QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Not news, one person's opinion. Even if he was right about the blockchain being problematic there are dozens of alt coins that don't have this problem. Investment will go to several of them.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Guy sounds like he has a personal beef but also makes some compelling points. Particularly about so few people controlling so much of it.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Guy sounds like he has a personal beef but also makes some compelling points. Particularly about so few people controlling so much of it.
    You're right. He's mad that he couldn't persuade everyone to change to Bitcoin XT.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I stopped reading after this "it’s now common to be asked to pay more to miners than a credit card would charge." I send and receive bitcoin every day for various things. I believe one time in the last few months I raised my whopping 4 cent fee to 8 cent fee just to guarantee it would go through since the network was a little busier. Unless you are buying lollipops with bitcoins, then this is a bullshit statement.

Also anyone who has to start an article beating on their own chest about how knowledgeable they are is a huge red flag.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Be very careful period

Keep small amounts in your bitcoin accounts

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

If what this guy says is true, what's stopping European or American miners from shattering the dominance of the Chinese? Surely there is more than enough bandwidth in the West... would cost of equipment and/or utilities be an obstacle here?

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    If what this guy says is true, what's stopping European or American miners from shattering the dominance of the Chinese? Surely there is more than enough bandwidth in the West... would cost of equipment and/or utilities be an obstacle here?
    The second part. Creating ASICs is far easier in China. Ask Apple