Petkar
    Petkar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

How does a negative balance work

I had a game graded incorrectly (in my favor) ~400 euro payout. I figured I'd give them a chance to correct their mistake and they did, but only about 60 hours after i recieved the money. I could have easily withdrawn the money in this time. So what happens if I did? I get negative 400 euro on my balance, but what if I just stop using the site? Can they send me a bill of some sort, what can they do?

I only play on big sites like marathon and Bet365

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

They could try to recover it but most would not bother for 400 bucks.

Just make you cover it if you want to play there or at any associated books again most likely.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They could try to recover it but most would not bother for 400 bucks.

Just make you cover it if you want to play there or at any associated books again most likely.
    Optional

Where is the 5dimes thread a poster created last night? I noticed earlier a couple posts were removed and now looks like entire thread vanished. Its fine you guys delete threads, after all it's your joint, but don't give a dickhead reply like you usually do....just want to know why it's was deleted.

Optional

Posts about a payment method issue that isn't allowed on the forum and a couple of people posting a bunch of links to external sites.

Petkar
    Petkar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Ok but i'm mainly curious what they legaly can do, say the sum is something they wouldnt just shrug off that easily.. Like 15k euro, because this area really confusing to me.. I tried reading through the rules on bet365 but i couldnt seem to find an answer

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Petkar View Post
    Ok but i'm mainly curious what they legaly can do, say the sum is something they wouldnt just shrug off that easily.. Like 15k euro, because this area really confusing to me.. I tried reading through the rules on bet365 but i couldnt seem to find an answer
    Legally they can chase you the same way you can chase them if they don't pay. Not 100% sure how a judge would rule if they made the error and paid you, which I guess is the question you really want an answer to, but common sense says they would win the same way a bank wins if they accidentally credit your account and you spend it.

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

Heritage was once credited me with 100k by mistake, and I called and told them. If the money is not yours, return it! Good things will come back to you.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Posts about a payment method issue that isn't allowed on the forum and a couple of people posting a bunch of links to external sites.
    This is interesting. So theoretically, if a book and its owner would to be indicted by the Federal Govt of the USA, no posts could be made about it if the indictment involved a payment method? It seems like once an indictment is made, the cats out of the bag regarding the payment method, so what's the point keeping it on the down low other than protecting the book? I would think player protection would trump payment method protection, especially if that method basically doesn't exist anymore since the long arm of the law has already squashed it. I am speaking hypothetically of course and not suggesting anything is ongoing.
    Points Awarded:

kaliboyz gave Foxx 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Optional

I've got no instructions to stop people posting about negative stuff but I'm asked to keep talk of specific payment methods to a bare minimum. Since day one the payment method involved in this has been taboo around here. I've been told it's partly at the request of sponsor books but know no more than that about the reason for it. I suspect it's for three main reasons though. SBR is a google magnet, particularly this sub forum, so not publicly announcing new methods here helps stop peripheral people noticing them as fast. ie: someone could be researching the company involved to invest in them and see us posting about using them for US gamblers and kick up a stink to the right person to get action started to shut it down. Just as a possible example. Secondly, payment methods and maximums change so often they probably prefer players dont post old/wrong info and lastly, when this rule came in a couple of years ago it was at the same time as SBR announced they were targeting the onshore US market for advertising/partner opportunities and needed to be not seen to be supporting any illegal activity. A bunch of changes happened after that and as a poster back then it seemed this was about that mostly.

It's not really my place to be discussing SBRs policies though. I'm just a pleb in the hierarchy around here. So hope you guys might leave me alone about it now.