing out here from 5d so let’s hope I’m doing it right.

I have coinbase, blockchain, Gimini, and bitpay card.

What’s the best fee/cheapest fee for me? I assume it was 5d -> blockchain -> then pay bitpay but now with this new bitcoin payment protocol I’m not sure what I’m doing.

ps. Planning on cashing out before dec 25 so I assume I won’t have to worry about bitpay not taking payment from blockchain?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by intermission View Post
    Hey guys, first time cashing out here from 5d so let’s hope I’m doing it right.

I have coinbase, blockchain, Gimini, and bitpay card.

What’s the best fee/cheapest fee for me? I assume it was 5d -> blockchain -> then pay bitpay but now with this new bitcoin payment protocol I’m not sure what I’m doing.

ps. Planning on cashing out before dec 25 so I assume I won’t have to worry about bitpay not taking payment from blockchain?
    Blockchain is just the intermediary wallet so you have to use them to avoid getting flagged by the exchange site. The fee you pay to send Bitcoin from there goes to the miners and not Blockchain. It's just whatever the amount is to get your transaction processed. As for cashing in the Bitcoin, it depends on the exchange rate and fee to exchange. You can limit sell on GDAX which is Coinbase's investor platform (use your CB credentials) for no fee and just ACH into your bank account (and if you're selling, the price is usually higher which is good). If you have a large amount being converted you don't want to sell on there, then you may consider Bitpay. I never used Gemini so can't give an opinion.

RoyBacon

Bitpay back to normal.

Just tried and they didnt have any of that stuff like yesterday. Just sent a load straight from gdax.

RoyBacon

BitPay Visa® Load (USD-USA)
    BitPay Debit Card Top-Up

0.479412 BTC 1 BTC = $16,720.03

Payment Amount
    0.478468 BTC

Network Cost
    0.000944 BTC

Total
    0.479412 BTC

RoyBacon

Basically a $16 fee to load $8k. If I did my math right.

littlekona

Cool ty for update..but that Network Cost 0.000944 BTC
    is truly BS......

TheDempster

Bitpay back to normal.

Just tried and they didnt have any of that stuff like yesterday. Just sent a load straight from gdax.
    How long did the transfer take from GDAX to BitPay?

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by TheDempster View Post
    How long did the transfer take from GDAX to BitPay?
    As soon as I clicked transfer at gdax it showed at Bitpay, 5 seconds? But I don't think they let you actually spend it until a few confirms are received. Maybe 15 mins.

TheDempster

As soon as I clicked transfer at gdax it showed at Bitpay, 5 seconds? But I don't think they let you actually spend it until a few confirms are received. Maybe 15 mins.
    Nice

ATC727
    ATC727's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Im confused....I cannot send either anymore from Blockchain to Bitpay.....how do i do it? I also have coinbase......need help!

ATC727

why is bitpay displaying invalid address now? short characters....

ATC727

LkZgG6yWfGULeUPiH7Axc4 This is what im getting which is an invalid address

RoyBacon

That doesn't look like a valid addy. Here is a valid one 1Bt62DLMXaRmE2kh1rXzFmWF68yQbagQNp

Which you already said that.

I had the same problem yesterday. They have some announcement on their site about which wallets they now accept transfers from. But I tried today and got a valid addy.

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

Does bitpay want us to get the bitpay wallet to use and send to them with?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by dtp View Post
    Does bitpay want us to get the bitpay wallet to use and send to them with?
    Personally, I'd far prefer to use my own desktop wallet rather than have to trust any website to control my wallet.

Bitpay mentioned the electrum.org wallet is supported. Which I already use.

But honestly, I am as confused as anyone else in this thread about what the problem with sending from an exchange or other wallet could be technically.

ATC727

so how are we doing withdrawals for now guys? coinbase ---> bank account???

littlekona

hey guys Just a HUGE FYI the card now has a MINIMUM Load amount of $100 effect NOW!
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave littlekona 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Personally, I'd far prefer to use my own desktop wallet rather than have to trust any website to control my wallet.

Bitpay mentioned the electrum.org wallet is supported. Which I already use.

But honestly, I am as confused as anyone else in this thread about what the problem with sending from an exchange or other wallet could be technically.
    Yep... I'm confused as well. The only thing I can think of... Bitpay probably has been receiving a variety of OVER PAYS... and UNDER PAYS. Because people somehow can't do the math on their end???

Should make no difference what wallet you use to send to Bitpay.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Yep... I'm confused as well. The only thing I can think of... Bitpay probably has been receiving a variety of OVER PAYS... and UNDER PAYS. Because people somehow can't do the math on their end???

Should make no difference what wallet you use to send to Bitpay.
    I'm wondering if the issue is when people are sending them Bitcoin, they are selecting the dollar amount of Bitcoin to send from the wallet rather than entering the actual Bitcoin amount and with the conversion differences between wallets it's sending more/less than what Bitpay wants which is screwing everything up.

One of my rookie mistakes was doing that and would screw up the deposit amount so I'd just type in the amount of Bitcoin instead.

RoyBacon

Bitpay just raised the minimums to load the card to $100.

ATC727

Ok but it’s still not displaying a proper bitcoin address on BITPAY... WTF

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

just read bitpay card is being discontinued?

fun while it lasted

First ... 21222324252627 ... Last