nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Need Books Like England for US players

Just visiting sites like Bet365 show how much better the Euro books are given they are legal. I would like to live stream on a reputable book that would prevent malware etc. The sites are great compared to what we are offered

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by nyyanks773 View Post
    Just visiting sites like Bet365 show how much better the Euro books are given they are legal. I would like to live stream on a reputable book that would prevent malware etc. The sites are great compared to what we are offered
    Careful what you wish for.

Regulation in the UK has meant a royal pain in the rear end for many people when it comes to KYC and they limit faster than the US facing offshores.

Recent changes to UK regulation have resulted in an even less friendly situation for players too.

The UK Gambling Commission and the IBAS dispute resolution service are rubbish at player protection so players pay the costs and get no benefits really. I'd trust 5Dimes, Bookmaker and Heritage to look after me if a problem arises before most Euro books.

Although Aussie books are pretty awesome with customer service and dispute resolution. So US legal betting 'could' be better I guess. Aussie books are the worst at limiting though.
    Last edited by Optional; 04-08-16 at 06:14 AM.

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

IBAS works much better with in-shop disputes than online ones, possibly because of the different nature they tend to be. They aren't much good with the vague and lopsided T&Cs of many online operators.

At one time (only 18 years ago!) the only arbitration was the secretive 'Green Seal' service of the Sporting Life newspaper and a bet wasn't a contract. Back in those days there really was nothing that could be done with a recalcitrant bookie.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Recent changes to UK regulation have resulted in an even less friendly situation for players too.

The UK Gambling Commission and the IBAS dispute resolution service are rubbish at player protection so players pay the costs and get no benefits really.
    U.K players often by-pass Ibas and sue directly in County Courts - and win.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by althelegend View Post

U.K players often by-pass Ibas and sue directly in County Courts - and win.
    Really?

I'd genuinely like to speak to one for some advice to give others.

A few people I have worked with have tried this route and got nowhere.