GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Coinbase- Instant buy

I've made a few bitcoin purchases through coinbase in the past instantly without any issues, but I went to buy some more this morning and it is making me enable instant buys again by adding my credit card. I keep getting this message:

We were unable to verify your card. The following error was returned: Transaction not authorized

I've tried two different cards now, and it's still giving me that error... and yes I've verified all the numbers, billing address, etc, and it even worked before so I have no idea whats going on. I'd prefer not to have to wait 2 days or however long it takes if I can't buy instantly. Anybody have this happen before, or know anywhere else I can buy instantly?

*I have circle, which is great for instant buys...but they only let me put in $300/week.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Coinbase has been giving me problems lately as well. They keep dropping my instant buy limits to $50. I have to keep contacting them to get it fixed which takes 2-3 days. Very frustrating!

GoldRush7

I did some reading on the coinbase forums and it appears that Chase has blacklisted Coinbase. That seems to be why I can't use my Chase cc as a backup card in order to enable instant buys. My next concern is if this will apply to selling bitcoin into my chase checking account. I did so last Wednesday without a problem, but before I request another payout I am hoping to get a clear cut answer. Will keep forum updated with what I find out. If anybody has any further info please let me know, thanks!

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    I did some reading on the coinbase forums and it appears that Chase has blacklisted Coinbase. That seems to be why I can't use my Chase cc as a backup card in order to enable instant buys. My next concern is if this will apply to selling bitcoin into my chase checking account. I did so last Wednesday without a problem, but before I request another payout I am hoping to get a clear cut answer. Will keep forum updated with what I find out. If anybody has any further info please let me know, thanks!
    You should just go open another bank account. I have no problems with BkofAma.

GoldRush7

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    You should just go open another bank account. I have no problems with BkofAma.
    Yeah, I thought about that. I did a a very small "test" withdrawal from coinbase to Chase to see if there is any issue. It may just be an issue with the cards for instant buy purposes(hopefully).

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

That happened to me. They wouldn't recognize my card even though it was valid.