jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why would you downgrade a book for booting players ?

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11728

Quote Originally Posted by SharpyUSA View Post
    Also, I was wondering that if a book kicks you out for making too much money with them, does that cause them to get graded lower?
    No , most of the books with A/A- rating here boot winners. It's common practice.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Why would you downgrade a book for booting players ?
    Because they simply don't deserve to be called "bookmakers".

SharpyUSA
    SharpyUSA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 355

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    Because they simply don't deserve to be called "bookmakers".

I agree with Hareeba. Why would you even do offer to be a book when you're going to kick a player out? In my eyes, a person that wins over $50k from book, will always come back, and will probably give that much or close it up again, and in the long run lose the winnings plus more.

I know guys that have won $100k, $60k and $58k from youwager and they paid, and STILL never lowered their limits, or even kicked them out. Real solid book. In my eyes, a gambler may be on a hot streak, but he will most definitely give it back in the long run.

zlaroc
    zlaroc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Warriors !!!

Hareeba!

I agree with Hareeba. Why would you even do offer to be a book when you're going to kick a player out? In my eyes, a person that wins over $50k from book, will always come back, and will probably give that much or close it up again, and in the long run lose the winnings plus more.

I know guys that have won $100k, $60k and $58k from youwager and they paid, and STILL never lowered their limits, or even kicked them out. Real solid book. In my eyes, a gambler may be on a hot streak, but he will most definitely give it back in the long run.
    Gee! If I were to truly believe that I'd never place another bet!
    You seem to think it's impossible to be a long term winner?

Genuine bookmakers of old would welcome winning punters.
    If I were a bookie with pockets as deep as B365's I'd love to find a punter whom I truly believed to be smart enough to win in the long run.
    His tips would be well worth giving him a tick over the odds

ozpak
    ozpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

Gee! If I were to truly believe that I'd never place another bet!
    You seem to think it's impossible to be a long term winner?

Genuine bookmakers of old would welcome winning punters.
    If I were a bookie with pockets as deep as B365's I'd love to find a punter whom I truly believed to be smart enough to win in the long run.
    His tips would be well worth giving him a tick over the odds
    Hareeba! From sound of your posts, it looks you punt on horses and races. You also do sports punting?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Optical - I just want to say thank you so much for all of your help. I have seen you around constantly in the forums and questioning everything and around, only to help them. It may not look like nothing, but your job is extremely hard, because you are being paid to "care" about our money. You definitely deserve a big thank you from everyone.

Also, I was wondering that if a book kicks you out for making too much money with them, does that cause them to get graded lower?
    Thanks Sharpy. That's nice of you to say that.

I don't have direct input on ratings so I don't really know. But as others have mentioned it does not appear to be a big factor on it's own. Almost no books would make an A rating if they were penalized for player management like lowering limits alone.

Remembering that the vast majority of punters are looking for a book to gamble as entertainment so won't ever run into the problem too. It just looks like almost everyone is a long term winner and many get limited from reading SBR as we have a much greater percentage of serious gamblers than the general population.

Bet365 cops the most flack for doing it but how much lower would you seriously place them because of that one aspect? For 95% of their customers the book is perfect and probably their favourite out it is so good compared to the competition.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SharpyUSA

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by ozpak View Post
    Hareeba! From sound of your posts, it looks you punt on horses and races. You also do sports punting?
    Yes I do.

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

It is possible that people in charge at bet$3.65 don't know what the f*ck they doing. It is like most company that get so big that the founder(s) sold for big profit, than the person who take over don't known what they doing. I never recall a company become better when some bullshitter take over the founder position. Here is list of company I notice:
    PartyPoker - # of player when it is private, compare to # of player now
    Pokerstars- take away lots of promotions incentive away from player, profit decrease in a long run
    Pinnacle- not sure about this one, but I just notice the odd for mma/ufc are much juicier after sold, it is almost on par with Betonline.
    Apple stock - when the ceo convince the board to kick out Steve Jobs
    Tesla Motor - Elon Musk fire the ceo believe he do more harm than good.

Public company run by bs people who is very eloquent skills talk them self into power. Their job is increase profit by jobs cut or take the company oversea for cheaper labour or both. In bet$3.65 case, they want to increase profit by gets rid of winners. Looks where Pinnacle come from, they are founded by real gamblers, traders known what they are doing, now I am in fear the direction Pinnacle is heading. Let take a guess where Amazon & Facebooks will end up when the founder decide to sell or retire?
    Last edited by GigaOuts; 02-29-16 at 04:01 PM.

Hareeba!

Betfair is another example of a company which seems to have lost it's way

Foxx

You just have to wonder if the money they save by kicking out real long term winners is actually more than the profits they forgo kicking out long term losers they wrongfully label as a threat.

Foxx

Betfair is another example of a company which seems to have lost it's way
    Yes, the developments at Betfair the last several years are heartbreaking.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    You just have to wonder if the money they save by kicking out real long term winners is actually more than the profits they forgo kicking out long term losers they wrongfully label as a threat.
    Indeed!
    Figures published last week by WmHill Australia disclosed significantly lower turnover "as we implemented client management and trading changes" but also a diminished net result!
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 02-29-16 at 04:52 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Indeed!
    Figures published last week by WmHill Australia disclosed significantly lower turnover "as we implemented client management and trading changes" but also a diminished net result!
    That might be good news. If there is a direct correlation between the two you would think a manager in there would be asking if they are doing the right thing with this.

GigaOuts
    Update your status

Bet$3.65 limited me just after 2-3 ufc events, not even a month time have pass, don't even give me a chance to lose my money back to them. The strange things is, bet$3.65 give me $200 bonus just a week before they limited me (not deposit bonus, just out of nowhere), so thanks you for that ..lol.
    Last edited by GigaOuts; 02-29-16 at 05:53 PM.

ozpak
    ozpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1018

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post
    Bet$3.65 limited me just after 2-3 ufc events, not even a month time have pass, don't even give me a chance to lose my money back to them. The strange things is, bet$3.65 give me $200 bonus just a week before they limited me (not deposit bonus, just out of nowhere), so thanks you for that ..lol.
    Same happened with me. With #bet3.65, I got $200 signup bonus and then 4 x $50 loyalty bonuses. Last loyalty bonus was just 2 days before they limited me.

Now I only open their app just to see live matches or score. All money has been withdrawn from them.

GigaOuts
    Update your status

Yeah, very strange indeed. I didn't use any code to sign up but they give me $200 bonus anyway, very easy to clear too. Maybe it is good cop & bad cop scenario, in this case it is good trader & bad trader. bad trader said,'we going to limit this bastard to happy meal'. good trader said,'that is mean, he just sign up 2 weeks ago. If you going to do that, I have to give him at least $200 bonus & let him bet unlimited amount to clear the bonus, than limited him if you must.'...lol.

First 12