Just giving fraudsters a bit of a hard time I would say

Avenger_deux
    Avenger_deux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

link doesn't work

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

It's not unauthorized when he has given the book a debit authority and their terms say they can reverse payments made in error. Which is why his advice about telling the bank it wasn't authorized won't work. Most banks will see the transaction history and deny any claim outright, or they will query WH who will show their debit auth and terms of service before denying the claim.

And his logic about why it was fine to avoid the bonus rollover terms because what he did wasn't completely 'risk free', is flawed too.

Don't really like WillHill much myself but this guy just sounds like a bit of an idiot and angle shooter who was caught out.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Optional you worded that exactly how Im thinking but much better than I could write it.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would give a bookie authority to debit their bank account other than for a specific transaction.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

not stealing

WH solid for UK players

Big Time book

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

I never had problem with them but most complains across all forums is about WH so definitely they are not solid if compare to
    bet365 Ladbrokes or Coral

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

Last edited by JayZ; 05-08-16 at 10:47 AM. Reason: double post

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

It seems in most cases William Hill has actually apologised, and are re-running the withdrawals and tossing in a £50 free bet. In some cases they have frozen the accounts and the final outcome on these is yet to be determined. History suggests that providing there isn't some demonstrable fraud on behalf of an individual the money will end up with the player in the end via IBAS or the courts. Accounts closed of course.

They ran a large promotion over a public holiday weekend when the big cheeses were probably away from the office. Long-standing flaws in the WH system were used by a much larger number of people than before to evade turnover requirements and withdrawals initiated.