GipRock
    GipRock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Mybookie.ag garbage!!

Just got a call from Mybookie.ag threatening to close my account for betting "moves"

I've had the account since the superbowl and I've placed about 8 bets and I'm in the red. They've also limited me to $250/bet.

Books in this industry are complete pussies! How can these guys be scared of $250 in action???

The guy on the phone says they've been tracking my bets and they are all plays... so what you're telling me is that I am not allowed to place sharp bets! WTF!! Maybe I should start calling books before I place an online wager to check if it's ok with them. Such vaginas!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

I'm not much of a fan of MyBookie but if you are a steam player just about every offshore book is going to boot or limit you pretty quickly. You don't sound like you started betting yesterday... but you haven't run across this before?

This treatment is better than usual actually. For them to tell you why and only limit you to $250... some places will go straight to $25 or just boot you without explanation if you show this pattern.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Quote Originally Posted by GipRock View Post
    Just got a call from Mybookie.ag threatening to close my account for betting "moves"

I've had the account since the superbowl and I've placed about 8 bets and I'm in the red. They've also limited me to $250/bet.

Books in this industry are complete pussies! How can these guys be scared of $250 in action???

The guy on the phone says they've been tracking my bets and they are all plays... so what you're telling me is that I am not allowed to place sharp bets! WTF!! Maybe I should start calling books before I place an online wager to check if it's ok with them. Such vaginas!

If you know enough to fire sharp bets then act like youve been doing for a while and not an amateur. $250/game at a bonus shop after betting steam is not bad yet.

now if your not betting steam, have no idea what were talking about, then its a little odd.

GipRock
    GipRock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

They have now taken away my freeplay (which I stupidly hadn't used yet) and are refunding what I have left.

Apparently this industry is only for squares anymore. I wouldn't call myself a steam player, but I'm not stupid either. The way I see it the only way to win at this is to look for value, and that's what I try to do. If players aren't allowed to make sharp plays at a book then the forum community should know about it.

I'm frustrated that it has become standard practice to blame a player for betting into easy lines. How is it my fault that they have a number posted that is 10 cents better than other places?
    Last edited by GipRock; 02-15-16 at 11:28 PM.