3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

Circle removes all Limits!

I just got an email from Circle, saying they have removed all sending and buying limits.

Can an someone else confirm...?

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

i still have same $300 limit...

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Got the same email. It's for receiving, sending, cashing out. Still limited on buying. Good news, nonetheless.

3runhomer

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    Got the same email. It's for receiving, sending, cashing out. Still limited on buying. Good news, nonetheless.
    Yes. I should have clarified that.

And from what I've read around, circle usually is 1% above market when selling/cashing out...

Im guessing you still need to use intermediary wallets and such...

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

yep, just got the email...seems like buying is only limited now as GoldRush7 said.

3runhomer

This is a good sign going forward...for sure!

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Yeah will definitely be better to cash out through circle

BoKnowsBest
    BoKnowsBest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3640

i got the same email this morning. pleasantly surprised

3runhomer

Is there anything to be concerned about with running a good amount of money through Circle?

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by 3runhomer View Post
    Is there anything to be concerned about with running a good amount of money through Circle?
    Yes? Is Circle not connected to your bank? Is gambling online not illegal in the U.S.? Is the government not in bed with the banks? Circle/Coinbase will eventually become a huge target for the U.S. Government if they aren't already. You will end up on a list. Be careful always moving large amounts of money around in the U.S. using your bank account.

If you are not from the U.S. then don't worry. If you are. Use the trading websites... Learn how to post an Ad, instead of always buying ads. That way the margin goes in your favor!

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

My opinion is different from Pharaoh although it's just speculation.

Many in the US are banned at w. u and m. g. and we were sending money to Costa Rica and Panama. It was obviously for gambling.

No one gets busted for gambling, only booking. Everyone knows what we are doing but they turn a blind eye. The worst that happens is accounts get shut down.

No one can prove what you are doing even though they know what you are doing.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

They will have limits where they need to report transactions and of course larger accounts will get more scrutiny but amount alone should not be an issue imho.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    My opinion is different from Pharaoh although it's just speculation.

Many in the US are banned at w. u and m. g. and we were sending money to Costa Rica and Panama. It was obviously for gambling.

No one gets busted for gambling, only booking. Everyone knows what we are doing but they turn a blind eye. The worst that happens is accounts get shut down.

No one can prove what you are doing even though they know what you are doing.
    This isn't about gambling. This about a currency that scares the crap out of the government as it is being used for tax evasion. Nothing the government hates more than not knowing what money is being used for and losing that control. Why do you think we don't have anything larger than $100 bills? This guy isn't talking about getting $500 being sent to you from a guy in Costa Rica. Of course the gov't doesn't care about that.

Just don't become an easy target is all I'm saying. Eventually U.S. could potentially want to set a few examples for the public to see. If the government sees some guy sending 100K to his bank account through Circle, you best believe they will be asking some questions. If it becomes obvious it's for Gambling because they've hacked a gambling website or the site has given up their deposit/withdraw history with bitcoin addresses, then that's an easy case for them to win and make an example of you. You have now taken an anonymous currency you've been using for gambling and attached your name/social security number/ and bank to your transactions. They can charge you with money laundering and whatever they want. It can and will eventually happen.

bisme
    bisme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

why would you even use circle? just use a trading thread like the one at two plus two and you can rest safe knowing you are completely anonymous.

3runhomer

Quote Originally Posted by bisme View Post
    why would you even use circle? just use a trading thread like the one at two plus two and you can rest safe knowing you are completely anonymous.
    What is this trading thread you speak of?

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

An exciting partnership between Barclays and Bitcoin exchange Circle could lead to a slew of new features and innovations in the digital payment industry. Moreover, this is very positive news for Bitcoin as well, as the European bank is letting Circle use their existing infrastructure to provide real-time conversion from GBP and EUR to Bitcoin, and vice versa.
    http://bitcoinist.net/circle-ceo-blo...ents-industry/
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional