rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

SBOBET caught in shady, live betting behavior....

Game in question is the Dallas Stars, Winnipeg Jets game. I placed two bets on under 4.5 goals in regulation when the score was 2-2. First bet was placed with 7:15 left in the third period, and the other was placed a couple seconds later. Shortly after, play was stopped around the 6:45 mark and the refs reviewed a play from a minute earlier. Link below from nhl.com….

Colton Sceviour scored his sixth goal with 7:31 left in the third period to give Dallas a 3-2 lead. It was not initially ruled a goal, but play was stopped 36 seconds later when video review determined the puck went into the Winnipeg net.

"I had no idea," Sceviour said of the play. "I don't even know what it hit. Fortunately, it was in.”

https://www.nhl.com/news/dallas-star...?tid=278841012

Live, it looked like the shot hit the post so play continued and the goal was not reviewed immediately after. After review, it was determined the puck did cross the line and was ruled a good goal. Both of my bets were accepted AFTER the official goal was scored at the 7:31 mark. Play continued because no one realized at the time it crossed the line. Therefore, my wagers were placed AFTER the goal was scored.

You can damn well believe if I had the over and play continued only to later review a goal and change the call, the bet would have been no actioned as my wagers were placed after the goal.

I chatted with sbo and got the same generic response that “your bet was placed during safe period.” They showed complete and utter incompetence in addressing, or even having a fundamental understanding of the issue at hand.

I will file an official complaint with sbr to give them the correct information they need, but I felt the need to post this on the forum. There are so many books out there who do incredibly shady things in live betting, and I felt like it was my obligation to bring this to the forum’s attention.

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

Write an email to them and explain it like you did here. It will probably get cancelled

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by pjesnik24 View Post
    Write an email to them and explain it like you did here. It will probably get cancelled
    This is good advice.

It sounds like the CS operator did not fully understand, as you said.

As it is such an unusual situation it will take a manager to over rule I am sure.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am sure it will be fine

SBOBET a respectable place

rangerz2478

I explained the situation exactly how I did here, as clearly and concisely as I could. I got the same type of response that "nothing was wrong with the acceptance of the wager" and the same "safe zone" response. I even asked them to DIRECTLY address my comment to prove my point is understood, and I got the same generic responses. Literally refusing to even acknowledge what I was saying.

I am hoping sbr can do better.

squarenfl
    squarenfl's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would REALLY love to hear from someone who had placed on OVER bet on this exact game and time at this book, did they honor his wager? or they did exactly as rangerz described, cancelling it?

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by squarenfl View Post
    i would REALLY love to hear from someone who had placed on OVER bet on this exact game and time at this book, did they honor his wager? or they did exactly as rangerz described, cancelling it?
    It was a short window, so it's possible they didn't have other wagers. But if someone had an over wager I can 100000% guarantee it would have been cancelled.

rangerz2478

Also I should add:

SBO has a "waiting" to "running" system they take on these bets. Over wagers take a damn long time sometimes to be switched to running. Under wagers are switched to running almost instantly. This is clearly done to to benefit the book, and is not a fair practice.

A book like pinnacle would never conduct business this way. Both over/under wagers would be treated exactly the same.

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478 View Post
    Also I should add:

SBO has a "waiting" to "running" system they take on these bets. Over wagers take a damn long time sometimes to be switched to running. Under wagers are switched to running almost instantly. This is clearly done to to benefit the book, and is not a fair practice.

That's a silly claim and if you want to stick by it bring on some proof.
    Proof is easily obtained, make a bet on Over and right away another on Under. No chance Under will get running before Over does.

Also, Pinnacle has different danger zone rules than SBO

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by thordin86 View Post
    That's a silly claim and if you want to stick by it bring on some proof.
    Proof is easily obtained, make a bet on Over and right away another on Under. No chance Under will get running before Over does.

Also, Pinnacle has different danger zone rules than SBO
    No chance?

Do you play live on sbo or are you just assuming? I am specifically referencing live hockey wagers here. When it comes to nba wagers, both are actioned right away and there are no issues. But there absolutely is a difference between the time it takes over wagers and under wagers to be switched to running. Every wager I place on these is for the max offered and I'm not going to do both at the same time just for the hell of it.

Those who play live hockey totals consistently know what I'm talking about.

rangerz2478

SBR:

Do you have an update? I was told on friday the case was being reviewed but I have had no response to my emails since.

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

Just make two 1-euro bets on over and under mate!
    The burden of proof is on you to prove SBO takes advantage of the danger zone, im just telling you how to do it.

Now, I cant find it on their rules but, I remember someone telling me that SBO will keep a danger zone for the whole Power Play duration maybe thats the case?

Optional

SBObet have advised SBR that the issue was resolved to the players satisfaction but our agent has been unable to confirm that with the OP.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    SBObet have advised SBR that the issue was resolved to the players satisfaction but our agent has been unable to confirm that with the OP.
    Sorry guys been busy all day but yes I noticed the adjustment last night. Thanks sbr!

Optional

Glad to hear they sorted it out for you Rangerz

Visarion
    [Too Long]
    Visarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 81

Congrats!!!
    One more proof that sbr can handle unpleasant situations which can be created by the bookies and make more happy the p[layers.
    Thx SBR i always recommend you to all my friends in such cases.
    Good job

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10