ozpak
    ozpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

Petition to Revoke Sportsbet Licence

Sportsbet who claims to be biggest online Bookmaker in Australia is well known for limiting or restricting punters. On what grounds Sportsbet limit some punters while let other punters to bet in thousand of $$'s is also well known. If you win consistently, sportsbet will limit you. While if you lose more often than you win, you will enjoy maximum limits to bet.

If sportsbet was from some 3rd world country, we could argue that this is corrupt practice. But Sportsbet is from Australia where almost everyone has fair go. So why Sportsbet doing this corrupt practice in Australia and why they are not penalized for this behavior where only losers are allowed to bet with them.

I want to start a petition against Sportsbet to revoke their gaming licence until everyone has a fair go.

Now probably you guys wondering why petition against only Sportsbet and why not other bookmakers. Well reason I choose to start petition against Sportsbet is that they claim to be biggest Aussie online bookmaker. Let's start tackling from the biggest. If few big corporate companies adjust their corrupt behavior then small gaming firms will also adjust themselves by tickle down effect.

Now where I need your help is answering following questions:

1) Choosing the decision maker. Who is the decision maker who has authority to regulate these books nationwide and who has the authority to revoke gaming licences and gambling licenes;

2) Do you care for this petition and if yes what's your reason.

3) Your comments please.

Thanks
    A banned/limited Sports Trader
    OZPak

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I dont think sbr is the vehicle for such.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

According to AustralianDictonary.org a punter is "One who bets. Chiefly on racehorses". I always learn something new here at SBR.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

No its not. A punter is the guy in football who punts the ball on fourth down.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

I sympathise with you but frankly I've got better things to waste my time on.
    And there's no Australia wide authority. You'd have to convince the NT government to get rid of them.
    Personally I'd rather we were rid of WmHill and Ladbrokes.
    At least Sportsbet will generally allow me to stake a few dollars whereas the other two only allow me on what they are obliged to under NSW minimum bet rules. And their odds are generally inferior to Sportsbet's too.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Don't think you are going to get anywhere with this as NT rubber stamps the books ability to act this way.

Maybe speak to Licensing NT about the issue. Can't hurt and they are willing to talk to people. http://www.dob.nt.gov.au/gambling-li...s/default.aspx